WHO'S THAT GIRL

The who's that girl era has to be one of my absolute favourites. I love madge post WTG but I think she seemed so approachable, friendly, sweet but still cheeky during this time. The movie is wonderful and it represents a new more innocent Madonna. The soundtrack has to be a personal favourite for me. It has all those qualities I just mentioned. Can't stop is also one of the best songs on the album. I hope it gets remastered sometime soon as the streaming version is so damn quiet. What are your opinions on the era?

51 minutes ago, CAUSINGACOMMOTION said:

The who's that girl era has to be one of my absolute favourites. I love madge post WTG but I think she seemed so approachable, friendly, sweet but still cheeky during this time. The movie is wonderful and it represents a new more innocent Madonna. The soundtrack has to be a personal favourite for me. It has all those qualities I just mentioned. Can't stop is also one of the best songs on the album. I hope it gets remastered sometime soon as the streaming version is so damn quiet. What are your opinions on the era?

The same as yours. That movie was what has made me fall in love to her.

first film i ever saw in the cinema(cant wait for the blu-ray in july ) named my username after the era too and i still think its her best tour too - sorry but i dont like cant stop that much apart from the bridge but i will still take it over vulger, hank panky, BIM and American Life songs :) xx

6 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

first film i ever saw in the cinema(cant wait for the blu-ray in july ) named my username after the era too and i still think its her best tour too - sorry but i dont like cant stop that much apart from the bridge but i will still take it over vulger, hank panky, BIM and American Life songs :) xx

Oh Zig you're not a hyena anymore, you're a lovely cougar, purring to satisfaction!!! Nikki Finn bless ya!!!

We had our match when you met me

I know that you'll disagree, it's crazy!

7 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

To me Can't stop is a bubbling, bubble gum piece of perfection. I understand what you mean about AL. I love it though! Unpopular opinion, I think confessions sucks!

9 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

The tour is definitely among her best, it's the most energetic and rockish performing ever provided. She went back to that level of energy with the SST, but I felt as it lacked a strong soundtrack and interesting concepts (Candy shop, Vogue and La isla are out of this world in that tour tough).

For me the era is essentially the tour, I like the songs from the soundtrack but I consider it as the finale of the True blue era (there was almost no stop between the two) and Niky is kinda iconic and fun but I watched the movie twice and I'm fine. Said that, that tour was really something, people did crazy, insane things to see her, to follow her, the Paris concert, the Heathrow mess, the italian show broadcast. And it was the moment I fell in love for her, watching her live in Torino on the TV.

DIaRCmnVAAAvFR4.jpg

Uc7lX_7VxYPmL8K18fM3rNEVjjZ5cPV95y_6-yYSPYs.webp

I love the movie. It’s not outstanding but it’s enjoyable and I think it got an unfair reaction by critics and the public. It’s much better than Shanghai Surprise.

The singles from the soundtrack were great too. The tour is perfect for its time. Some of the costumes, theatrics and choreography has not aged well but her energy level is amazing. I don’t believe she ever really brought this level of raw energy again until Sticky.

I kind of think of both the Who’s That Girl era and You Can Dance as an extension of the True Blue era.

8 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Ban 

23 minutes ago, stefo said:

The tour is definitely among her best, it's the most energetic and rockish performing ever provided. She went back to that level of energy with the SST, but I felt as it lacked a strong soundtrack and interesting concepts (Candy shop, Vogue and La isla are out of this world in that tour tough).

For me the era is essentially the tour, I like the songs from the soundtrack (Can't stop is a track I very rarely listen to honestly) but I felt it as the finale of the  True blue (there was almost no stop between the two) and Niky is kinda iconic and fun but I watched the movie twice and I'm fine. Said that, that tour was really something, people did crazy, insane things to see her, to follow her, the Paris concert, the Heathrow mess, the italian show broadcast. And it was the moment I fell in love and suddenly became fan, watching her in Torino on the TV.

DIaRCmnVAAAvFR4.jpg

Uc7lX_7VxYPmL8K18fM3rNEVjjZ5cPV95y_6-yYSPYs.webp

That bitch wit da cigarette gonna get yelled at during sound check.

I love the movie, the soundtrack and the tour. I find her sublime in the WTG clip with this dark hair and light makeup :hearteyes:

I have a particular attachment to this period. She was an untouchable goddess at that time. All this incredible overexposure. It was a crazy time. The tour is so iconic and the first concert of my life ! :heart:

A personal favourite time. I skipped school to see WTG premiere at the cinema. I loved the slapstick vibe and the entire soundtrack, then the tour on TV in Australia. The innocence of the pre internet era is a good memory, we were grateful for any snippet of information and footage.