Madonna on Broadway???

12 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

If the book is reworked with Stuart and staging is made with La Horde and Damien Jalet it could bring something new and different to Broadway

Brilliant idea.

I saw Nicole Scherzinger in Sunset Boulevard in London last year. A very contemporary take on a classic that was really captivating. I would love to see Madonna doing something in that vein.

6 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

She's performing a two hours  show 4 times a week for 6 months !

Yes, but I'm not talking about energy. Do you have any idea of the minimum level of vocal technique that is required on Broadway?
Not really pop music level

31 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

How about Evita fully Miami mixed on Broadway? The final lament might be tricky but I have faith. And I'm fine with her lip syncing the whole thing tbh.

Many musicals are partly lipped. Shocking I know I guess its too many shows to do for months on end about 8 times a week. 

except she literally is NOT. B+ at best....and clearly the hint says SUPER A List...moving on!

I saw M on Speed the Plow and i was glorious....waiting by the stage doors for her to come out after the shows. Bring it on, I am so here for it! 

10 hours ago, deathproof said:

Are you not familiar with Broadway?

More than 10 years ago, I saw Evita with Elena Roger and Ricky Martin. Both were excellent. And from Ricky Martin, I didn't expect it at all. I don't know, I've gotten the idea that the technical level on Broadway is quite high.

10 minutes ago, FraP said:

More than 10 years ago, I saw Evita with Elena Roger and Ricky Martin. Both were excellent. And from Ricky Martin, I didn't expect it at all. I don't know, I've gotten the idea that the technical level on Broadway is quite high.

I think they only care about selling tickets these days. So if someone is a huge star then of course they will cast them.

1 hour ago, FraP said:

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

I think they only care about selling tickets these days. So if someone is a huge star then of course they will cast them.

Exactly. Broadway is all about stunt casting. The return profits on Broadway are so low, that most shows won’t even last a yr.

Chicago has had the likes of: Pamela Anderson, Wendy Williams, Nene Leakes, Ashlee Simpson, Christie Brinkley, Jerry Springer, Lisa Rina, Patrick Swayze, Michael C Hall…, the list goes on and on…

Lets

not forget the Funny Girl fiasco with Jonah Hills sister a few yrs ago…

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

Exactly. Broadway is all about stunt casting. The return profits on Broadway are so low, that most shows won’t even last a yr.

Chicago has had the likes of: Pamela Anderson, Wendy Williams, Nene Leakes, Ashlee Simpson, Christie Brinkley, Jerry Springer, Lisa Rina, Patrick Swayze, Michael C Hall…, the list goes on and on…

Lets

not forget the Funny Girl fiasco with Jonah Hills sister a few yrs ago…

I didn't know that, sorry!

Anyway, Michael C Hall is a great singer. In Lazarus he was amazing!