Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

Guest ArthurBadin

This is exactly like he cuts made in the NBC US broadcast of the Confessions tour, save for the truly strange and abrupt breaks for commercials. The DVD was the whole show intact ( since there were some sizable ommissions for that broadcast) and some pretty awesome behind the scenes rehearsals, which were a whole new addition to Madonna dvds.

The TV broadcast of Sticky and Sweet was no different, trim it a bit, and the add it back into the show and add a behind the scenes doc for the DVD.

Since MDNA came in under the 2hr time limit for broadcasts, especially on a commercial-free cable channel, it didn't need to be trimmed.

What is Differnet about the RHT broadcast is the 3!songs that were cut were either hallmark Madonna songs and fan favorites, and 2 of them were never performed live on tour prior to this one.

Also, Let's not forget the high cost of performing a Like A Virgin album track. Nile Rodgers still gets his cut for production of those songs, remixed and mashed-up or not.

Showtime would have to pay those royalties to broadcast the show, unless they paid a flat fee and Madonna and co. divvied up the royalty payments. Either way I'd say $ for $, LAV, DYU and MG will always win over LDLHA.

Although unlikely,

For all we know she delivered the whole show to Showtime and THEY made the cuts.

We cannot forget those bts had been already released on at-the-time innovative new YouTube. Of course due to YT limitations they were very short and, for that reason, there were many of them. They remind me of the bts featured on Kylie's Live in Sydney DVD (of course it was only a coincidence! Even because at time of Kylie's tour there wasn't YT, of course!)

For S&ST and MDNA there were proper circa 30-min backstage docs which chronicled better the tours as themselves.

Probably if rumours of TOAC being included as a bonus on RHT DVD/BD are true finally I'll see a double-disc feature this time (I was really doubting of that in recent past, but...) since TOAC1 has a full length of almost 2h. I don't see why TOAC1 would be edited to fit in the same disc as RHT, since the length of concert film as itself doesn't give many space for another else.

If those rumours are true, that would be awesome indeed. The two discs could be sold together or separated and hence the reason why i see M releasing them on her b-day. Of course, not only cause it will pass a lot of time after the Women's March incident (since then she's all Esther and Stella, predictably), but also because it's the date when everyone in the media and anywhere else will remember her. Such a perfect day to release them and get the coins from not only us, but also from general public who's forgetting M too much at present.

Naturally we have to wait for that British Madonna Fan Party this month (I think it's close to happen, isn't it?). If they will keep their "promises" on the PR, we'll probably have TOAC1 as the way it will be seen on the DVD/BD, if it'll. And, of course, we might expect the full 2h15 duration of concert film as much as the broadcast on the party is introduced as a "premiere for fans" somehow.

Maybe this is the reason behind the very strange update status statements Dazedmadonna is giving to us? Life is a mystery...

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hearteyes:  :hearteyes:  :hearteyes:  Having the full show will make me so happy, yo!

Or even having just some parts as an extra, as this show was somethig very special and intimate for some lucky fans in Australia I will understand if she don't wanna release it full.

(But we all deserve it  :wink: )

I honestly hope for just some tracks from TOAC, even if I think it's gonna be the whole thing (... jokes included :thinker:); definitely agree about "Between the Bars" and "Mer Girl", the best of the night, I'd be also be happy for "Send in the Clowns", "Intervention", "Borederline" and "Holiday". Said that, I really PRAY for some RHT extra performances like "SECRET", "TAKE A BOW" and "CRAZY FOR YOU"  :heart:

According to my very secret source, the DVD Extras include a 20-minute-long documentary about the meaning behind "Spanish Lesson". Madonna doesn't appear in the documentary, just Guy Oseary talking about the song, but the whole time he's actually discussing La Isla Bonita. It's Oscar worthy. Oh, and all the backdrops from the Virgin Tour.

I have a boner

According to my very secret source, the DVD Extras include a 20-minute-long documentary about the meaning behind "Spanish Lesson". Madonna doesn't appear in the documentary, just Guy Oseary talking about the song, but the whole time he's actually discussing La Isla Bonita. It's Oscar worthy. Oh, and all the backdrops from the Virgin Tour.

Wtf? No it's not.

It's the rehearsal of Candy Shop in a 23 minute loop. Don't feed people false info please.

Guest ArthurBadin

With M, u never know. That's almost the exact "edited-by-nuno-xico-preview" she posted back in October 26 2016, so... maybe she already got a 30 min. doc of it edited by Nuno, just with some performance bits AND ALL THE JOKES, LOL.

See???

@@Frank my beloved Catalonian angel, so by that it means we won't have a double-disc finally by her? Awful decision of hers! I'm very frustrated! I want to get the full TOAC as itself with its full circa 2h length! (Is it possible anyway Madonna UK Party this Saturday will give us any light about the length of TOAC as featured on the DVD? Oh, "life is a mystery" never felt so exact right now...)

Guest ArthurBadin

By the way don't you agree with me @@RebelHeARTPOP this fvcking "pregnant clown" joke is beyond stupid? (It manages to be worst than that another sh*tty "intense clown" one told on TOAC2.) I don't believe she loves that pathetic thing enough to keep it into the bonus feature from RHT DVD but we won't get the full 15 songs on it!!!! Jesus the Alive bite me, spit on me and kick me in the ass if I'm right!!!!! (Anyway we have to wait and see, isn't it?) But Pleroma...

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic