Apple Music animated album covers

Prayer

• 3 weeks later...

Idk if anyone else has been paying attention but Apple Music has been counting down their list of the 100 best albums of all time. So far Like A Prayer is #77. They still have the top 20 to go but I doubt ROL or any other will be higher.

Anyway, now when you go to her page LAP is at the very top where a new release would be, w/the header 100 best albums. Which is cool! I’d much rather that be there than the Popular ep or any other remix ep.

This could also be timely considering the song’s exposure in the Deadpool/Wolverine movie.

17 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Idk if anyone else has been paying attention but Apple Music has been counting down their list of the 100 best albums of all time. So far Like A Prayer is #77. They still have the top 20 to go but I doubt ROL or any other will be higher.

Anyway, now when you go to her page LAP is at the very top where a new release would be, w/the header 100 best albums. Which is cool! I’d much rather that be there than the Popular ep or any other remix ep.

This could also be timely considering the song’s exposure in the Deadpool/Wolverine movie.

It would be amazing if American Life makes the top 10. I would love it.

13 hours ago, MikeyK said:

There's only one album per artist listed, so LAP will be the only Madonna album there.

That whole list is a joke though. They're revealing the higher positions now and... well, joke.

17 minutes ago, Prayer said:

There's only one album per artist listed, so LAP will be the only Madonna album there.

That whole list is a joke though. They're revealing the higher positions now and... well, joke.

Yeah that’s what it seemed. So that means Sign O The Times is Prince’s highest, and Purple Rain won’t be there. Wow. And Revolver is the only Beatles album.

Ugh I was dreading seeing Taylor Swift in the top 20. 🤢

8 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Yeah that’s what it seemed. So that means Sign O The Times is Prince’s highest, and Purple Rain won’t be there. Wow. And Revolver is the only Beatles album.

Ugh I was dreading seeing Taylor Swift in the top 20. 🤢

I mean, "1989 (Taylor's Version)" at #18. No disrespect to her but honestly.

That list is a joke.

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

I mean, "1989 (Taylor's Version)" at #18. No disrespect to her but honestly.

That list is a joke.

Lol. Indeed. At this point I think half the top 10 can be predicted. Thriller, Nevermind, Back To Black, Miseducation, a Kendrick album (not in this order necessarily). Maybe Frank Ocean, Fiona Apple.

Anyway, like I said it’s cool to see LAP being featured at the top of her page at least. 🤷‍♂️

On 5/21/2024 at 12:02 PM, Prayer said:

Beyoncé, Beatles, Prince, Stevie Wonder and Radiohead have two albums on the list.

7 hours ago, Arckangel said:

Beyoncé, Beatles, Prince, Stevie Wonder and Stevie Wonder have two albums on the list.

Yep, they do. When I wrote that only half of the Top 100 was revealed and no artist had more than one album, so everyone assumed it was one album per artist.

Now we know that's not the case.