Remix Album`

RUADJAI

I say we get all Madonna fans to get together and petition an official remix album during this off season while she focuses on the twins and a film. Remixes from proper remixers and artists like:

Hot Chip

Royksopp

Goldfrapp

SoulWax

Tiga

Caribou

Fernando Garibay

Mirwais

Daft Punk

SBTRKT

Diplo

Simian Mobile Disco

Matthew Herbert

RÃœFÃœS DU SOL

And track list includes songs like:

Thief of Hearts

Candy Shop (To appease her)

Deeper & Deeper

Future Lovers

Iconic

Vogue

Skin

Die Another Day

Living for Love

Get Together

Nobody Knows Me

Erotica

Express Yourself

Bedtime Story

Turn Up the Radio

Heartbeat

Ray of Light

Causing a Commotion

Everybody

Holiday

What It Feels Like for a Girl

Veni Vidi Vici

A girl can dream.......    :kitty:

Thief of Hearts is just to get her attention. Cuz it would be pretty random if it would all the sudden be number 1 on iTunes. She'd have to find out why. And then she'd find us whining for stuff on the internet. And I worked really hard and my dream came true.

what is this craziness about thief of hearts. a mediocre song, at best.

would like a good remix album though. proper remixes. not just a replaceable housebeat underneath it all.

Thief of Hearts is just to get her attention. Cuz it would be pretty random if it would all the sudden be number 1 on iTunes. She'd have to find out why. And then she'd find us whining for stuff on the internet. And I worked really hard and my dream came true.

:Madonna009:

ok. i respect your dream.

but can we go on with that scenario for a bit:

and then thief of hearts would be some kind of hit and she would perhaps play it live or it would be played as one of her hits and so on.

sorry, i don't think the song is good enough for that. (one of the songs i ALWAYS have to skip.)

i would rather have her write new good songs. 

Madonna singing Thief of Hearts would be AMAZING!!!!   As long as it stayed the bpm it was recorded in........ :Madonna032:

:Madonna009:

ok. i respect your dream.

but can we go on with that scenario for a bit:

and then thief of hearts would be some kind of hit and she would perhaps play it live or it would be played as one of her hits and so on.

sorry, i don't think the song is good enough for that. (one of the songs i ALWAYS have to skip.)

i would rather have her write new good songs. 

guys we have lots of master tapes! actually I don't remix myself - but the last remixes released on new years eve were just as cool as if they were official. IMO we could get something unreleased like 'Ballade de Melody Nelson' the Serge Gainsbourg cover recorded with Mirwais and discarded from *Music* - and face the fact that it will take a looooong time till we listen something new. why don't you guys start a remixing all star race? 

Guest ArthurBadin

I say we get all Madonna fans to get together and petition an official remix album during this off season while she focuses on the twins and a film. Remixes from proper remixers and artists like:

Hot Chip

Royksopp

Goldfrapp

SoulWax

Tiga

Caribou

Fernando Garibay

Mirwais

Daft Punk

SBTRKT

Diplo

Simian Mobile Disco

Matthew Herbert

RÃœFÃœS DU SOL

And track list includes songs like:

Thief of Hearts

Candy Shop (To appease her)

Deeper & Deeper

Future Lovers

Iconic

Vogue

Skin

Die Another Day

Living for Love

Get Together

Nobody Knows Me

Erotica

Express Yourself

Bedtime Story

Turn Up the Radio

Heartbeat

Ray of Light

Causing a Commotion

Everybody

Holiday

What It Feels Like for a Girl

Veni Vidi Vici

A girl can dream.......    :kitty:

Good luck with Warner and even with Interscope.

After all those years I don't put my hopes in any project Warner could have with their old and vast Madonna catalogue, let alone a mixed Warner-Interscope project.

Of course a girl can dream, and we, as veteran fans, have been dreaming more than doing another thing, but it's more likely we get in the end another fighting among Madonna collectors and them leaking ordinary files they have (by "ordinary" I wouldn't call Warning Signs or the original 2003 The Devil Wouldn't Recognize You demo for Hello Suckers, sorry) in this sabbatic Madonna period we face now (just like we got back in 2011 with the massive LeakGate when we got almost a full LP of discarded demos).

I was expecting anything good when Madonna left Warner, but, with those several "boxes for collectors" Rhino has been releasing since 2012, I've got completely frustrated. And I don't think limited re-issues of vinyls (again thanks to Rhino) are better than those boxes.

It seems we will wait for her death to see real new and interesting material to be released by Warner.

Hope to be wrong, but chances for us to be delighted with re-issues with bonus material and even releases of demo albums (or, better calling, re-issues of albums packed with the original demos instead of finalized songs, just like happened with Maroon 5's "Songs About Jane") are very low, especially with that alleged mentality of hers of "never looking back", cause "it's a waste of time". Oh God, as her last 2 albums weren't too retrospective of her career (in a bad way, by the way).

I guess she thinks her art is sacred to the point of not being touched with "strange intrusions" or something like this. I do believe her inheritors (and former labels) will think very different after she gets unable to control her career.

Guest ArthurBadin

thief of heart should have ben a singel ! with alot of remixes 

its one of the best songs of erotica , never understand why she took bye bye baby and fever before thief of hearts 

I would prefer Waiting instead, but of course it's a question of taste (and I'd love to get Shame and Goodby to Innocence (Straight Pass) as B-sides).

Definitely not opposed to it. I would like to see a remix album with a variety of genres. I think a lot of the tracks from the 80s would sound great as a house remix (ex. EDX, Vicetone, Norman Doray, Bolier would be some decent remixer options). Something from Erotica/Bedtime Stories, I think, would sound good as a jackin' house remix (ex. Malaa, Tchami, Chris Lorenzo, My Nu Leng). Ray of Light and Music would sound amazing with more trance remixes, since the Above & Beyond remix of What It Feels Like For A Girl turned out incredible (ex. Armin van Buuren, Gareth Emery, Ben Gold, Jason Ross). Any of the later albums would sound good with electro house (ex. JOYRYDE, Dada Life, Dyro) and big room (ex. Blasterjaxx, Maurice West, W&W, KSHMR). I think Rebel Heart and MDNA would also sound good with trap/dubstep remixes (ex. Skrillex, NGHTMRE, Knife Party, Kill The Noise). Of course, this is a dream of mine lol, but it would be awesome if we got something like this :)