Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

Exactly. Which is why those songs need to be extras. There is no way that she can include all of those songs in the film because people just wouldn't go for it. And she can't put in every special song that she did. That would break the show's flow a lot. Watching the Showtime special, what we got in the Gypsy section worked. Had she included Like a Prayer and Take a Bow, there would be way too much time of nothing really going on. Those moments are only meaningful for hardcore fans. To a casual fan who is watching it (which happens more than you would think, I do it myself with other artists) there is no doubt that this section would be boring. My idea is this:

Include a feature on the disc that before you click play, you are given a list of the special songs and you click which ones you want to see in the film. This idea came from the Jukebox features people used to put on their DVD's. Just a thought.

I know there are too many songs to be all included and no way would I want 5 songs between dress you up and rebel heart. But there is logic to my thinking she would choose Take A Bow and Like A Prayer, she did those alot near the taping and both of them where on the days of taping. Take A Bow on tour for the first time ever is HUGE and I personally loved that she used a version close to the original arrangemnt, it was simple, sweat but so beautiful, look at True Blue, the short simple but beautiful version but still a highlight. Again we dont need 20 dancers in all songs. There are other songs on the tour that sound close to original version, not just Take A Bow. For me Take A Bow was a dream come true and the fan reactions were amazing. Also, there are several pro-shot crane shots of Like a prayer in the endcredits and in that chinese interview with all he sneak peeks of the tour. The spider camera was also doing amazing job in lika a prayer. About the other songs, they just dont have those multi camera option and would look flatter due to taping limitation but i still think she will include WTG secret ghosttown and dont tell as extras. So leave the sydney ones in the film, they do serve a purpose there and are well known songs so nonhardcore fan might find them appaeling rather than sex or the other interludes. It does help when selling a concert film to a casual fan to have known songs on the back cover, it is a good business move. All other songs she was doing in the third act as extra would be lovely ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ something for everyone 😊

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Take a bow but it was musically very poor like a bad karaoke.

I'd rather have who's that girl, which fits better in the section, and Ghosttown, like in Turin.

My favourite speeches are the one about the Paris attacks and the one for Bowie with Rebel Rebel.

Thats what I would include.

I loved Drowned world but it is less representative and we already have the beautiful CT version.

I think it is possible she edited a longer version before the Showtime one, including LDLHA, Take A Bow and Like A Prayer. At least I hope so. Looking at the edits, it appears that parts were actually cut off, very obviously in Devil Pray and somewhat in Heartbreakcity

Seriously though, WHAT was cut off, 3 members have said this and none have responded all of devil pray is present as far as I am aware

Also chorus is cut in deeper and deeper, not so obvious but is there

It's painfully obvious to me, but since there were people that wanted the entire song cut, I can see how some wouldn't even notice.

I'm curious to know if anyone that attended the show would disagree that it was a dud? I can't remember a "lesser known" and underperformed song being such a crowd pleaser on tour.

It's painfully obvious to me, but since there were people that wanted the entire song cut, I can see how some wouldn't even notice.

I'm curious to know if anyone that attended the show would disagree that it was a dud? I can't remember a "lesser known" and underperformed song being such a crowd pleaser on tour.

Girl I got my whole LIFE to Deeper and Deeper

a4e7a68e6517773743a5fe692de0819e.jpg

Girl I got my whole LIFE to Deeper and Deepera4e7a68e6517773743a5fe692de0819e.jpg

Deeper and deeper was the most crazy emotional I've ever been at a Madonna concert. It was a high point when I saw the RiT show, but the original arrangement on RHT was too much for me to handle, in the best possible way. And the double chorus before the bridge is completely necessary, so it MUST be in the final cut of the DVD.

I was thinking about the DVD. some people are so sure that she will release these extra 15 minutes; the extended version of the Showtime film, others are afraid we will just get the Shwotime version. If she would realease the showtime version without the missing songs it will piss off everyone so much and I am sure Madonna and her team know this by now. If she included the FULL show with the missing material, people would want to buy it, but they are less excited to buy the showtime version that everyone has seen already. Put in some extras too and she will sell alot of DVDs. It is really a no-brainer to me. Releasing just the showtime version is a bit lazy really, it cant be impossible to re-edit the film with 3 other song. I am sure she can do that for her patient fans. She has at least a few months if she is releading this on her birthday

No Showtime Version NOOOO!!! :cry: it is like the TV Broadcast of the Confessions Tour with Missing Songs and some cuts like in Live To Tell, but the DVD version was the Real Full Show!, I really want the full Rebel Heart Tour Show!, specially for Love Don't Live Here Anymore and Take a Bow :cry::heart:

I'm sure they know what we want, but lets be honest... the general public aside from fans won't even know the difference, or even know this was broadcasted on Showtime lol. So on one hand, its quicker to just release the showtime version. On the other, they're adding the extra stuff which is why it's taking until August to be released. LORD I'm a downer. Sorry guys lol.

I won't be pissed off if its the showtime cut cos it's what I expect. I only really need LDLHA. :thinker::thinker::thinker:

It would be nice if it had extras but extras are called extras for a reason and honestly expecting lots of extras on a Madonna release is a bit naive. :lol:

but what did she mean after the broadcast, she said songs were missing cause we had to cut the show down to 2 hours or less and the show was 2 hours and 15 minutes, which is pretty precise because the sydney shows were much longer and other shows very variable in time. And 2 hours and 15 minutes is what the film would have had it included the cut/edited part of some songs and the extra 3 songs that were missing. And yes I am sure she knows large majority wants the longer show even though fighter here is content 😊 and she knows fans are the majority that buys the DVDs and she knows she will sell more if it includes more stuff than the showtime version that everyone has anyway. Its a nobrainer.

This is exactly like he cuts made in the NBC US broadcast of the Confessions tour, save for the truly strange and abrupt breaks for commercials. The DVD was the whole show intact ( since there were some sizable ommissions for that broadcast) and some pretty awesome behind the scenes rehearsals, which were a whole new addition to Madonna dvds.

The TV broadcast of Sticky and Sweet was no different, trim it a bit, and the add it back into the show and add a behind the scenes doc for the DVD.

Since MDNA came in under the 2hr time limit for broadcasts, especially on a commercial-free cable channel, it didn't need to be trimmed.

What is Differnet about the RHT broadcast is the 3!songs that were cut were either hallmark Madonna songs and fan favorites, and 2 of them were never performed live on tour prior to this one.

Also, Let's not forget the high cost of performing a Like A Virgin album track. Nile Rodgers still gets his cut for production of those songs, remixed and mashed-up or not.

Showtime would have to pay those royalties to broadcast the show, unless they paid a flat fee and Madonna and co. divvied up the royalty payments. Either way I'd say $ for $, LAV, DYU and MG will always win over LDLHA.

Although unlikely,

For all we know she delivered the whole show to Showtime and THEY made the cuts.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic