New Ariana Grande Single "yes, and?" Will Heavily Sample "Vogue"

Fabiolous

GDccU5gWoAAy6aI?format=jpg&name=medium

Ariana Grande is releasing her comeback lead single "yes, and?" this Friday and according to reports it will heavily interpolate Madonna's Vogue.

https://out.reddit.com/t3_192wl0u?app_name=android&token=AQAAflSeZXF7yWf9VpfKDv64-2qRlePBollZZVVqHXtA_6UVEUJB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fx.com%2Fusradioupdater%2Fstatus%2F1744888674578321852%3Fs%3D46

Edited by RUADJAI (see edit history)

I saw this like some time before but I thought that no one would care and I somehow predicted a song of Like A Prayer or from that era would sound like it and I was right after all seems my magic Emily plushie is working 

I was heavily hoping it was a strong  pop rock song with the style of Like A Prayer but this is good too

In popular music, interpolation (also called a replayed sample) refers to using a melody—or portions of a melody (often with modified lyrics)—from a previously recorded song but re-recording the melody instead of directly sampling it.[1][2] Interpolation is often used when the artist or label who owns the recording of the music declines to license the sample, or if licensing the piece of music is considered too costly.

6 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Here's a fan theory since the track is produced by Max Martin and interpolates Vogue some people rumor that she pitched her track to Ariana and she changed some parts

It would be cool if M was involved in this too, but Max pretty much confirmed that his track with Madonna was very 80’s sounding. So that gives me hope that we will be hearing that separately sometime soon!

8 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Here's a fan theory since the track is produced by Max Martin and interpolates Vogue some people rumor that she pitched her track to Ariana and she changed some parts

Now that would be interesting. We'll have to wait for Ariana to answer some question about how the song came to be in an interview. If that's the case, I'm sure she'd love to chat about it and tell the story of Madonna offering her a song.

2 hours ago, xavier said:

In popular music, interpolation (also called a replayed sample) refers to using a melody—or portions of a melody (often with modified lyrics)—from a previously recorded song but re-recording the melody instead of directly sampling it.[1][2] Interpolation is often used when the artist or label who owns the recording of the music declines to license the sample, or if licensing the piece of music is considered too costly.

Ariana is such a big Madonna fan, though, and respectful of her and her legacy. So there's no way she took the sample without explicit permission from Mother M herself. She wouldn't do that without her approval. And Madonna seems to never lend out her work! So she must believe in this song.

4 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

that new ava max song that samples shakiras whenever wherever sounds awful

can popstars stop sampling everything good and make something original

This is what happens when artists sells their music… 💀💀💀 I didn’t hear the song and I won’t. 🙏🏼

• RUADJAI changed the title to New Ariana Grande Single "yes, and?" Will Heavily Sample "Vogue"
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic