Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced

2 hours ago, Honey Little said:

It’s her most streamed non-single on Madame X or her entire discography?

her entire discography. the song has almost 46 million streams on spotify. 

if i'm not wrong the second most streamed non-single song on spotify is devil pray with over 18 million.

are we expecting the official announcement today? the leading Italian news agency ANSA has announced the concert three days ago

https://www.ansa.it/sito/notizie/mondo/americalatina/2024/03/07/madonna-a-rio-nel-piu-grande-show-dei-suoi-40-anni-di-carriera_dbce854f-10ec-43b7-b9d7-7fd1a05636bd.html 

30 minutes ago, Frankito said:

her entire discography. the song has almost 46 million streams on spotify. 

if i'm not wrong the second most streamed non-single song on spotify is devil pray with over 18 million.

are we expecting the official announcement today? the leading Italian news agency ANSA has announced the concert three days ago

https://www.ansa.it/sito/notizie/mondo/americalatina/2024/03/07/madonna-a-rio-nel-piu-grande-show-dei-suoi-40-anni-di-carriera_dbce854f-10ec-43b7-b9d7-7fd1a05636bd.html 

Thanks 

18 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Yeah it was a Portugal thing no? 

Yeah I think so, and other countries with that thicc Portuguese accent. In Brazil it's really funny how it sounds and it's quite difficult to take seriously a song sung entirely in that accent except for some huge classics (Sodade is beautiful for example - but a funk song would crack everyone up)

2 minutes ago, Ekans said:

Yeah I think so, and other countries with that thicc Portuguese accent. In Brazil it's really funny how it sounds and it's quite difficult to take seriously a song sung entirely in that accent except for some huge classics (Sodade is beautiful for example - but a funk song would crack everyone up)

Oh my goodness... Can I say something giving I'm Brazilian myself?

Sôdade's not even in Portuguese, but in "crioulo de Cabo Verde" (a dialect of Portuguese spoken in that country). Proof of that is the most famous line from this song, "sôdade, sôdade des nha terra São Nicolau," in standard Portuguese (both European and Brazilian), it'd be "saudade, saudade dessa minha terra de São Nicolau." Get the picture, guy?

1 minute ago, Anapausis said:

Oh my goodness... Can I say something giving I'm Brazilian myself?

Sôdade's not even in Portuguese, but in "crioulo de Cabo Verde" (a dialect of Portuguese spoken in that country). Proof of that is the most famous line from this song, "sôdade, sôdade des nha terra São Nicolau," in standard Portuguese (both European and Brazilian), it'd be "saudade, saudade dessa minha terra de São Nicolau." Get the picture, guy?

Thank you for your lecture sis. But a portuguese dialect is still portuguese.

I am so confused by all these Portuguese posts.

But the most important thing that we clarified is that the Madonna song on Madame X featuring Anita was the world wide popular song and huge in Brazil. NOT the original version. Once again, Madonna rules the world. It’s like understanding  that the original 60s version of Ray of Light was just a minor hit if at all. Madonna’s version was the popular smash hit.

17 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

I am so confused by all these Portuguese posts.

But the most important thing that we clarified is that the Madonna song on Madame X featuring Anita was the world wide popular song and huge in Brazil. NOT the original version. Once again, Madonna rules the world. It’s like understanding  that the original 60s version of Ray of Light was just a minor hit if at all. Madonna’s version was the popular smash hit.

Yes, I believe everyone meant that their featuring together was the one famous here in Brazil. 

1 hour ago, Ekans said:

Thank you for your lecture sis. But a portuguese dialect is still portuguese.

Well...

2242171_Screenshot_20240310_180238_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5cd0261be1b4939e03e5446cf210f586.jpg

And about creole languages:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creole_language

And about strictly Cape Verdean Creole language (language Sôdade was written):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Verdean_Creole

After reading all of this, I wanna know from you if Sôdade's actually written in Portuguese.

Walloon's a French dialect spoken in Belgium; does it mean Walloon = French?

Get this other pic of mine, guy?

8 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Well...

2242171_Screenshot_20240310_180238_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5cd0261be1b4939e03e5446cf210f586.jpg

And about creole languages:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creole_language

And about strictly Cape Verdean Creole language (language Sôdade was written):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Verdean_Creole

After reading all of this, I wanna know from you if Sôdade's actually written in Portuguese.

Walloon's a French dialect spoken in Belgium; does it mean Walloon = French?

Get this other pic of mine, guy?

Oh my God I think the point I tried to make was pretty clear. I'm not gonna read any of that. Chill and go do something else ffs

5 hours ago, Ekans said:

Not in Brazil. The song only became popular here because of M & Anitta, before them nobody cared and didn't even know the original artist

I'm betting that if all this is true about Madonna doing a concert in Brazil, she will most likely have Anitta on stage and perform if not an abridge version of the song. I think it would probably cause the crowd to go wild and be another viral live moment from the show, being both M and A really wanted to make a video for that song. :)

28 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Oh I will put you to my ignore list since it's the better to do...

Swish swish bish, another one in the basket...

@RebelMe you got new company!!!

oh my god, why are you being so mean to people? Like if someone doesn't agree with you, they are being a bitch or something else. Girl, I don't have anything against you, chill. This is a Madonna forum, stop being so toxic.

:salty:

• RUADJAI changed the title to Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced