Madonna Tours rumors/outtakes/plans etc.

rebelheartgermany

• 3 months later...
On 10/9/2018 at 1:20 PM, Msig said:

No, that was just a rumour.

According to Mike McKnight, the Headcleanr Rock Mix of "Love Profusion" was originally rehearsed as part of the second section of the Re-Invention Tour, following "Burning Up". Its place in the setlist was eventually taken by "Material Girl".

Once the tour had started, the band tried to convince Madonna to replace "Nothing Fails" with an acoustic version of "Love Profusion" for the European leg. However, according to MadonnaTribe, Madonna herself never actually rehearsed that version of the song.

This is probably right, if you see the lisbon concert leaked, just after material girl and before Hollywood you can hear a snippet, the beginning or the ending, of the headcleaner remix of Love Profusion. : ) 

• 1 year later...

Hi all! I just read all the information, I never thought that there was a lot of it going around there! 

Is it true that she had plans to visit Mexico with the confessions tour? Or do you guys know why she didn’t include Mexico (or Latin America in general) in the follow tours like DWT/ RIT / CT ? 

Also, I read in some site that the Girlie Show was going to be filmed in Mexico, although I don’t think this is true. 

And last but not least, there was a site called “Pollestar” that actually confirmed a date for the S&S Tour in 2008 (December 3rd) in Monterrey, Mexico, but it was removed from the itinerary right away:

https://www.elsiglodetorreon.com.mx/noticia/2008/estara-madonna-en-monterrey.html

IMG_7058.jpeg

On 10/9/2018 at 3:20 PM, Msig said:

No, that was just a rumour.

According to Mike McKnight, the Headcleanr Rock Mix of "Love Profusion" was originally rehearsed as part of the second section of the Re-Invention Tour, following "Burning Up". Its place in the setlist was eventually taken by "Material Girl".

Once the tour had started, the band tried to convince Madonna to replace "Nothing Fails" with an acoustic version of "Love Profusion" for the European leg. However, according to MadonnaTribe, Madonna herself never actually rehearsed that version of the song.

Sorry I recall very well McKnight's setlist.

This was the very original early war section as it follows song by song:

"American Life" (Headcleanr Rock Mix)

"Love Profusion" (Headcleanr Rock Mix)

"Burning Up"

"I'm So Stupid"

"Express Yourself" was meant to close the corset section, following "Swim" (this later replaced by "Frozen").

"I'm So Stupid" was always the song chosen to end war section, given "Dress You Up" was originally on vaudeville section, later replaced by "Die Another Day" (which originally was the very last encore act). After removed from vaudeville section (alongside with "The Devil Wouldn't Recognize You," - replaced with "Deeper and Deeper" - and "Take a Bow," - replaced with "Lament"), "Dress You Up" took the place of "I'm So Stupid" at war section, but later on got ultimately replaced by "Material Girl."

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

I can't find an article to confirm this, but I recall that on the RHT, Burning Up was actually going to be Addicted but her or her camp didn't want the whole first section to be new songs.

Wow I always thought BU replaced the mash-up to Justify My Love and Whole Lotta Love that surfaced on YT months prior to tour and everybody thought she was actually rehearsing it as suggested by some post of her on Instagram.

1 hour ago, Anapausis said:

Wow I always thought BU replaced the mash-up to Justify My Love and Whole Lotta Love that surfaced on YT months prior to tour and everybody thought she was actually rehearsing it as suggested by some post of her on Instagram.

It could've been Justify My Love replaced Addicted which was then replaced by Burning Up. I just recall there was a statement from someone that Addicted was going to be in that place early on, not sure how early on

• 3 months later...
On 9/15/2023 at 8:41 PM, dankpepe said:

It could've been Justify My Love replaced Addicted which was then replaced by Burning Up. I just recall there was a statement from someone that Addicted was going to be in that place early on, not sure how early on

Aldo, interesting to point out that, although being a good song, Addicted would add absolutely nothing to tour concert as I really believe a Super Deluxe RH song would give a wtf reaction to GP attendees. At least Burning Up symbolizes her first "Bitch I'm Madonna" ever moment to her career, as I told previously on Infinity. Plus it was a hit in Australia (many thanx to Molly Meldrum) and with RHT she'd never lose an opportunity to cavort on the "evermore failed tour itinerary country."

On 6/14/2021 at 4:07 PM, Certified Fuck Up said:

Cant be as Candy Store wasn't recorded till 2007 it was actually "The Devil Wouldn't Recognize You". 

@Shoful at least knows that Candy Perfume Girl was actually rehearsed as the first guitar act to S&ST but thanks to the Powers that Be M realized that Human Nature was really there needing that spot.

• 2 months later...

Just so we have record of this for the future. These were the rumors / outtakes / changes for the Celebration Tour:

• 4 Minutes, Candy Shop, Back That Up to the Beat, and Music were rehearsed as one section but scrapped after Madonna's illness due to the intense choreography. Supposedly there was a dance battle between her and the dancers somewhere in here.
  • Ghosttown (with David) and Hold Tight were rehearsed for the country section. Hold Tight would've replaced DCFMA.
  • The Power of Goodbye was originally going to be the final song.
  • Frozen was supposed to be where Rain is now (this was done on some nights)
  • Sorry and Oh Father were rehearsed. Allegedly these would've been in the 90s section.
  • Papa Don't Preach was rehearsed to have some singing parts and not just the instrumental choreography
  • Celebration was rehearsed as the opening number with Nothing Really Matters as song #2
  • Madonna's team suggested she make Nothing Really Matters as the final song but that never was rehearsed just suggested
  • Bitch I'm Madonna was supposed to feature Madonna holding a cross on stage and a black veil

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

Huh

Huh???

DazedMadonna on here and someone on PopJustice confirmed those rumors. Instead of wearing a white veil she was to wear a black one and hold some sort of cross as a prop but I guess that was nixed. Early on, Celebration was considered to be the opening number but the setlist evolved in the Spring and then evolved even more at the end of Summer.

7 hours ago, dankpepe said:

DazedMadonna on here and someone on PopJustice confirmed those rumors. Instead of wearing a white veil she was to wear a black one and hold some sort of cross as a prop but I guess that was nixed. Early on, Celebration was considered to be the opening number but the setlist evolved in the Spring and then evolved even more at the end of Summer.

Huh?!?

On 2/27/2024 at 8:07 PM, OHDaddy said:

I pretty sure I remember that “Nothing Really Matters” was supposed to be the 2nd song in RIT and not “Nobody Knows Me”.

I doubt it, Madonna likes to get to brand new material as soon as possible, after opening with an old hit, I doubt she'd pick another "older" song as the second number....

Why doubt it? I have no idea what M is influenced by when deciding the setlist, but I’m sure it has something to with telling a story and making cohesive. The NRM RIT discussion is out there in the googlevers. 

Screen Shot 2024-03-04 at 3.56.52 PM.png