Living For Love - Single Thread

groovyguy

Madonna is on her way to extending her record as the woman with the most top 40 singles in U.K. chart history:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6487409/madonna-71st-top-40-uk-single?utm_source=twitter

Madonna Heading for 71st Top 40 U.K. Single

"Living For Love" is top 40 bound on the Official U.K. Singles Chart. Following her show-closing performance on the Brit Awards (Feb. 25), Madonna is set to debut in the top 40 of the Official U.K. Singles Chart on Sunday (March 1) with "Living For Love." The Official Charts Company reported that it would mark the diva's 71st top 40 hit. It would also extend her record as the woman with the most top 40 singles in U.K. chart history.

"Living For Love" was commercially released the same day as she took the stage on the Brit Awards. On the show, the diva took a nasty tumble after a wardrobe malfunction sent her flying backwards down a set of steps. She recently told talk show host Jonathan Ross that it was a "nightmare" and she suffered a "little bit of whiplash."

As the song was released on Feb. 25, it will debut on the Official U.K. Singles Chart with only three full days of sales (the tracking week ends at midnight on Saturday each week). "Living For Love" is the lead single from Madonna's 13th studio album, Rebel Heart, due out March 9 in the U.K. and March 10 in the U.S.

The Official Charts Company said on Feb. 27 that "Living For Love" is about 1,000 downloads away from the top 20, and nearly 11,000 copies separates the single from the top 10.

Madonna's last U.K. top 40 single came with 2012's "Give Me All Your Luvin'," featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., which peaked at No. 37. Madonna's most recent top 10 single was also her last top 20: "Celebration" in 2009.

Madonna's first U.K. top 40 hit came almost exactly 31 years ago, on the chart dated Jan. 15, 1984, when "Holiday" climbed 53-40 in its second week on the chart.

I do not wish to sound unduly negative or ungrateful - but celebrating a top 20 hit in the UK... yes, it's great that it is securely in top 40 etc but a top 20 to me still sounds a bit underwhelming. I know the current state of charts and single/album releases are that main issue but it's a shame LFL can't (for whatever reason) get comfortably into Top 10 or even Top 5.

I do not wish to sound unduly negative or ungrateful - but celebrating a top 20 hit in the UK... yes, it's great that it is securely in top 40 etc but a top 20 to me still sounds a bit underwhelming. I know the current state of charts and single/album releases are that main issue but it's a shame LFL can't (for whatever reason) get comfortably into Top 10 or even Top 5.

She didn't even charted in the Billboard Hot 100. A Top 20 in UK is something to celebrate.

Poor Guy, he sure didn't ask for so much hatred.While M is in Europe promoting and doing art, he is in the heart of the industry, promoting and doing business.He is not M's nanny !Madonna's Oscars party is a very important Hollywood event, a no press zone on a night with cameras and sneaky ears everywhere else.Artist management is a tricky and demanding job, it relies most of all on trust. These two make a very smart pair to me.I would love to see them interact in everyday life, they've been partners for so long and went through so much.I hope he writes his memoirs one day.[edit] hey! That's my 100th post on this forum! Nice to have found a place to chat with you people. This one goes to Guy O!

He might not deserve hate, but he doesn't deserve praise either. Things are still not going any better than they have for years now. Madonna made an effort with the music but the success of the album seems to rest enterily upon her shoulders as if there's nothing else her team could've done to help things. They can't even update the site with accurate tracklistings.

It's like Madonna is the only one doing work on her project.  Everyone else is letting everything slip through the cracks.  Those typos on the official site drive me crazy, it's so unprofessional and basic proofreading.  For a perfectionist like M, I'm surprised all of these people haven't been fired already.

A lot of things have gone well for fans this era (the dream promo), but it's all Madonna doing all of the work.  For Madonna, everything must be a nightmare, from one disaster happening to the next.  Basically for her, nothing is going right.  Her costume designers from Givenchy to Armani haven't even managed to test their outfits to make sure basic functionality exists and there isn't some disaster during the actual performance.

And the team can't even get the LFL performances uploaded in a timely manner, then next thing you know the Grammys performance is removed from Vevo in all countries except the U.S., and there's STILL no official, correct information about the album versions less than a week before album release date.

It's embarrassing and it's like her team is trying to sabotage her.

Holy cow, I forgot how fans could be picky and seriously out of reality.

"didn't manage to test the outfits" you wrote. Didn't she rehearse a couple of times? Isn't she the one who failed at untying the knot ? Do you really believe that she would go on stage and strangle herself on live television on purpose? THIS WAS A FUCKING WARDROBE MALFUNCTION (a real one, not a Janet-thought-she'd-get-away-with-it-by-saying-it-was-a-wardrobe-malfunction malfunction)

Talk about out of reality, she's said the cape was only finished last minute and it turned out to be too heavy so they had to tie it very tightly.  Which obviously means the PERFORMANCE OUTFIT WAS NOT TESTED.  That's the designer's job, to take these things into consideration.

But go on, believing everything is perfect.  Things could be MUCH better handled by her team all around.  From the incorrect track lists to the websites being out of date, it's like there's no communication within her team.

As for typos and inaccurate information being acceptable, I don't know where you work, but such unprofessionalism isn't tolerated in most fields, much less for an artist as big as Madonna.  She simply deserves better or to hire people who will actually care about doing a good job for her.

As for "Guy O is not responsible is LFL is not in the Top 10 or whatever. Radios decide, music buyers decide, internet users decide.", the team is absolutely not helping fans and music buyers/internet users help her with all of the delays in putting up her performance videos and then taking them down for no reason.

I don't think the reason why the grammy's performance was blocked outside the USA has anything to do with Madge or her manager, videos of other artists have been taken down too (lady gaga, katy perry, Ariana grande). But Beyoncé's video is still there.....I don't know why.

Some guy named Kevin Lee Burns posted this on Youtube talking about LFL:

>"The adds were for week ending February 23. We all were so excited for it's next week and for momentum but it seems that was the best week it had at radio. Oddly, this still feels like a promo song, especially watching it decline on top 40 radio so quickly. Madonna = Amazing yet her management continue to make strange and untimely decisions. So it leaked..so what!! No one knew which songs were singles at that time or for that matter which songs were finished or final. Why rush sales knowing a songs chart success is from SALES and RADIO and STREAMING??!! Sales began 6 weeks before radio impact?! A live performance a month later? and then radio?!Sure the fans snatched it up immediately but six weeks later sales depended on the general public. Horrible timing."

And then he talked about Ghost town - He seems to know what he is talking about ...and he is already giving somber prospects for any chart success for GT as well...
Does anybody have more cheerful chart predictions for the second single? Posted Image

"Next is ghosttown. Let me guess.. Filming and editing for the video will take 7 weeks, even though the single has been available for purchase since Christmas. Radio will get it first with NO video and again we will see a complete lack of timing. I hate to say it but Madonna should hire Taylor's manager. We see a nearly flawless marketing campaign and release schedule with her songs, videos and performances side by side. The very moment one of her songs starts to decline the push comes for the next single. I would gladly have waited patiently for an amazing epic proper single release instead of this mess. Still I LOVE these songs. I guess I was hoping the world could be impacted like it used to be when a new Madonna era begins."

Talk about out of reality, she's said the cape was only finished last minute and it turned out to be too heavy so they had to tie it very tightly.  Which obviously means the PERFORMANCE OUTFIT WAS NOT TESTED.  That's the designer's job, to take these things into consideration.

But go on, believing everything is perfect.  Things could be MUCH better handled by her team all around.  From the incorrect track lists to the websites being out of date, it's like there's no communication within her team.

As for typos and inaccurate information being acceptable, I don't know where you work, but such unprofessionalism isn't tolerated in most fields, much less for an artist as big as Madonna.  She simply deserves better or to hire people who will actually care about doing a good job for her.

As for "Guy O is not responsible is LFL is not in the Top 10 or whatever. Radios decide, music buyers decide, internet users decide.", the team is absolutely not helping fans and music buyers/internet users help her with all of the delays in putting up her performance videos and then taking them down for no reason.

Absolutely right. Madonna herself said they did not test the cape before hand, and she did not rehearse how to take it off. Sure, it was an accident, and it wasn't Guy O's fault, but her team is seriously smoking some real bad shit. :stare: Both performances with wardrobe malfunctions um ok.

And what groovy posted from that user is also absolutely right. There is absolutely NO momentum for the single nor the album. Same thing as with MDNA and its singles. How are the public supposed to know what the hell is going on?? by reading a 20 page thread on a fan forum with people trying to figure out from bits and pieces of info what's going on? :lol: seems practical.

And Madonna said she was hoping to release Living For Love on valentine's day with the album after. Well that's basically what they're doing in the end. Don't give me any "everything was rushed" bull, they're going 99% for the original plan and it sucks. Madonna is doing a giant effort though by going to multiple countries to promote it. I do not blame her for a second.  :hearteyes:  :heart:

I mean, if this is how they were going to handle it, he should've convinced her to wait till February to release the single. We've had the first AND second single for two months now. And they waited a whole month to do the video for LFL because they hadn't planned for it anyway.

Absolutely right. Madonna herself said they did not test the cape before hand, and she did not rehearse how to take it off. Sure, it was an accident, and it wasn't Guy O's fault, but her team is seriously smoking some real bad shit. :stare: Both performances with wardrobe malfunctions um ok.

And what groovy posted from that user is also absolutely right. There is absolutely NO momentum for the single nor the album. Same thing as with MDNA and its singles. How are the public supposed to know what the hell is going on?? by reading a 20 page thread on a fan forum with people trying to figure out from bits and pieces of info what's going on? :lol: seems practical.

And Madonna said she was hoping to release Living For Love on valentine's day with the album after. Well that's basically what they're doing in the end. Don't give me any "everything was rushed" bull, they're going 99% for the original plan and it sucks. Madonna is doing a giant effort though by going to multiple countries to promote it. I do not blame her for a second.  :hearteyes:  :heart:

+1!! and for that Guy O. and her team: there is a thing called guilty by omission...

The fans don't even know what the hell is going on or what to buy.  I'm sad to say I won't be surprised if after all of her hard work, first week sales tank because no one will hit buy without a confirmed tracklist and knowing where to get the best edition.  It seems that most of the best versions aren't even released in the U.S., so more negatives for sales numbers.

As amazing as real promo from her after nearly a decade is, this isn't 2005 anymore. Internet stuff is hugely important to create momentum and hype, but her team is technologically challenged at best. 

Uploading the video to Snapchat REEKS of Oseary and she was called desperate, at least it wasn't as bad as the U2 thing, I actually sort of enjoyed it, but those initial views most probably didn't even count on the charts. :Madonna008:

She doesn't even need to get rid of Guy, but hiring a few people who have a clue to work on her brand would be ideal. People who will make her look effortless and who will seize the moment and be ready to ride the wave before the public get distracted by the next thing. You have to move fast. Currently her people sent out little bleeps out there every 3 weeks and kneel down to pray it will do anything so they can write a lousy press release about it that no one will read  :Madonna032:

kk I got it all outta my chest.  :Madonna030:

Yup, she needs to hire more people who have her and the fans best interest at heart!

It also would've been great to manufacture a limited edition physical single, you know that was actually a gift to the fans, instead of that lousy remixes EP with the bootleg looking cover.  :stare: I'm sure they would've sold thousands!!

After her accident I actually bought the LFL EP on iTunes  :lol: but I'll probably never listen to it. Who really needs club mixes? I think most people on the GP who end up liking the song couldn't care less about some club remixes.  :stare: seems like something to send out to DJs.