The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Well that is probably because the Madonna biopic was announced very early, before the thing was even written.

I don't think so because there's proof that she had been working on it at least a month before the official announcement. M did an Instagram Live with Diablo in September 2020 shortly after the film was announced and they were already well into the script. She was at the point of talking about her experience filming Evita. In October 2020, she said the script was almost done and 133 pages. In April 2021, it was reported that M and Diablo turned in a finished, final draft of the script. In November 2021, M said she was casting. By now we should at least know who has the starring role.

The Basquiat biopic was just announced last month and there is already a title name and a website. The script hasn't been completed. From the press release it sound like they're just starting to write it now. It's slated to go into production this fall. A few months ago my Pascal said M's biopic will be filmed this year. I'm hoping in the next month we get some news on the casting and an active film title.

38 minutes ago, Vogue Italia said:

I don't think so because there's proof that she had been working on it at least a month before the official announcement. M did an Instagram Live with Diablo in September 2020 shortly after the film was announced and they were already well into the script. She was at the point of talking about her experience filming Evita. In October 2020, she said the script was almost done and 133 pages. In April 2021, it was reported that M and Diablo turned in a finished, final draft of the script. In November 2021, M said she was casting. By now we should at least know who has the starring role.

The Basquiat biopic was just announced last month and there is already a title name and a website. The script hasn't been completed. From the press release it sound like they're just starting to write it now. It's slated to go into production this fall. A few months ago my Pascal said M's biopic will be filmed this year. I'm hoping in the next month we get some news on the casting and an active film title.

I'm thinking that they're just playing stupid because in a previous post i mentioned...Universal was home of the original Blond Ambition script slated to be directed by Ratner. She gave them shit so that's when they brought her in. Her and Amy have had a previous working relationship. I would assume they would have given her the control they did conditionally. A big studio is not gonna have a big ass press release unless they have guidelines. Whether or not Madonna cares about awards such as an Oscar can be debated but Universal is definitely gonna do all it can for awards so we will see what happens.

2 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Agreed. Also they could still do a series 10-15 years down the line. One doesn’t exclude the other.

Series could be a good idea if it is added on Neftlix with only 2-3 episodes and good directing + promo.

If they make a film and find a good director, maybe they can get Oscar nominations too and boost even more the popularity. Idk if with Neftix they can do it. But i'm sure none of this will happen.

1 hour ago, Régine Filange said:

A film will help her go viral more easily. Series will get the attention mostly of fans and not many others

I think it's the opposite, unless it's an absolute sensation, I think mostly fans will be interested in the movie, and the general public would be more interested in a TV series mostly because it takes less effort to take a look at the first episode for your own home, at any time.

1 hour ago, Régine Filange said:

Series could be a good idea if it is added on Neftlix with only 2-3 episodes and good directing + promo.

If they make a film and find a good director, maybe they can get Oscar nominations too and boost even more the popularity. Idk if with Neftix they can do it. But i'm sure none of this will happen.

They could do a marvel universe, but with 80s and 90s divas. :P

22 hours ago, Ccgen said:

I understand what you're saying but even taking into account the global pandemic and the Oscar nominations... I can't see these numbers as anything other than flop:

King Richard
Budget: 50M
Box Office: 33.4M

Respect
Budget: 55M
Box Office: 31.8M

Spencer
Budget: 18M
Box Office: 19.9M

I know that Madonna is not a big-grossing movie star and expectations are low but those numbers are disastrous, if her box office is going to be something like that, I prefer the biopic to remain in an eternal "soon" phase...

I have more faith in this project and the fanbase. M still gets to #1 for her first week albums sales. If her fans support the film I believe it can be a success at the box office. I don't know if it will box office smash, but I think it'll at least make a profit. Despite her public perception now, M is still a legend and will forever maintain superstar status. Some of the general public will be interested even if it's for the sake of nostalgia. The casting plays a big part too, there will be fans of the individual actors who will want to see this film.

I didn't even realize the sales for King Richard were that low, but I bet if the film wins a few of those 5 Oscar nominations no one will be talking about the box office numbers or it'll at least be an after thought.

9 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

She's got her whole band together jamming out to something.... You think they're recreating music moments for the film? 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaBNxgSKmn5/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Maybe they’re part of the audition. The actresses are supposed to sing along to the band to see if they can believably sing like Madonna. She mentioned the auditions in the same post. 

10 minutes ago, jesus said:

I just saw this in the british newpaper independent and, since u have to be registered to read it, i took some screen grabs. Interesting... Hope this is the right place to post it.

1441092542_Screenshot2022-02-19at16_49_59.thumb.png.7843cdb6f362bae196f0d10173e75242.png

Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 16.50.10.png

Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 16.50.19.png

Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 16.50.28.png

Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 16.50.36.png

Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 16.50.47.png

Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 16.51.09.png

Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 16.51.22.png

I don't like the idea of Madonna being the director however she's gonna tell things the way she wants to tell them, it is not different than an autobiography on book. Someone can still later make another biopic about her when she's dead. We also know that these movies he mentions are not faithfull and a lot of stuff have been created for drama purposes. At least the lies will be Madonnas and between two embelished truths she'll probably tell things nobody knows except her.

6 hours ago, jesus said:

I just saw this in the british newpaper independent and, since u have to be registered to read it, i took some screen grabs. Interesting... Hope this is the right place to post it.

1441092542_Screenshot2022-02-19at16_49_59.thumb.png.7843cdb6f362bae196f0d10173e75242.png

Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 16.50.10.png

Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 16.50.19.png

Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 16.50.28.png

Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 16.50.36.png

Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 16.50.47.png

Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 16.51.09.png

Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 16.51.22.png

Thanks for the screen grabs. An interesting perspective to an extent regarding biopics in general, but there's also a whiff of misogyny directed at Madonna to it (yes, even though the writer is female). I mean the headline is such gaslighting. How dare a living human being have a creative perspective on their own life. "Kanye's doc proves...." Bullshit. It's such projection. If M reads anything like this, it will be like a red flag to a bull and she'll absolutely double down... remember her remarks online when the New York Times 'Madame X' feature came out. She. Was. Furious.... 

I told all of you this kind of stuff would happen, they are shredding it already and we hardly even know anything about it yet. Get set for a biopic that will be a critical disaster. Madonna has never been taken seriously as a director and she never will, a part of me wishes she would focus her energy on creating new music and getting in shape for a tour rather than waste time on this vanity project. On a side note, that trailer for the Elvis biopic was visually stunning but I guess I should not be surprised as it is being run by an actual quality director.

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

Thanks for the screen grabs. An interesting perspective to an extent regarding biopics in general, but there's also a whiff of misogyny directed at Madonna to it (yes, even though the writer is female)

The article spends most of the time negatively portraying other artists and their films, Madonna is barely the topic.... and it's pointing out exactly what the fans are worried about.

3 hours ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

I told all of you this kind of stuff would happen, they are shredding it already and we hardly even know anything about it yet. Get set for a biopic that will be a critical disaster. Madonna has never been taken seriously as a director and she never will, a part of me wishes she would focus her energy on creating new music and getting in shape for a tour rather than waste time on this vanity project. On a side note, that trailer for the Elvis biopic was visually stunning but I guess I should be surprised as it is being run by an actual quality director.

Madonna should cease to exist then because her entire life is ripped to shreds even by supposed fans. Too bad an "actual quality" person can't replace her amirite @Skyline Pigeon?

@Alphais a valid human trying to feel comfortable in the human body and I just want to say that he/she/it will be happy and will smile every morning, telling itself all will be ok. Deep inside @Alphafeels the euphoria creeping up like a weed. It is what defines @Alpha, not the terrible amerite/person dealing in reality. Eventually it will all be perfect for @Alpha who continues to strive and attempt to achieve the dream of ones ideal self. @Alphawill be found and congratulated by his/her/its parents, who will be happy and relieved that they finally have a happy child. Everyone will applaud @Alphafor making it through the hard journey. 

21 minutes ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

@Alphais a valid human trying to feel comfortable in the human body and I just want to say that he/she/it will be happy and will smile every morning, telling itself all will be ok. Deep inside @Alphafeels the euphoria creeping up like a weed. It is what defines @Alpha, not the terrible amerite/person dealing in reality. Eventually it will all be perfect for @Alpha who continues to strive and attempt to achieve the dream of ones ideal self. @Alphawill be found and congratulated by his/her/its parents, who will be happy and relieved that they finally have a happy child. Everyone will applaud @Alphafor making it through the hard journey. 

Yeth.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic