Fever interlude

Mdolladita

I'm surprised that someone as perfectionist as Madonna has neglected such an important aspect of this new tour: Bob's dialogue. The days go by and there are already several people (not just me) who find some difficulty in understanding his dialogues: either because he speaks very quickly, or because he does not articulate the words well, or because he does not project his voice in all directions, or because the lack of pauses in his dialogues, etc.

I know that Madonna chose him because he won a reality show, he was charismatic and he was the most popular Drag Queen at that time, but I think that that is not enough to guarantee adequate development and expressiveness in front of thousands of people from different parts of the world and that they will depend of him to understand the narrative established by Madonna for this tour.

I hope this imperfection improves as the days go by. If not, I think that changing Bob for another Drag Queen wouldn't be a bad idea.

3 hours ago, thiagosb said:

Guys, Bob is a well established drag queen who communicates with her audience in bars, parties, events, hosts TV shows. Please, stop this nonsense criticism. 

I thought he was fun. It’s not like it’s a movie where you need to follow every word closely. Everyone knows the story anyway.

2 hours ago, DanM said:

The problem I experienced in the pit in Barcelona that the whole sound was muffled. Even if the experience was amazing I was so distracted and annoyed that I couldn’t understand part of the speeches and had to concentrate because of how bad the overall sound was.

Sound in Barcelona was certainly surprising, considering it's usually very good there. Bass were sometimes a lot and distorted. Maybe something has changed now she doesn't have a live band?

I loved Bob. I though at first it was going to be too much but it just works. The hype intro is clever, the 90s interlude, the "Vogue" introduction, etc. etc.

On 11/18/2023 at 7:16 AM, Mdolladita said:

Does anyone has the script of what Bob is saying during this interlude?

Oh! The 90's! The time of innocence, the time when people actually had to go out and meet one another, making an effort to have a relationship was the norm, not the exception. In those days, if you wanted to make friends you had to put yourself out there, [...] social events, and be open to [...] And if you wanted to find love, well you had to put yourself in situations so you could meet someone, or you could actually [...] Let's not forget about [...] In the 90's, you had to make an effort [...] someone, show them why they should choose you.

That's what i can hear :-P

On 11/19/2023 at 2:35 PM, Frank said:

Oh! The 90's! The time of innocence, the time when people actually had to go out and meet one another, making an effort to have a relationship was the norm, not the exception. In those days, if you wanted to make friends you had to put yourself out there, [...] social events, and be open to [...] And if you wanted to find love, well you had to put yourself in situations so you could meet someone, or you could actually [...] Let's not forget about [...] In the 90's, you had to make an effort [...] someone, show them why they should choose you.

That's what i can hear :-P

Let me try to fill the gaps over yours:

Oh! The 90's! The time of innocence, the time when people actually had to go out and meet one another. Making an effort to have a relationship was the norm, not the exception. In those days, if you wanted to make friends you had to put yourself out there, attend social events, and be open to meeting new friends. And if you wanted to find love, well, you had to put yourself in situations where you could meet someone who you could actually [...]. [...] let's not forget about hooking up in the 90's: you actually had to make an effort for someone, show them why they should choose you.

Still two words left (one of them is "fuck" but it's not "fuck" xd).

12 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I'm surprised that someone as perfectionist as Madonna has neglected such an important aspect of this new tour: Bob's dialogue. The days go by and there are already several people (not just me) who find some difficulty in understanding his dialogues: either because he speaks very quickly, or because he does not articulate the words well, or because he does not project his voice in all directions, or because the lack of pauses in his dialogues, etc.

I know that Madonna chose him because he won a reality show, he was charismatic and he was the most popular Drag Queen at that time, but I think that that is not enough to guarantee adequate development and expressiveness in front of thousands of people from different parts of the world and that they will depend of him to understand the narrative established by Madonna for this tour.

I hope this imperfection improves as the days go by. If not, I think that changing Bob for another Drag Queen wouldn't be a bad idea.

And the egocentrist's me. How ironic.

On 11/19/2023 at 8:46 AM, Prayer said:

Let me try to fill the gaps over yours:

Oh! The 90's! The time of innocence, the time when people actually had to go out and meet one another. Making an effort to have a relationship was the norm, not the exception. In those days, if you wanted to make friends you had to put yourself out there, attend social events, and be open to meeting new friends. And if you wanted to find love, well, you had to put yourself in situations where you could meet someone who you could actually [...]. [...] let's not forget about hooking up in the 90's: you actually had to make an effort for someone, show them why they should choose you.

Still two words left (one of them is "fuck" but it's not "fuck" xd).

I hear 'connect with'.