The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

4 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I'm here for a dramatic retelling of the moment Basquiat made Madonna return all the paintings he gave to her after they broke up, before wiping them out with black paint

That's such an interesting story and moment in pop culture especially because now a days she gets accused of cultural appropriation by online SJWs but in reality she was very much a part of all the scenes that they fight to get acknowledged. I hope its in it along with Tupac.

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

That's such an interesting story and moment in pop culture especially because now a days she gets accused of cultural appropriation by online SJWs but in reality she was very much a part of all the scenes that they fight to get acknowledged. I hope its in it along with Tupac.

Can you elaborate, please? Dating a black person gives someone credit for black culture? Dating Basquiat was what exactly...? Fighting for the black community? What about the other cultures that Madonna was not a part of? Let's not get crazy here with the credits.

2 hours ago, androiduser said:

Can you elaborate, please? Dating a black person gives someone credit for black culture? Dating Basquiat was what exactly...? Fighting for the black community? What about the other cultures that Madonna was not a part of? Let's not get crazy here with the credits.

Meaning for example when the letter with Tupac came out you had articles thanking Tupac for not dating a white woman. There was also a program on Bravo a few years back with young SJWs basically saying because of Madonna it became a basic (they did the strike a pose motion) for white people etc. And absolutely Madonna has fought for POC. Did you forget the video for LAP? Did you forget all her work in Malawi? Did you forget how because of her Frida got more spotlight on her work in the 80s? Damn like seriously.

On 2/20/2022 at 8:20 AM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I'm here for a dramatic retelling of the moment Basquiat made Madonna return all the paintings he gave to her after they broke up, before wiping them out with black paint

I'm here for this scene too!

On 2/20/2022 at 1:00 PM, Alpha said:

In an Instagram video last January, Madonna said "M and Basquiat make love" so that obviously indicates a sex scene unless it's been cut from the final version of the script, but I can see her keeping in the film just because she knows there is curiosity about their relationship. I saw some scene in his loft on her storyboard of Post-it notes.

Here's the video: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CKSDWTXBo1v/?hl=en

I feel like there will be a scene where she wakes up in the middle of the night and finds Basquiat painting. That's a story she has told about being amazed that he worked whenever he felt moved. I think it's important for her to include her relationship with Basquiat and she clearly agrees. The whole downtown art and club scene with her, Basquiat, and Keith Haring could be a movie in itself. A lot of people don't realize that she has been a patron of the arts for decades. That was one of the reasons I made the thread Madonna Immortalized in Art.

I don't think her relationship with Tupac is significant enough to mention in the film. She wasn't even mentioned in his biopic and they never spoke of having a relationship while he was alive. They were photographed together at one event. To my understanding, they were just hanging out while they were recording songs for her album. Madonna and Tupac were both very promiscuous so I'm sure they probably did sleep together at least once, but you don't hear her say she was in love with him like she does talking about Basquiat. Tupac never even claimed Madonna as a girlfriend. I've read many interviews of his and when he was asked about Madonna he always said she was a friend. Even in the prison letter that some claim is a love letter he apologizes for not being a good friend. He was dating another woman around that time who he was briefly married to in 1995.

I hope she doesn't mention any of her 90s flings. Vanilla Ice, Dennis Rodman, Peter Shue and Jose Canseco (who claims he rejected her advances) in particular love talking about her but she doesn't pay them dust. I can already see a few of them being pressed and doing interviews about being left out of the film. In 2020, Vanilla Ice announced his own biopic starring James Franco. I haven't heard any updates since but if his biopic is ever made, I'm sure he'll include Madonna in it. I remember Madonna was in Dennis Rodman's horrible made-for-TV movie based on his book. He has an entire chapter (+30 pages) dedicated to his relationship with Madonna in his book. It's mostly about their sex life and him reiterating that he didn't care too much about her or her fame... but he took up her offer to try and impregnate her. Thank goodness they didn't procreate.

50 minutes ago, Vogue Italia said:

I'm here for this scene too!

In an Instagram video last January, Madonna said "M and Basquiat make love" so that obviously indicates a sex scene unless it's been cut from the final version of the script, but I can see her keeping in the film just because she knows there is curiosity about their relationship. I saw some scene in his loft on her storyboard of Post-it notes.

Here's the video: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CKSDWTXBo1v/?hl=en

I feel like there will be a scene where she wakes up in the middle of the night and finds Basquiat painting. That's a story she has told about being amazed that he worked whenever he felt moved. I think it's important for her to include her relationship with Basquiat and she clearly agrees. The whole downtown art and club scene with her, Basquiat, and Keith Haring could be a movie in itself. A lot of people don't realize that she has been a patron of the arts for decades. That was one of the reasons I made the thread Madonna Immortalized in Art.

I don't think her relationship with Tupac is significant enough to mention in the film. She wasn't even mentioned in his biopic and they never spoke of having a relationship while he was alive. They were photographed together at one event. To my understanding, they were just hanging out while they were recording songs for her album. Madonna and Tupac were both very promiscuous so I'm sure they probably did sleep together at least once, but you don't hear her say she was in love with him like she does talking about Basquiat. Tupac never even claimed Madonna as a girlfriend. I've read many interviews of his and when he was asked about Madonna he always said she was a friend. Even in the prison letter that some claim is a love letter he apologizes for not being a good friend. He was dating another woman around that time who he briefly married in 1995.

I hope she doesn't mention any of her 90s flings. Vanilla Ice, Dennis Rodman, Peter Shue and Jose Canseco (who claims he rejected her advances) in particular love talking about her but she doesn't pay them dust. I can already see a few of them being pressed and doing interviews about being left out of the film. In 2020, Vanilla Ice announced his own biopic starring James Franco. I haven't heard any updates since but if his biopic is ever made, I'm sure he'll include Madonna in it. I remember Madonna was in Dennis Rodman's horrible made-for-TV movie based on his book. He has an entire chapter (+30 pages) dedicated to his relationship with Madonna in his book. It's mostly about their sex life and him reiterating that he didn't care too much about her or her fame... but he took up her offer to try and impregnate her. Thank goodness they didn't procreate.

She actually WAS portrayed in the Tupac movie but her scenes were mysteriously cut. I'm gonna assume because they didnt want his legacy to be immortalized with a pop star.

6 hours ago, Alpha said:

She actually WAS portrayed in the Tupac movie but her scenes were mysteriously cut. I'm gonna assume because they didnt want his legacy to be immortalized with a pop star.

The fact is that the scene(s) with Madonna didn't make the final cut. I assume the producers concluded that she is not important to his story. Including her in the movie would have just been for clout. I've read many books about Tupac, Madonna is rarely mentioned. If she is, it's in passing just to emphasize how his fame had grown and he was socializing in elite circles. The songs they recorded were not even officially released. Madonna's label didn't want her associated with him when he was alive. I assume they felt was just a trouble-making rapper. He was facing multiple lawsuits for various incidents and was convicted of sexual assault in 1994 (he maintained his innocence and was appealing the conviction at the time of his death). Also, you have to remember that Madonna made a joke about rehabilitating rappers and basketball players on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno in 1994. Every few months she was connected to a new Black celebrity and it was coming across as a White Savior complex. Tupac was feeling conflicted hanging around her because of what he represented and preached to the Black community. Tupac apologized for that in the letter he wrote to Madonna and in his 1995 Vibe magazine interview: Revisit Tupac’s April 1995 Cover Story: ‘READY TO LIVE’

I don't know all the years Madonna wants to cover in her film but she has 2 hours to fit it all in. She has talked about wanting to include her childhood and we know she has written about filming Evita in the screenplay so that's already 3-4 decades. Compared to all the relationships she's had and the important milestones to cover in her career, chilling and recording unreleased songs with Tupac is very minuscule. If this were a miniseries I could understand Tupac being portrayed in the episode about her wild and controversial 1992 -1995 period. Heck, you can throw in Vanilla Ice, Ingrid Casares (I think she'll be in the film but not their rumored lesbian affair), Brian Shaw, Jenny Shimizu, Brian Shaw, Charles Barkely, Peter Shue, Haitian Jack, Dennis Rodman, and DeVante Swing too if that's the case. 

1 hour ago, Vogue Italia said:

Every few months she was connected to a new Black celebrity and it was coming across as a White Saviour complex.

That was definitely not the narrative at the time. She liked big dicks was the narrative. She was a slut and a whore. As was implied frequently on tv and radio. The ridiculous "white saviour" characterisation only came when she adopted David to a grossly unfair global media condescension. 

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

That was definitely not the narrative at the time. She liked big dicks was the narrative. She was a slut and a whore. As was implied frequently on tv and radio. The ridiculous "white saviour" characterisation only came when she adopted David to a grossly unfair global media condescension. 

That was the narrative in the media, but I'm talking about how Tupac felt when she made the joke about rehabilitating rappers and basketball players. He was the son of Black Panther Party members, so his perception of race was more militant. 

In the letter to Madonna dated January 15, 1995, he wrote:  "An interview where you said ‘I’m off to rehabilitate all the rappers & basketball players’ or something to that effect those words cut me deep seeing how I had never known you to be with any rappers besides myself. It was at this moment out of hurt & and natural instinct to strike back and defend my heart & ego that I said a lot of things."

In his April 1995 Vibe cover story, he was asked about his relationship with Madonna and he said: "I was letting people dictate who should be my friends. I felt like because I was this big Black Panther type of n*gga, I couldn’t be friends with Madonna. And so I dissed her, even though she showed me nothing but love. I felt bad, because when I went to jail, I called her and she was the only person that was willing to help me. Of that stature. Same thing with Mickey Rourke—he just befriended me. Not like black and white, just like friend to friend. And from now on, it’s not going to be a strictly black thing with me. I even apologized to Quincy Jones for all the stuff I said about him and his wives."

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

Funnily enough, the storyline of the Like a Prayer video also has the white saviour element

Yeah fuck LAP. People in power should never be allies...amirite? Ugh i really hated how she also really supported us gays and people with AIDS and HIV. As a cis white woman she should just stick to the hair salon and being a wife.

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

hey, maybe she can marry a homophobe again! talk the talk, walk the walk.

Yup! I mean it's beyond obvious the past 40 years of her activism for us gays have been absolutely MEANINGLESS! Wouldn't doubt she only spoke out for those suffering of AIDS and HIV for ATTENTION! Ugh i can't even look at her anymore!

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yup! I mean it's beyond obvious the past 40 years of her activism for us gays have been absolutely MEANINGLESS! Wouldn't doubt she only spoke out for those suffering of AIDS and HIV for ATTENTION! Ugh i can't even look at her anymore!

why are you so NEGATIVE and HATEFUL??? Marrying TWO homophobes is perfectly acceptable,  EVERY ally should do so.

2 minutes ago, androiduser said:

why are you so NEGATIVE and HATEFUL??? Marrying TWO homophobes is perfectly acceptable,  EVERY ally should do so.

Yup! Fuck nuances and fuck love and fuck divorce and past actions. Thank goodness we have FANS like YOU who arent sheep! We need more fans like you who will be brave enough to criticize her past marriages and will be brave enough to denigrate her art and activism!!!

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yup! Fuck nuances and fuck love and fuck divorce and past actions. Thank goodness we have FANS like YOU who arent sheep! We need more fans like you who will be brave enough to criticize her past marriages and will be brave enough to denigrate her art and activism!!!

I can't WAIT to fall in love with a homophobe, it's on the top of my list of qualities I am looking for in a partner.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic