Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced

3 hours ago, Ekans said:

According to Veja Rio’s journalists, this is actually the final map for the show. I cannot read anything but at the far right you can see that the stage is supposed to be exactly the same as the rest of the tour. I just can’t figure out where the VIP area is delimited?

IMG_8359.png

If this is the case the filming and broadcast might happen on the same night in Rio 

24 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Are we going to hear the exact same argument once all over again and again as in other threads??? Word by word???!!!

We hear it the first time Serious Season 1 GIF by Everything's Trash

And in the same 12 hour period. People just love to argue about anything. 🤣

The Brazilian stage/setlist is the new “album reissue” argument.

As some have mentioned,  I’m wondering if this show will be completely different from the Celebration show?  Something on the line of the Live 8 shows with only five or six songs? The only reason I’m wondering this is she might want to do something completely different from the Celebration tour (as the tour might be getting so tiring for her now). New costumes etc. Nothing would surprise me.

10 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I’m wondering if this show will be completely different from the Celebration show?  Something on the line of the Live 8 shows with only three, Five or six songs? The only reason I’m wondering this is she might want to do something completely different from the Celebration tour (as the tour might be getting so tiring for her now). Nothing would surprise me. 

A concert for +1 mi people with only a couple of songs?

War Fx GIF by BasketsFX

12 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

The first one was from the camera man stating this Tim2flyhigh Off to Mexico! 6 shows, 4 flights,3 countries, 2 load in/outs, 1 film and 1 televised broadcast to go until we call it a wrap on this Celebration Tour!

https://www.instagram.com/p/C51lVC-NhF7/?igsh=MXRwYTNhNWMwY2tsMg== 

The second one was from a Mexican fan page stating that the camera man confirmed the filming to them. 

Curious about why “3 countries”. Mexico and Brazil are the only places they're visiting, unless they're referring to the US aswell.

But also, why 4 flights? US-MX/MX-BR/BR-US are only 3. Could they be visiting somewhere else? 🤔

16 minutes ago, Alm47 said:

Curious about why “3 countries”. Mexico and Brazil are the only places they're visiting, unless they're referring to the US aswell.

But also, why 4 flights? US-MX/MX-BR/BR-US are only 3. Could they be visiting somewhere else? 🤔

I don’t remember which post it was, but there was a pic of him on a United jet. United from Austin to Mex would stop in Houston, so I’m just assuming hers including layovers. But… maybe not. :)

1 hour ago, Voguerista said:

As some have mentioned,  I’m wondering if this show will be completely different from the Celebration show?  Something on the line of the Live 8 shows with only five or six songs? The only reason I’m wondering this is she might want to do something completely different from the Celebration tour (as the tour might be getting so tiring for her now). New costumes etc. Nothing would surprise me.

now that the official blueprint plan of the event has been leaked, we know that she'll bring the full Celebration stage.

also, in every single ad and in the press conference the show was referenced as "The Celebration Tour" so I'm sure it will be the same concert, with maybe a few surprises for the brazilian audiences.

1 hour ago, Alm47 said:

I guess it’s the USA 🇺🇸 plus Mexico 🇲🇽 plus Brasil 🇧🇷 

I wonder about the 4 flights to, it could refer to any connections needed to reach Rio from Mexico, or the flight back home 

I'm getting flashbacks to MDNA at Olympia 

On July 17 2012, it was announced Madonna would do an "intimate one night only performance" at Paris's Olympia hall, on Thursday July 26 2012. It was described as Madonna's way "to honor her love for French artists, French cinema and a tribute to France’s long history of welcoming and inspiring artists". Tickets for the concert were first allotted to members of her official fan club on July 18, and three days later, were put on sale for the general public;

The concert was critically panned by fans and attendees, many of whom had allegedly paid more than €280 or had slept on the street overnight to be able to purchase tickets, with most of the criticism centering on the fact that the set only lasted 45 minutes.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120720192354/https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonnas-mdna-tour-adds-special-performance-at-paris-famed-olympia-july-26th

Following the backlash, publicist Liz Rosenberg issued a statement saying that "[the show] was not billed as her full MDNA concert and tremendous effort was made to keep the ticket prices reasonable [...] [it] cost Madonna close to a million dollars to produce. She has done a handful of club dates in the past and they were never more than 45 minutes"

https://web.archive.org/web/20201103130228/https://www.mtv.com/news/1690697/madonna-paris-show-mdna-tour/

Obviously this is a free concert but for now the fear is there, I'm sure it will all be fine

3 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

On July 17 2012, it was announced Madonna would do an "intimate one night only performance" at Paris's Olympia hall, on Thursday July 26 2012. It was described as Madonna's way "to honor her love for French artists, French cinema and a tribute to France’s long history of welcoming and inspiring artists". Tickets for the concert were first allotted to members of her official fan club on July 18, and three days later, were put on sale for the general public;

The concert was critically panned by fans and attendees, many of whom had allegedly paid more than €280 or had slept on the street overnight to be able to purchase tickets, with most of the criticism centering on the fact that the set only lasted 45 minutes.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120720192354/https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonnas-mdna-tour-adds-special-performance-at-paris-famed-olympia-july-26th

Following the backlash, publicist Liz Rosenberg issued a statement saying that "[the show] was not billed as her full MDNA concert and tremendous effort was made to keep the ticket prices reasonable [...] [it] cost Madonna close to a million dollars to produce. She has done a handful of club dates in the past and they were never more than 45 minutes"

https://web.archive.org/web/20201103130228/https://www.mtv.com/news/1690697/madonna-paris-show-mdna-tour/

Obviously this is a free concert but for now the fear is there, I'm sure it will all be fine

it was not critically panned. a few loud "fans" were complaining (many whom were holding nasty signs during the show, such as "salope") we later saw that marine le pen fans orchestrated the hate because she got very critical about her on the MDNA tour. extreme right supporters were destroying madonna tour posters before the show

why would fans be angry during the show, where organisers said they had never witnessed such loud jumping and singing? you can watch the show online. FANS loved it. 

7 hours ago, musicinferno said:

So rich people at the front? They better be jumping and screaming like her die hard fans; nobody wants a Vegas type of crowd. 

Rich, famous and/or well connected people... I'm sure they might be some die hard fans there (especially as winners of the giveaway Itaú was doing), but the whole jumping + singing-along-to-all-the-lyrics-from-the-top-of-our-lungs experience that Brazilians deliver in concerts will probably be delegated to a further back part of the audience.. :(

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

One of her most unforgettable shows ever! I loved every minute of it (especially the performance below). Whether the Rio show is an hour long or two hours long, it will be greatness.

7 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

One of her most unforgettable shows ever! I loved every minute of it (especially the performance below). Whether the Rio show is an hour long or two hours long, it will be greatness.

Ugh, perfection, this should have replaced Revolver on the main MDNA Tour setlist

4 minutes ago, extreme said:

Lately, Madonna has demonstrated that she is dissatisfied with the Brazilian public. I think the sponsors want some adjustments that she is not willing to make.

WHAT??? 

She’s not willing to wear a can of Brahma beer instead of the JPG dress in Vogue? 

Or change the image of Sinead for Itau’s logo???

What a b!!!

41 minutes ago, lennyleonard said:

Rich, famous and/or well connected people... I'm sure they might be some die hard fans there (especially as winners of the giveaway Itaú was doing), but the whole jumping + singing-along-to-all-the-lyrics-from-the-top-of-our-lungs experience that Brazilians deliver in concerts will probably be delegated to a further back part of the audience.. :(

can't they build some seats on the side for the vips?

2 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

WHAT??? 

She’s not willing to wear a can of Brahma beer instead of the JPG dress in Vogue? 

Or change the image of Sinead for Itau’s logo???

What a b!!!

I'm talking about cutting the performances of "like a prayer", "the beast within" etc. It won't look good for ITAU and the mayor of Rio to be associated with this. It's an election year for mayor, and the opposition is already prepared to use this against him.

7 minutes ago, extreme said:

I'm talking about cutting the performances of "like a prayer", "the beast within" etc. It won't look good for ITAU and the mayor of Rio to be associated with this. It's an election year for mayor, and the opposition is already prepared to use this against him.

Is this for real or you are assuming this?

1 hour ago, Voguerista said:

Agree! I love the Olympia show and I love the official film on YouTube. Complete perfection.

49 minutes ago, extreme said:

Lately, Madonna has demonstrated that she is dissatisfied with the Brazilian public. I think the sponsors want some adjustments that she is not willing to make.

Where are the receipts for this “demonstration” of disapproval of the Brazilian public?