Which songs make you think "Madonna CAN SING."

Another performance I think shows she can sing is Little Star on Oprah. Once again, she’s not technically perfect but there’s a passion there that a non singer could not carry. X-static process on mtv is another one.

She’s a good singer imo. Not the best but good. Madonna is all about her personality though, not technical ability.

7 hours ago, McDonna said:

So I'm not allowed my opinion?  Sorry, but you might want to learn that people have different perspectives than you that doesn't necessarily make them wrong.  Of course, I am very aware my post is subjective, but so is yours!  There is no absolute wrong here in what we've been discussing.  It's simply subjective!  I'm fine with your choices, so be respecful of mine.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952kp19xri307x05tiys0

See you on your next duplicate account!

4 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I’m with McFlurry, it’s largely backing track particularly on this night

Well thats fine.  But on my audio device she can clearly be heard.  Lowder than the backing track.  ALLOT Lowder... on lots of videos that night... I guess we all have different hearing and audio devices. 

5 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Well thats fine.  But on my audio device she can clearly be heard.  Lowder than the backing track.  ALLOT Lowder... on lots of videos that night... I guess we all have different hearing and audio devices. 

I never said she couldn't be heard.  I certainly can hear her, but I'm simply saying the backing track is really backing up her live vocals.

7 hours ago, MPowered said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952kp19xri307x05tiys0

See you on your next duplicate account!

I fail to see how this has anything to do with me or this discussion?  This isn't productive to this conversation. You're just making totally fabricated accusations and creating more animosity between members!  If you can't say anything without attacking or being shady to people than don't comment at all. 

4 hours ago, sara94 said:

Rescue Me

I love Rescue me, one of my faves, but it's mostly spoken. And when she sings the chorus, she tries TOO HARD to sound like Aretha Franklin. I mean, it's good, but forced and not so authentic. Anyway I love Rescue me and hope one day it will earn the praise it deserves (her best lyric IMO)

5 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I never said she couldn't be heard.  I certainly can hear her, but I'm simply saying the backing track is really backing up her live vocals.

And i disagree.  Why is that so hard to accept? You tag me saying i should accept different opinions, while you trying to push yours down my troath. Im really not up for a fight or something because i respect you as a member but can we let this one go?

You think live to tell is often out of tune in the Celebration tours and i think otherwise... You think that clip i posted is carried heavy by the backing track, i think not, because her voice is much louder. If the backing track was backing her up that much it would be more mixed with her live voice. And i don't know on what phone, earbuds or headphones you listen but to me i only hear the backing track backing her up more in the chorus, wich is totaly normal. But in the verses i hear 90% her live vocals and 10% track, and she sounds good. TO ME!... and no, i never said you can't hear her, but you said the backing track backing her up, if thats the case her live vocals would not be that clear on that video, at least to me it is... And if your hearing otherwise, great. Again i really don't want to make this bigger than this. We don't agree, i like you as a member, the end 

14 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

Her Voice is very beutiful and sweet. The thing is she does not have much volume or range or power and sometimes she is out of key or out of breath.

90% of the pop singers are sometimes out of key. Some are getting away with it way more than others. For example Rihanna, i love her, but she also got lots of horrible vocal performances, and she never gets that much hate for being out of tune like Madonna.  People still talk about how horrible she sounded at eurovision. Lol...

10 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

And i disagree.  Why is that so hard to accept? You tag me saying i should accept different opinions, while you trying to push yours down my troath. Im really not up for a fight or something because i respect you as a member but can we let this one go?

You think live to tell is often out of tune in the Celebration tours and i think otherwise... You think that clip i posted is carried heavy by the backing track, i think not, because her voice is much louder. If the backing track was backing her up that much it would be more mixed with her live voice. And i don't know on what phone, earbuds or headphones you listen but to me i only hear the backing track backing her up more in the chorus, wich is totaly normal. But in the verses i hear 90% her live vocals and 10% track, and she sounds good. TO ME!... and no, i never said you can't hear her, but you said the backing track backing her up, if thats the case her live vocals would not be that clear on that video, at least to me it is... And if your hearing otherwise, great. Again i really don't want to make this bigger than this. We don't agree, i like you as a member, the end 

I'm not pushing anything down your throat.  I'm having a civil disagreement. I'm not saying you are wrong. I didn't post "no and No" to your opinion.  I accept your opinion, but you keep misinterpreting what I've posted, by keep assuming I can't hear her LIVE vocals. I can hear it.  I am simply saying, it's the backing vocals that is helping her sound as good as she is on that song. I hear the backing track just as clearly too.

10 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I'm not pushing anything down your throat.  I'm having a civil disagreement. I'm not saying you are wrong. I didn't post "no and No" to your opinion.  I accept your opinion, but you keep misinterpreting what I've posted, by keep assuming I can't hear her LIVE vocals. I can hear it.  I am simply saying, it's the backing vocals that is helping her sound as good as she is on that song. I hear the backing track just as clearly too.

Its fine sweety 🥰 I respect yours to. But i really think she sounds good lots of times singing this song. Its my favorite performance of the tour.. 

What is your favorite performance of the tour? ... if i may ask...

10 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Another performance I think shows she can sing is Little Star on Oprah. Once again, she’s not technically perfect but there’s a passion there that a non singer could not carry. X-static process on mtv is another one.

She’s a good singer imo. Not the best but good. Madonna is all about her personality though, not technical ability.

Little star on oprah is great and she sounded still great singing a snippet of this at the Celebration Tour 🥰

13 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Its fine sweety 🥰 I respect yours to. But i really think she sounds good lots of times singing this song. Its my favorite performance of the tour.. 

What is your favorite performance of the tour? ... if i may ask...

While I agree she sounds fine singing it on this tour, it doesn't come close to sounding as good as she sung it on Confessions tour or even during the BAT or WTG.  And you know already that I think she wasn't as great during the WTG singing it as well at times.  I feel her best vocal of this song is Confessions and it's miles apart from Celebration Tours vocals.

I'm having a hard time picking one moment as a favorite, but I do really like Bad Girl.  Again, she has a backing track that's helping her along the way on the track, but you can still see and hear her singing live.  I also really loved Rain when she performed it.  The 80's section is great as well, especially Holiday.  And of course Nothing Really Matters is a real treat, but I can't say which one specifically is my one favorite.  So many great moments. :luv:

7 minutes ago, McDonna said:

While I agree she sounds fine singing it on this tour, it doesn't come close to sounding as good as she sung it on Confessions tour or even during the BAT or WTG.  And you know already that I think she wasn't as great during the WTG singing it as well at times.  I feel her best vocal of this song is Confessions and it's miles apart from Celebration Tours vocals.

I'm having a hard time picking one moment as a favorite, but I do really like Bad Girl.  Again, she has a backing track that's helping her along the way on the track, but you can still see and hear her singing live.  I also really loved Rain when she performed it.  The 80's section is great as well, especially Holiday.  And of course Nothing Really Matters is a real treat, but I can't say which one specifically is my one favorite.  So many great moments. :luv:

I see the backing tracks on Celebration as the tours background singers, wich her past tours had, so it's really not that different 🥰... Bad Girl is great on Celebration, and sounding pretty good to, her vocals this tour are so much better than what we where expecting before the tour started.  Rain is great to 🥰 she sounded pretty good singing Rain at my show and she was so close to me... and the 80's section is great to, Open Your Heart is my favorite that section... So we agree on everything here... Thanks for the reply 

3 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

I see the backing tracks on Celebration as the tours background singers, wich her past tours had, so it's really not that different 🥰... Bad Girl is great on Celebration, and sounding pretty good to, her vocals this tour are so much better than what we where expecting before the tour started.  Rain is great to 🥰 she sounded pretty good singing Rain at my show and she was so close to me... and the 80's section is great to, Open Your Heart is my favorite that section... So we agree on everything here... Thanks for the reply 

I think for me the backing tracks are too loud and not very well balance out at times. I can clearly hear her singing live over her own vocals and unlike true back up singers, you're not getting the live harmonies from what you would get from back up singers.  It's been like this for many of her tours.  I think the last time they really got it right (with backing tracks) is on Confession Tour.  For the most part, it really felt she was singing every single note live.  I never felt like the backing tracks were carrying her performance as much as it is happening now with her shows. 

I personally wish she wouldn't use the backing tracks as much as she does.  At times, it's too karaoke for me.  But she does have some really good moments when performing many songs.  It's just I rather hear her completely live... warts and all.  I'm not bothered if she hits a bum notes.  Most entertainers never are able to sing through a whole show without having some bum notes moments.  Not only that, I keep in account Madonna is doing so much more than just standing their singing. The more movement anyone does while singing live, you should expect some varied and shaky vocals.  It's much easier to just stand behind a microphone, just singing, and singing beautiful than doing all the dancing, etc., she does. 

And yes, I love Open Your Heart and Into The Groove and the fact she's singing more of a demo/early version of Burning Up. :party:

26 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I think for me the backing tracks are too loud and not very well balance out at times. I can clearly hear her singing live over her own vocals and unlike true back up singers, you're not getting the live harmonies from what you would get from back up singers.  It's been like this for many of her tours.  I think the last time they really got it right (with backing tracks) is on Confession Tour.  For the most part, it really felt she was singing every single note live.  I never felt like the backing tracks were carrying her performance as much as it is happening now with her shows. 

I personally wish she would use the backing tracks as much as she does.  At times, it's too karaoke for me.  But she does have some really good moments when performing many songs.  It's just I rather hear her completely live... warts and all.  I'm not bothered if she hits a bum notes.  Most entertainers never are able to sing through a whole show without having some bum notes moments.  Not only that, I keep in account Madonna is doing so much more than just standing their singing. The more movement anyone does while singing live, you should expect some varied and shaky vocals.  It's much easier to just stand behind a microphone, just singing, and singing beautiful than doing all the dancing, etc., she does. 

And yes, I love Open Your Heart and Into The Groove and the fact she's singing more of a demo/early version of Burning Up. :party:

To me they are to loud on "some" songs but for most of the performances i think they are in great balance Tracks/Live vocals, because i can hear her loud and clear.  But thats my take on it... 

Confessions was great to sounding wise 🥰 

4 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

To me they are to loud on "some" songs but for most of the performances i think they are in great balance Tracks/Live vocals, because i can hear her loud and clear.  But thats my take on it... 

Confessions was great to sounding wise 🥰 

It's definitely like songs like Everybody and Holiday that annoy me because the backing tracks are clearly taking over her live vocals and it's like you hear her for one part and then another part it's clearly the backing track.  Even Ray of Light and Bedtime Stories suffer from some of that even though I do hear her live vocals more on those tracks.  I sorta give a pass to Erotica and Justify My Love because some of those lyrics are sung at a near whisper and trying to duplicate that live would be less audible.

5 minutes ago, McDonna said:

It's definitely like songs like Everybody and Holiday that annoy me because the backing tracks are clearly taking over her live vocals and it's like you hear her for one part and then another part it's clearly the backing track.  Even Ray of Light and Bedtime Stories suffer from some of that even though I do hear her live vocals more on those tracks.  I sorta give a pass to Erotica and Justify My Love because some of those lyrics are sung at a near whisper and trying to duplicate that live would be less audible.

I agree on Everybody... On Holliday and Especially Bedtime story i can perfectly hear her. On Ray of light the backing track takes over her vocals only in the chorus to me, i can hear her verry clear singing the verses and sounding pretty good on that one, better than expected, there is a video out there from Ray of light where she starts singing to late because she is drinking from that bottle and the vocals from the verses starts playing and they are not loud  . And when you watch videos in the Blooper section, with mistakes, where she starts singing to late, you can hear that lots of songs don't have a verry loud backing track because the mistakes are so good to be heard. And when she starts singing to late most of the time the vocals you hear playing are not that loud ( example: forget the mic open your heart) the choruses are a bit louder mostly. The vocals when she starts singing are mostly louder. But that's my opinion.  And it also depends on the video quality and spot where that person recorded the video. And in person i could hear her pretty good. Take a look if you want 🥰

32 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

I agree on Everybody... On Holliday and Especially Bedtime story i can perfectly hear her. On Ray of light the backing track takes over her vocals only in the chorus to me, i can hear her verry clear singing the verses and sounding pretty good on that one, better than expected, there is a video out there from Ray of light where she starts singing to late because she is drinking from that bottle and the vocals from the verses starts playing and they are not loud  . And when you watch videos in the Blooper section, with mistakes, where she starts singing to late, you can hear that lots of songs don't have a verry loud backing track because the mistakes are so good to be heard. And when she starts singing to late most of the time the vocals you hear playing are not that loud ( example: forget the mic open your heart) the choruses are a bit louder mostly. The vocals when she starts singing are mostly louder. But that's my opinion.  And it also depends on the video quality and spot where that person recorded the video. And in person i could hear her pretty good. Take a look if you want 🥰

To be clear, when I say I hear the backing tracks take over, I still hear her live vocals. A lot of times it comes and goes on some of the songs I mentioned.  That's the case with Ray of Light, but I agree, her live vocals show more on Bedtime Story, but that's what I want to hear, not the backing track vocals behind her. 

I personally hate she's using vocal backing tracks.  To me, it's a crutch and at times it sounds weird because like on Live To Tell, I hear her singing live, but then the backing track combined with it, it sounds awkward to me.  This is why I have an issue with Live To Tell compared to her singing on past tours.  On those past tours, you could clearly hear her sing live without the disturbance of backing tracks trying to over take her live vocals.

And to add @True Blue 84, I don't mind the mess ups/bloopers.  To me, that's all part of the charm of a live performance.  It needn't really to be perfect for me. If I wanted that, I'd listen to the studio recording.  This is why I dislike it when musicians rely too much on vocal backing tracks or flat out lip sync songs at a live concert.  Again, if I wanted to hear a studio recording, I'd play the album.  Again, I give more of a pass when they might be highly active or there is part of a vocal that is hard to duplicate live among a huge audience. For instance, trying to whisper something in a mic in front of 30 to 50 thousand people, is probably not going to be very audible. My wish is she use more live musicians for at least the vocalization of her songs.  If she messes up, so be it!  I never expect any live performance to be exactly like the studio recording.

32 minutes ago, McDonna said:

And to add @True Blue 84, I don't mind the mess ups/bloopers.  To me, that's all part of the charm of a live performance.  It needn't really to be perfect for me. If I wanted that, I'd listen to the studio recording.  This is why I dislike it when musicians rely too much on vocal backing tracks or flat out lip sync songs at a live concert.  Again, if I wanted to hear a studio recording, I'd play the album.  Again, I give more of a pass when they might be highly active or there is part of a vocal that is hard to duplicate live among a huge audience. For instance, trying to whisper something in a mic in front of 30 to 50 thousand people, is probably not going to be very audible. My wish is she use more live musicians for at least the vocalization of her songs.  If she messes up, so be it!  I never expect any live performance to be exactly like the studio recording.

I don't mind the mess ups either, they are just proving my point, that the backing tracks aren't THAT loud. That's why i brought them up... 

7 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

I don't mind the mess ups either, they are just proving my point, that the backing tracks aren't THAT loud. That's why i brought them up... 

Actually, the backing vocal tracks only makes the screw ups more noticeable. I say this because if she doesn't come in or sing along with the backing track, it's very noticeable.  Though if she didn't have the vocal backing track, her not coming in or flubbing up on a line would be less noticeable. But of course hardcore fans that know every single lyric will hear a mistake before anyone else.  So with the vocal backing track, you hear the track continuing while at the same time you hear the live vocal not keeping up.  I prefer her to sing without the backing vocal, which would allow her to be more free in her delivery.  At least if she flubs up without the backing vocal track, she could easily slip into the right moment without the backing vocal showing her mistake.

3 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Actually, the backing vocal tracks only makes the screw ups more noticeable. I say this because if she doesn't come in or sing along with the backing track, it's very noticeable.  Though if she didn't have the vocal backing track, her not coming in or flubbing up on a line would be less noticeable. But of course hardcore fans that know every single lyric will hear a mistake before anyone else.  So with the vocal backing track, you hear the track continuing while at the same time you hear the live vocal not keeping up.  I prefer her to sing without the backing vocal, which would allow her to be more free in her delivery.  At least if she flubs up without the backing vocal track, she could easily slip into the right moment without the backing vocal showing her mistake.

We are getting really off subject here, what song or performance did made you realize Madonna could sing? 🥰