Madonna’s Greatest Tours POLL results 6pm UK time TONIGHT

Blue Jean

3 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Oh God

Episodic memory refers to a neurocognitive system that renders possible the conscious recollection of events as they were previously experienced. The term is closely related, but not identical, to autobiographical memory, which refers to memory for and about a person's own life. The defining characteristic of episodic memory is its dependence on a special kind of conscious awareness called autonoetic awareness. An individual with autonoetic (or ‘self-knowing’) awareness is capable of roaming at will in subjective time, by recollecting aspects of past experiences, or imagining possible future experiences. It can be contrasted with semantic memory, or the neurocognitive system that makes possible the acquisition, retention, and use of factual information whose retrieval is accompanied by noetic awareness. Research in cognitive neuroscience has identified two brain regions, the medial temporal lobes and the prefrontal cortex, which are critical for the normal operations of episodic and autobiographical memory. The former area is necessary for the establishment of episodic and autobiographical memories, and also participates in their retrieval for a limited time following encoding. The latter area underlies the ability to become autonoetically aware of the personal past and future, and is especially important in episodic memory… 

Do you want to go further in the way we experience and retrieve memories? 

Nice copy and paste from ScienceDirect 🤣🤣🤣🤣

If youre going to steal something like that, at least put it in parenthesis or learn to paraphrase,that's just embarrassing.

1 hour ago, scion said:

Nice copy and paste from ScienceDirect 🤣🤣🤣🤣

If youre going to steal something like that, at least put it in parenthesis or learn to paraphrase,that's just embarrassing.

Dude it’s obviously not mine, I don’t have the ability to write something so scientific in English… you are right should have placed the source… I thought it was obvious… 

just embarrassing is the fact that you don’t have any clue of how memories work but you claim so. 

On 8/17/2023 at 9:37 AM, migsou said:

the only problem i have with this kind of poll is that the large majority of us is judging the concert by the recorded version(s) of it, not the actual show

I went to see SST and I despise it, I can't bother to watch the recorded either without skipping. I went to see RB and MX and I really enjoyed them but I would not rate them above shows like BA or GS. I think the idea is make a critical approach balancing the show value, the music, the entertainment , the feel overall.

On 8/17/2023 at 4:37 AM, migsou said:

the only problem i have with this kind of poll is that the large majority of us is judging the concert by the recorded version(s) of it, not the actual show

I think you make a good point. I have never been to a Madonna concert but have watched all of the tours several times and two of my top 4 RHT and S&ST have come in at the bottom of the poll. I will be seeing Madonna in Tampa next year.

On 8/19/2023 at 3:25 AM, scion said:

It's better to judge a show based on the actual video footage. Judging based on attendance is biased, distorted and generally involves no actual real memory of what occured.

There are many factors that influence someone’s opinion of a show based on the overall experience. But I think most people that voted are hardcore fans that either attended multiple shows or watched countless bootlegs/audience footage and really evaluated the production based on their own taste. The only exception being Madame X which was clearly less popular with fans anyway. We’ve all thought about what are our favourites for years now. For eg, I did not attend The Girlie Show or Drowned World but I know I prefer them over the shows I did attend.

10 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I agree with you. You are part of an experience that is bias according to other factors, eg your mood, alcohol, the company you are with, the audience around you, where you are seated, your age at the time, expectations, how many times you attend… Definitely, it’s a different experience to watching a filmed/edited version but I think both have factors that influence your judgement.

Methodologically both would have had challenges to overcome in the real world, I guess everyone knows that, and take the results of a very diversely sample of people who have in common having seen the tour either live or filmed and being fans of Madonna, as certain. And that’s fine. Otherwise it would be impossible to get to the results you wanted and having this lovely common experience with the fans. 

1 hour ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Methodologically both would have had challenges to overcome in the real world, I guess everyone knows that, and take the results of a very diversely sample of people who have in common having seen the tour either live or filmed and being fans of Madonna, as certain. And that’s fine. Otherwise it would be impossible to get to the results you wanted and having this lovely common experience with the fans. 

I think too, polls are a popularity vote and we know “most popular” is very different to “the best” from a subjective viewpoint. I would never choose this order myself , Sticky would be at the very bottom :laughing:

i know it's (almost) impossible to have this kind of poll exist and expect us to vote only from the concerts we attended. and it will always be bias because we also attach the concert to how much we like the album it is associated with, how far the tour is from her "peak", etc. but some parameters seem more fair than others... people judging from how "live" it sounds on the dvd, how "filtered" the image is, how "fast" the editing is, etc, are judging a film, not a concert.

• Blue Jean changed the title to Madonna’s Greatest Tours POLL results 6pm UK time TONIGHT
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic