• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Same

BTW - I remember Drownedmadonna ha - such a blast from the past! I also remember that was when the drama started with leaking, unlocked images - and then another collector having the shits and literally leaked hundreds and hundreds at a time.

On 5/6/2024 at 5:16 PM, Jackie said:

I wonder how that swimming pool scene would have fitted into the narrative - interesting concept! 

If i'm not mistaken, it was for this scene:

Screenshot-2024-05-09-at-12-33-31-PM.png

But she freaked out and deemed it unsafe, so they had to find a work around to simulate the "falling" 

I believe it's mentioned in the FUSE special.

On 5/6/2024 at 5:16 PM, Jackie said:

I wonder how that swimming pool scene would have fitted into the narrative - interesting concept! 

But she freaked out and deemed it unsafe, so they had to find a work around to simulate the "falling" 

On 5/4/2024 at 7:16 AM, Pootz333 said:

I guess it doesn't count but I can't believe we have video for her first performance of Everybody but there's still no video of her at The Roxy or Rain Forest events in '98 NYC. There is audio where she sounds great for the RF event but still no video, only little clips of her dancing with Elton John I think. I'm convinced some collector or someone who worked at the Roxy has some kind of video somewhere. 

I want a documentary on the Madonna Collector/ Trading Dark Web. 

Well since media were there and there’s footage of her with Elton there must be footage of Frozen from that Rainforest thing.

54 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Makes sense. And probably a dream sequence similar to what was used. I personally hate the thought of a diving board. But maybe the diving board wasn’t actually going to feature in the shot and they were just using it to get a shot of her falling into water?

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Makes sense. And probably a dream sequence similar to what was used. I personally hate the thought of a diving board. But maybe the diving board wasn’t actually going to feature in the shot and they were just using it to get a shot of her falling into water?

Agree, thanks @deathproof makes great sense!

I agree - the diving board would not have featured, would have been used to allow her to jump from a height.

6 minutes ago, planetbenjamin said:

Susan Seidelman said Warners had scheduled a video to be filmed for "Into The Groove". But she stepped in and demanded that it be clips from the movie instead. So the proper video never got filmed. 

Interesting! I wonder what it was going to be like

On 5/6/2024 at 11:25 PM, Jackie said:

BTW - I remember Drownedmadonna ha - such a blast from the past! I also remember that was when the drama started with leaking, unlocked images - and then another collector having the shits and literally leaked hundreds and hundreds at a time.

Absolutely !!

3 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Can’t believe you were Preston. I seem to recall you were a troublemaker .

Nice try. I was a moderator and a good one, ask Giampero and Gugarko. I don't even have to justify myself, anyone who remembers me from Fanzine know i was nice with people. Me and the other mods were a great team and doing a good job in keeping the forum as respectful as possible. I can give you a few tips.

53 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

I kind of remember Smash Hits saying she was gpnna shoot the video for Cherish at a hair salon in Los Angeles but as they had a spoof section where they wrote "jokes" maybe i read it in there.

They must have ended up using that hair salon idea for Blond Ambition then, which I always felt was a nod to Grease.

I also remembet David Fincher being brought in for Bad Girl after Tum Burton and Ellen Von Unwerth, i wonder if they had a treatment in mind already. 

And there's the alternate ending video of Open Your Heart, with a random couple, looking very 50's à la Mondino, walking and dancing in an alley. It was shown in France on the french music channel MCM, i had it on vhs. right before the final cut there's this couple up close looking at each other, the woman wears a black wig in which the guy plants a flower and they walk away laughing and dancing, it's in a back alley with brick walls, totally random and cheap.

14 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

Nice try. I was a moderator and a good one, ask Giampero and Gugarko. I don't even have to justify myself, anyone who remembers me from Fanzine know i was nice with people. Me and the other mods were a great team and doing a good job in keeping the forum as respectful as possible. I can give you a few tips.

Tip number 1: don’t have a sense of humour and take everything that’s said seriously :laughing:

I do honestly remember the name Preston though but from Madonnamad I think. I can’t specifically remember details.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Gui said:

I think this is the closest thing we have of a music video for Holiday:

<3

Actually we have a few.  Many assumed this was the official video for the song as well as the one her official channel called "official" from Solid Gold which isn't even complete...