Madonna, Dua Lipa and Coldplay will headline Glastonbury next year as two female artists top festival bill for first time ever!

GlamSlam

• 4 months later...
11 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

She doesn’t need Glastonbury so who cares at the end of the day ? She would only be ripped apart by the British press so personally im glad - she will need a rest after this tour anyway 

Zig, you have spilled the T-E-A. But nevermind anyway.

2 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

That's one of the dumber opinions I've read on here in a while. Your never-ending need for attention with wacky comments is rather transparent. Sigh.

Wow you are DRYYYYY. Jesus christ. The comment isn't that whacky, nor is it a dumb opinion. Two people even concurred with their reactions. I don't have a need for attention, thanks for being bitchy though. Sigh

Music festivals suck, yeah THAT'S MY OPINION *Tamra Judge gif*

Madonna wouldn't have been swapped out for Shania. SZA would have been the Madonna replacement. Shania is doing the legends slot. Madonna would not be doing that slot. She'd be the same slow as Elton closing Sunday or Saturday Night. SZA is a huge name in the states but she's not much of a presence here. I've tried repeatedly with her stuff but it sounds so samey to me and I'm a long time RnB / alt RnB fan. I think a lot of people will head home early on the Sunday. The sad thing is the Brazil festival made it work but Glasto just don't seem to be able to afford her or accommodate her needs technically. Plus the risk of her showing up late will not be tolerated. They cut Lana Del Ray and Janet off. No artists is bigger than the festival at Glasto. Ive been many times and tho whole diva thing is so at odds with the spirit of the festival. It could be a disaster for her. If it went ahead a hits heavy, more relaxed singalong celebration tour stuff she'd do great but the singing needs to be 100% live and the setlist not self indulgent. I imagine she just doesn't think she needs it but it would truly be a moment. 2007 would have been the year tbh. 

Glasto is the most amazing festival in the world but so far it has never managed to secure some of those absolutely megastar names. Michael Jackson, Prince, Cher, George Michael, Whitney, Tina Turner and now Madonna. Bowie, Dolly and Elton are a true exception to the rule. 

I have to say it's one of the weakest line ups i've seen in many years.

Dua is big but I hope she has the duration and personality for a headline Glasto slot. It really is a different beast. Cosplay will be great as they're perfect for anthem festivals but they'd been many times before. Shanias always been a bit of a gimmicky act to me . Janelle is in her flop era and the only real pull for me is Jessie Ware and I've seen her in the last six months. It's actually really shit. Disclosure will Bopp but there's no real huge dance acts to pop off to apart from them really.