New Ariana Grande Single "yes, and?" Will Heavily Sample "Vogue"

Fabiolous

16 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Some people play the game, and Madonna doesn't. That's why she's the biggest star ever. 

I can't recall of any opportunity M had to shade Ariana, to be not worried to Ariana's health (I remember M's post after Manchester bombing happened), or to be not supportive of Ariana. M even played God to "God is a woman" video quoting the Prophet Ezekiel, the most controversial of prophets (I recommend to read his book btw). M invited Ariana to dress her flapped costume she was auctioning for her Miami fundraiser. M didn't even see any threat to Ariana using the Tree of Life/Etz Chaim to her Break Free MV.

Of course I'm talking about Ariana, who has always be respectful to her influences (don't know if Ariana talked directly to Paula about the Yes, And MV issue at some reunion at Kabbalah Center so I pass on it).

Off topic not too much: however I can normally see M 'not playing the game' when she adds her name to Bedtime Story credits for The Celebration Tour official register, GIVEN M DIDN'T WANT A CREDIT FOR HERSELF IN RESPECT TO BJÖRK'S ARISTRY DESPITE HAVING REWRITTEN ALL LYRICS TO BJÖRK'S DEMO - AS STATED BY BJÖRK HERSELF - AND ALL BJÖRK DID IN RESPONSE WAS TO SAY THE WORST, NASTIER WORDS EVER TOWARDS M.

EDIT: sorry for the CAPS at end but this Bedtime Story credits story still pisses me off to this day.

20 hours ago, Lucky90210 said:

I don't get the Vogue reference. I don't hear it.

I don't hear it either, it's just the overall late 80s / early 90s dance music style. However, most (if not all) articles point out the similarity to Vogue, so I'm happy that Madonna is getting some recognition, even though I don't really hear it and I think the Madonna factor is blown out of proportion. :Madonna052:

31 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I don't hear it either, it's just the overall late 80s / early 90s dance music style. However, most (if not all) articles point out the similarity to Vogue, so I'm happy that Madonna is getting some recognition, even though I don't really hear it and I think the Madonna factor is blown out of proportion. :Madonna052:

The bridge vocal style and the chorus breakouts I'd say are mostly notable similarities

I feel this thread is not in the right place… also after listening to this Yes Next And… I just can’t get how some are comparing it to Vogue… no similarities at all. It gives me 90’s vibes no more.

also why artists tend to ALWAYS pay tribute to others including M herself…? 

15 hours ago, mouse said:

the extended version is a delight  :hearteyes:

True !

Wow extended versions are really back in trend ! Huge artists like Dua oe Ariana release extended like back in the days, that uses the same stems as the regular versions but with extra parts ! After years of average music seems like we're back for good music again !

1 hour ago, Redha DBL said:

True !

Wow extended versions are really back in trend ! Huge artists like Dua oe Ariana release extended like back in the days, that uses the same stems as the regular versions but with extra parts ! After years of average music seems like we're back for good music again !

oh yes so much agree with you.
I am so happy about this. I'm a huge fan of extended singles :hearteyes:

2 hours ago, Ayham said:

The funny thing they copy exactly the same thing under the words (tribute/inspired) as an excuse… the gurl literally did Paul’s video EXACTLY THE SAME!!! 🤯🤯🤯 what’s the reason?!!! Why can’t they just make new ideas? 🤔

Well the Fall of the Angels present to the Apocalypse of John is a blatant copy of the one from the apocryph Book of Enoch (only adopted by the Ethiopian Christian Church)...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch

Guess even to run out of ideas is not a new thing to face...

the amount of different versions available, for the sole purpose of reaching #1 is ridiculous at this point...

"Yes, And?" – 3:34

"Yes, And?" (edit) – 3:10

"Yes, And?" (extended mix) – 5:08

"Yes, And?" (sped up) – 3:13

"Yes, And?" (a cappella) – 3:16

"Yes, And?" (slowed) – 4:01

"Yes, And?" (instrumental) – 3:34

"Yes, And?" (extended instrumental mix) – 5:08

They're literally releasing a sped up chipmunk version of the song, just to add a few more sales and streams from fans :eyes:

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

the amount of different versions available, for the sole purpose of reaching #1 is ridiculous at this point...

"Yes, And?" – 3:34

"Yes, And?" (edit) – 3:10

"Yes, And?" (extended mix) – 5:08

"Yes, And?" (sped up) – 3:13

"Yes, And?" (a cappella) – 3:16

"Yes, And?" (slowed) – 4:01

"Yes, And?" (instrumental) – 3:34

"Yes, And?" (extended instrumental mix) – 5:08

They're literally releasing a sped up chipmunk version of the song, just to add a few more sales and streams from fans :eyes:

I think there are 12 different versions and formats in the UK!

Thankfully all the versions didn't help this crap reach number 1. Yes, and?

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
5 hours ago, androiduser said:

That’s exactly what they’re for. It’s bc here in the US it‘s going against this seemingly unstoppable Jack Harlow song. They want to get her in at #1 and it’s likely to happen.

I was actually hoping we’d all be surprised and Greedy would finally hit #1 but no such luck.

Fwiw sped up/slowed down versions have become fairly common for single releases. It’s like instead of dance or guest rapper remixes they’re doing that now. I guess they’re for use on tiktok.