The Celebration Countdown Begins...Whats your most (in person) memorable moment from a previous tour?

Garry Howieson

I'm sure y'all will have some memorable stories to tell, but whats your favourite past memories from the last 38 years of her touring ?

It's hard to pick for me

Re-invention (2004) : Saw it 4 times (Manchester, Earls Court x 2, Dublin).  Slane Castle was amazing (Iggy!), but had Golden Circle Access at the front (not the pit on stage), but after spending most of the afternoon with it pissing with rain and during the show, was pretty close to the stage,  and she smiled at me during Crazy for You (although my buddy who was with me denies this :smile: - it was me motherf**ker, she caught that I'm the straight one :tongue:)

Sticky & Sweet(2008) - seen it in Las Vegas, I dunno why everyone hates on this this Tour so much.  She seemed to be really having fun on this tour, and the crowd was amazing.! Most expensive ticket I have ever bought for a concert $375 face value price. , even that long ago.  Worth every cent.

Rebel Heart (2015) - Glasgow.  Man did she come on late. Sunday Night.  Trains stop before 11pm. But giving the middle finger to the venue when they turned the lights on, and coming out to sing Holiday acapella and not giving a rats a**e.  Bet the fine was massive.  And Madge, gimme the £40 back that it cost me to get home coz the last train had gone :angryaf:)

madonna dress you up GIF  

Yeah, Rebel Heart in Glasgow was magical. It was also a special night for me cause my sister and I surprised our parents with tickets and saw the show as a family. Had a blast. 

Being in the Golden Triangle for MDNA in Edinburgh was out of this world. I think the date before that one had a lot of technical difficulties so she pretty much rehearsed the full show with us in the triangle. 

Madame X at the Palladium in London. It was magical - I was absolutely mesmerised from start to finish. 

7 minutes ago, kesiak said:

Yeah, Rebel Heart in Glasgow was magical. It was also a special night for me cause my sister and I surprised our parents with tickets and saw the show as a family. Had a blast. 

Being in the Golden Triangle for MDNA in Edinburgh was out of this world. I think the date before that one had a lot of technical difficulties so she pretty much rehearsed the full show with us in the triangle. 

Madame X at the Palladium in London. It was magical - I was absolutely mesmerised from start to finish. 

Didn't she spend so long doing soundcheck in Edinburgh she had to cut Like a Virgin and I'm addicted from the setlist?

4 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Didn't she spend so long doing soundcheck in Edinburgh she had to cut Like a Virgin and I'm addicted from the setlist?

She did! At leats we got to see I'm Addicted during the soundcheck! During the actual show it was Human Nature and then straight into I'm A Sinner (can't remember whether the Nobody Knows Me interlude was performed). 

I think her entrance with Candy Shop during the Sticky & Sweet here in Chile after 25 years. Her first concert ever in this country... the roar in the audience was immense. The platform elevating at the end of the catwalk during Vogue. People were in awe. I felt like I was part of a movie. She totally makes you feel things

Her walk during Holy Water with the sexy nuns behind her was also great. That was the first time I actually saw her face during Rebel Heart. Love Don't Live Here Anymore was a nice surprise as well. Like A Virgin was totally fun... the choreography reminded me of her performances back in 1984 at Solid Gold/Top Of The Pops. Just her, alone.

For Madame X I think the best moments were Vogue in the shortened version of the show. When she appeared behind the curtain after the Madame X manifesto and the What are you looking at? line :lord: Killers Who Are Partying was beautifully done too! When they hanged the LGBTQ flag at the end for I Rise was a powerful moment and people lifting their fists is something I will never forget.

Girlie Show — watching M for the first time live. I was 12 and with my parents. 

RIT — I popped some Molly and REALLY enjoyed that show. 

Confessions Tour — we drove to Montreal to watch that show. I cut my toe on broken glass (had a lil too much during the after parties)

Sticky & Sweet my first concert being front row. We made eye contact during “You Must Love Me”

MDNA Tour — Wow

Rebel Heart — with my now Husband

madame x — travelled alone from Toronto to NY for my Queen and thank god she didn’t cancel on me lol

Seeing her and smiling during Sticky and Sweet in Buenos Aires, I swear while she was dancing, a drop of her sweat flew to my face, 😂.

Then, to see her that close again but more comfortable inside the golden triangle during MDNA tour Buenos Aires as well. She also pointed her mic to me; so I sang  my favorite song, Like a Prayer. 

Edited by Michael_Py (see edit history)

DWT was my very first M Tour (been a Fan since 1984 but was always to young to travel after her and the Queen herself dindt perform in Switzerland until SS 2008)

So when M came back tourin with DWT i took a month off and did:
Barcelona opening night. 1x Milan. 4x Berlin and 2x Paris. I guess my best memories was the Geisha segment. From Paradise, Frozen till Sky fits Heaven :hearteyes: (i think that is how the religion segment of BA must have felt like)
In Milan i was the closest to M ever when she performed I Deserve it!

RIT: Vogue opening - Paris

CT: Live to tell and Future Lovers - Paris

SS: the fact of the 1. M concert on Swiss ground was more exciting that the show itself :-)

MDNA: GGW opening - Cologne (i was pretty close) / Free Pussy Riot speech - Zurich

RH: Ghosttown - Zurich / Whos that Girl - Cologne

MX: God Control - Paris

My best memories are from DWT, CT and MDNA.

i remember the opening night of the DWT in Barcelona very vividly, but particularly the first time she "flew" in the air in Sky fits heaven, such a surprise and the reaction from the audience was incredible; also have great memories of the second night, she was much more relaxed and interactive with us. While waiting in the opening night, the crowd went crazy when we saw Guy Ritchie entering the arena to see the show. That and the reaction to the first notes of Holiday... :) Wild reaction!

I managed to secure a front row space for the CT after many hours of cueing in the worst possible conditions in Amsterdam, and that concert experience was AMAZING. I mean... the mirror ball opening up right in front of me was the ultimate M experience live. But the best was when she (briefly) locked eyes with me and asked me something during the flags interlude. I could barely talk back at her hahahah

Live to Tell live in that tour was simply stunning and moving, and what an ending with the whole disco section and hung up as a finale...

Another great memory was winning the golden triangle lottery for MDNA. I started shaking from nerves and when I saw I was front row again I couldn't believe it. Got to chat with Guy O while waiting for the show to start and he took a pic of me and 2 other fans while we waited in the golden triangle, plus there is a pic he took from the stage (during M's sound check) where u can see her from the back and looking at us fans (and u can see me grinning at her) I loved the beginning: the bass was soooo powerful with the intro you could feel it deep in your body, a somewhat "scary" and espectacular opening. And the floating marching band in GMAYL was another spectacle (not a huge fan of the song but that live rendition made up for it)

SS and RH tours, probably due to personal reasons, made no great impression on me (even if for RH i was again front row, I simply didn't manage to connect to it, it felt as if something was missing... i felt no urgency or artistic drive in that tour)

And  I unfortunately missed the Reinvention Tour  due to work commitments the day of the show in Arnhem. A pity cause I had friends attending and they were sooooo enthusiastic about it. My Madame X show in Paris got cancelled...

And I am unable to attend the CT2, unfortunately... unless things change, I'll only be able to enjoy it through fan videos. Gutted about it cause I have a feeling it will be spectacular. 

DWT as Madison Square Garden was my first. And that really simple opening of Drowned World into the chaos of Impressive Instant (one of my favorite M songs ever) was something.

RIT: The Beast Within/Vogue/ Bedtime Story: Peak Madonna insanity for me. 

But the most special to me is when she played Tower Records for American Life. Touched my hand during Hollywood. 

The only tour I regret not going to since is, of course, Confessions.

On 10/6/2023 at 5:53 PM, Shoful said:

Rebel Heart Tour - When she walked down the catwalk for the first time (during Holy Water) and it was like the first time I actually saw her. Also that performance is amazing

Madame X Tour - When I was the beer bitch :Madonna006:

Congrats! can you please tell who was the staff member who picked the beer bitch? I guess it was Ricardo, right?😯