Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

Madonna: My record company didn't like splitting my songs for my new album in two categories, "Rebel" and "Heart", so we mixed them all.

I have to agree.  No one would have listened to the Rebel disc at all if they only liked the Heart songs, plus an entire disc full of just Heart songs would just be like adult contemporary Madonna.  I love STR, but I can't remember the last time I listened to an entire disc of just ballads all the way through.  The RH tracklist keeps things interesting.

Sales would also be even worse if the only option was to buy a double album for $22+ or nothing at all.

At Target, they are out of both versions! And they put Sam Smith up to replaceThe electronics department team lead told me that he's never seen such a big name artists album under shipped. Something is going on guysIt's a deliberate sabotage from InterscopeHow the fuck can you be sold out in 2 days?

I have to agree.  No one would have listened to the Rebel disc at all if they only liked the Heart songs, plus an entire disc full of just Heart songs would just be like adult contemporary Madonna.  I love STR, but I can't remember the last time I listened to an entire disc of just ballads all the way through.  The RH tracklist keeps things interesting.

Sales would also be even worse if the only option was to buy a double album for $22+ or nothing at all.

What's wrong with adult contemporary Madonna ? She could have released 2 albums, one for the youngsters, one for the fans... it would have been so interesting to see which one would have sold more...

How the fuck can you be sold out in 2 days?

Obviously when there was nothing to sell to begin with... and oh look, Barnes & Noble online is now back ordered on the super deluxe too for 1-2 weeks.  It seems some of the stores still have physical inventory though.

What's wrong with adult contemporary Madonna ? She could have released 2 albums, one for the youngsters, one for the fans... it would have been so interesting to see which one would have sold more...

Nothing's wrong with adult contemporary Madonna, but I personally find an entire album of slow songs extremely tedious to listen to.  There's no faster way to kill a career.  No, she couldn't have released 2 SEPARATE albums.  Interscope wouldn't have let her get out of her contract like that, which is already likely why they had to cut 2 original songs to get down under 100 minutes of original song length for the 2 CD super deluxe.  That's what she means by she ran out of space.

Besides, Madonna's vision was always that one can be both a rebel and have a heart, so mixing up the tracks makes much more sense, artistically.

I know, but a lot of critics say she's not focusing on her fans and she's giving too much attention to the younger audience... She can do a billions of BIM, but radios won't play her anyway and teenagers are not falling in love with her anyway, cos they don't know the story and the history of Madonna, they are fine with all those Arianas or whatever...

I know, but a lot of critics say she's not focusing on her fans and she's giving too much attention to the younger audience... She can do a billions of BIM, but radios won't play her anyway and teenagers are not falling in love with her anyway, cos they don't know the story and the history of Madonna, they are fine with all those Arianas or whatever...

Honestly, the critics are going to complain regardless.  In fact, if all of the Rebel tracks were put together, they wouldn't even listen to it or would shred her even more than they did.  They just don't like the Rebel tracks, period.  Most critics' complaints have nothing to do with the tracklist and everything to do with the content, if they're even reviewing the music at all and not Madonna's image and age.

As to whether teenagers fall in love with her or not, I really don't think that's her focus.  She's making the music she wants to that's fun, regardless of what people think of it.  Teenagers can't afford to see her shows anyway, for the most part, and that's where the money is.

I think the lack of credits could depend on label, too... If they would have pronted a proper booklet, they would have to print a booklet for:

standard

deluxe

super deluxe

standard media mrkt DE + AT

deluxe media mrkt DE + AT

standard Media world IT + ES

deluxe Media world IT + ES

Fnac

standard Japan

deluxe japan

al least 9 different booklets ! Nine !

Easy way ? No credits at all. Look at the website... :1f614: :1f614: :1f614:

Honestly, the critics are going to complain regardless.  In fact, if all of the Rebel tracks were put together, they wouldn't even listen to it or would shred her even more than they did.  They just don't like the Rebel tracks, period.  Most critics' complaints have nothing to do with the tracklist and everything to do with the content, if they're even reviewing the music at all and not Madonna's image and age.

As to whether teenagers fall in love with her or not, I really don't think that's her focus.  She's making the music she wants to that's fun, regardless of what people think of it.  Teenagers can't afford to see her shows anyway, for the most part, and that's where the money is.

Some tracks sound a lot like she's trying to please a younger audience... it's so plain to hear... listen to MDNA & HC, too..

The sticker does tell you to look at the website... but seeing how the tracklist is still incorrect on madonna.com, I'm thinking that's not a Live Nation priority.  :Madonna003:

The sticker does tell you to look at the website... but seeing how the tracklist is still incorrect on madonna.com, I'm thinking that's not a Live Nation priority.  :Madonna003:

I'm looking at the website now... do I really have to register to access album contents ? Register ??? :stare: :stare: :stare:

Some tracks sound a lot like she's trying to please a younger audience... it's so plain to hear... listen to MDNA & HC, too..

We hear this complaint over and over, but I think honestly some fans grew out of Madonna than the other way around.  Just because some people only like serious and mature songs doesn't mean that Madonna wants to never make fun songs again.  ROL and that whole era where she was married was the unusual period where she said she felt artistically repressed, even though some seem to think that's the "real Madonna".  People change over time.

I'm looking at the website now... do I really have to register to access album contents ? Register ??? :stare: :stare: :stare:

No, but the credits aren't there yet anyway, so you're not missing anything.

frankly I think shes pandering more to the older fans with songs like veni vidi vici and the mature songs, but thats probably also incorrect. Shes just making the music she wants to make.

frankly I think shes pandering more to the older fans with songs like veni vidi vici and the mature songs, but thats probably also incorrect. Shes just making the music she wants to make.

Sis, you did not just diss Veni Vidi Vici.  :kitty:

As a fan, I love that her music is so diverse though.  I love it when an artist I love has an extensive discography and variety in styles, because even if I love an artist or their voice, I like to hear different things.  At least she's not doing the same thing over and over and over.  That's why some artists' careers are basically over, because it's all been heard before.  Sometimes I'm in the mood for different types of songs, and Madonna always has something to satisfy me.

I didn't diss it  :tongue: im just saying, 99.999% of those references in the song are before my time so I don't get nostalgic at all.... i rather listen to something else, something new like Bitch, i'm Madonna which I really love because its amazing.

They're before my time too, but I still appreciate them for the history they provide.  It's like her way of educating the younger generation... a rap and celebratory version of Bitch, I'm Madonna.  :tongue:  Those Holiday horns are epic, and Holiday is one of my favorite songs of all time live from her.  There's really nothing like it.

They're before my time too, but I still appreciate them for the history they provide.  It's like her way of educating the younger generation... a rap and celebratory version of Bitch, I'm Madonna.  :tongue:  Those Holiday horns are epic, and Holiday is one of my favorite songs of all time live from her.  There's really nothing like it.

Holiday horns?

I can't get over the fact she didn't reference COADF. Maybe that's why I don't like it that much.  :Madonna029: