MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

7 hours ago, luckypierre78 said:

I'm seeing things related to the first album pop up a lot recently.  There was that VinylMePlease insta video of kids listening to Lucky Star, the report of the First Album as an upcoming CD release at Juno.co.uk, and I just heard Borderline playing in a grocery store in Toronto yesterday.  Even if we don't get anything on May 31, I'm betting that the first album is what's getting re-released first.  Seems like there's some viral marketing dollars already being spent for it.

I don't think Borderline playing in a store has anything to do with marketing dollars dear. 

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

It’s been three years since the Warners reconnect and the big announcement of physical mixed media reissues and curated deluxe editions and yet, we still have very little.

Anniversaries of her best work come and go and all that seems to happen is a release in digital format. 

It’s kinda been a massive disappointment if I’m honest. But not surprising. 

Edited by rockstar04 (see edit history)

8 hours ago, luckypierre78 said:

Shhh let me live in my delusion :lol:

Maybe it is, but at the same time, you have to ask why all of a sudden more attention is being paid to that album and/or singles lately.  It's possible it may be the result of the tour which encourage some media sources to pay more attention to it.  Do I think Warner paid to get these songs more attention lately? No, but I do believe in domino effects. It's not far fetch that recent Madonna releases, concerts and media coverage has help paid more tribute and interest to some of her back catalog, including her debut! :luv:

15 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Also the original press release says 'The series of releases will be overseen by Warner Music’s catalog team, led by Kevin Gore, President of Global Catalog, Recorded Music' direct your anger at them

I’m not angry.  I’m disappointed. 

I am simply voicing disappointment at something I know we all had hoped for. 

19 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Also the original press release says 'The series of releases will be overseen by Warner Music’s catalog team, led by Kevin Gore, President of Global Catalog, Recorded Music' direct your anger at them

Kevin Gore were responsible for the 2012 boxset by the way. 😝

At this point I'm not even disappointed, it's already in the past, I'm not waiting anything anymore that's why I don't post. The latest 'news' we have is that modified text that tells it's starting next year. They can easily change that text again so it doesn't says a lot really. I hope all this time was needed to make sure it's gonna be perfect and well made in all aspects. Idk. 😜

2 hours ago, Harrdust said:

At this point I'm not even disappointed, it's already in the past, I'm not waiting anything anymore that's why I don't post. The latest 'news' we have is that modified text that tells it's starting next year. They can easily change that text again so it doesn't says a lot really. I hope all this time was needed to make sure it's gonna be perfect and well made in all aspects. Idk. 😜

What news are you talking about with modified text? The one from 2012 was modified and pasted on her website to say next year?

3 hours ago, Harrdust said:

I’m kind of the same mindset now too - the first 2 years I just hoped and hoped we would get something we’ve not had before - maybe a concert or an unreleased song ? People seem happy with just vinyl reissues and mixes on streaming ( good for them ) to me that’s just doing a half assed job - I will make do with the Prince estate and the beautiful sets they are putting out - I wish her team would just ask the fans what they want seeing as we are the ones who are buying it 

3 hours ago, Honey Little said:

What news are you talking about with modified text? The one from 2012 was modified and pasted on her website to say next year?

I'm talking about this, you might have already seen this, it was posted like two weeks ago.

https://www.wmg.com/news/madonna-and-warner-music-group-announce-milestone-career-spanning-partnership-35716#:~:text=The deal encompasses her entire,Warner catalog beginning in 2025.

22 minutes ago, Harrdust said:

That's the press release from August 16th 2021, same as the one on her website:

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-and-warner-music-group-announce-milestone--career-spanning-partnership

The "next year" part was already included there.

It's fair to assume plans changed along the way, obviously.

Upper left corner literally says "August 16, 2021" 

This was definitely not posted 2 weeks ago. It's pretty much the same statement from 2021 

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

That's the press release from August 16th 2021, same as the one on her website:

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-and-warner-music-group-announce-milestone--career-spanning-partnership

The "next year" part was already included there.

It's fair to assume plans changed along the way, obviously.

Yeah I know, I mean the whole press release is changed from time to time, removing and adding other parts. It's not the same everywhere. Though the anniversary was last year and not in 2022 right? 

1 hour ago, maddy1111 said:

Upper left corner literally says "August 16, 2021" 

This was definitely not posted 2 weeks ago. It's pretty much the same statement from 2021 

I read that, I mean it was posted here recently, I'm sure I saw the link like two weeks ago or so. 

29 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

What’s this about it was the same press release as 2012 for some box set??? 

You probably mixed up the posts. The 2012 box set has nothing to do with the press release about the anniversary. I just mentioned that the guy responsible on the recent and upcoming projects was responsible for that old box set from 2012.

14 minutes ago, Harrdust said:

Yeah I know, I mean the whole press release is changed from time to time, removing and adding other parts. It's not the same everywhere. Though the anniversary was last year and not in 2022 right? 

It's not changed from time to time. As fas as I know it's been the same text since day one. A press release is set on a date, the format itself is related to the original date always... it's meant to release news about something or make an announcement.

2022 will mark the 40th anniversary of Madonna’s recording debut.

This of course was about the "Everybody" single, released in October 1982 and her first official music release ever.

You probably mixed up the posts. The 2012 box set has nothing to do with the press release about the anniversary. I just mentioned that the guy responsible on the recent and upcoming projects was responsible for that old box set from 2012.

Oh ok thanks. What box set? The Japanese single box set? I love that. I want that!

13 hours ago, Prayer said:

It's not changed from time to time. As fas as I know it's been the same text since day one. A press release is set on a date, the format itself is related to the original date always... it's meant to release news about something or make an announcement.

2022 will mark the 40th anniversary of Madonna’s recording debut.

This of course was about the "Everybody" single, released in October 1982 and her first official music release ever.

I think it has been discussed in the past that the text has changed, but I don't remember what or when. But okay anyway. I hope someone can help me here. Otherwise I'm turning delulu. 😝

You're right, for some reason I though it was released in 1983 😵💫. 👍