groovyguy

Many 20 something male footballers fake fall onto soft grass, roll around in 'agony' and get carried off on a stretcher. 56 year old female singer gets unexpectedly dragged backwards down hard stairs- gets back up and performs an amazing song and dance routine. Remember this next time someone tries to give you the ageist/sexism bullcrap ;)

Love that!! Love it!!

So many years on stage she has been a professional, I can't imagine what would have happened if we had been in her position.

Notice how she's been nervous and anxious every time she's about to perform on stage. She admitted that she's always nervous and insecure at the beginning of the show.

But by doing what she's had been doing, Madonna proves she has nerves and body of steel. That's why she's the Queen :-)

http://www.newstatesman.com/culture/2015/02/brits-are-so-polite-these-days-one-reason-there-s-no-bands-left

Tracy Thorn from Everything but the Girl!!!!

In short, nothing happens. Almost nothing. With my Mum-face on I think that Paloma Faith holding a microphone in the pouring rain is a health and safety nightmare, but it turns out that the accident waiting to happen is an unforeseen one, involving stairs, a cape and a dancing bull. Madonna falls over, giving the evening its longed-for news angle. Seated only yards from the stage I hear the crash as she goes down, most shocking of all being the heavy ker-THUMP of her mic hitting the floor. Golly, I think, that mic’s actually on. Not a given nowadays – and quite a thrill.

What is most remarkable though, and confirms everything I’ve ever thought about the indestructible will-to-power of Stars, is her recovery. Have you ever fallen flat on your back? I have once, on the slippery decking outside my back door, and on landing whiplashed and winded did what you would do, and burst into tears of self-pity. Which is why I’m not a global superstar with a decades-spanning career, and neither are you.

I dont think its being aired tonight, its being taped tonight but shown in march

Ok thank you. I thought there could be an audience in the studio during the taping, you know, just to have some infos before the airing. Especially about how she looks after what happened last night, her mood... and of course wich songs she choose for the performance.

Ok thank you. I thought there could be an audience in the studio during the taping, you know, just to have some infos before the airing. Especially about how she looks after what happened last night, her mood... and of course wich songs she choose for the performance.

we might get some info but no pics or video i guess

From the Daily Mirror, UK:

Madonna has revealed how she has whiplash after her Brits fall and described her own performance as "a nightmare".

Appearing on the Jonathan Ross Show, Madonna said: "I'm a creature of habit I rehearse everything, everything, everything.

"I was thrown a wrench at the beginning of the performance. I was told to tie my cape and start much further back and I had to walk further and everyone was worried my cape was slide off so they tied it really tight around my neck.

"So here I am marching in like the queen, I got to the top of the stairs and I pulled the silky string and it wouldn't come undone. "My two lovely Japanese dancers they basically strangled me off the stage. I had two choices, I could either be strangled or fall, and

chose to fall."

Wossy then tried to show a clip of the incident at the Brits, but Madonna said: "I don't want to see it, don't make me watch."She added: "It was a nightmare, I like to be amazing, I rehearse and rehearse so when I do a show it is effortless and I create magic. I did the opposite, I actually created a horror show for everyone."

Wossy then asked if it was a stunt and she shook her head.

She added: "I'm never writing lyrics like that again the universe was trying to teach me a lesson.

"I didn't hurt my butt but I hurt my head.

"I know how to fall, I have fallen off my horse many times.

"I had little bit of whiplash, I smacked the back of my head. And I had a man standing over me with a flashlight until about 3am to makesure I was compos mentis.

"I am always nervous of live TV, when you singing you can't make any mistakes, the worst thing is you fall down stairs.

"I like to make my shows dangerous but then there is danger."

Asked about the cape, she added: "No more capes, cape fear is over."