Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

loving the optimism expressed up-thread that the Visionquest version of Crazy For You might get debuted on digital/steaming on a Crazy For You single reissue. I never for a moment imagined that we would get the movie version of Crazy For You, especially as there didn’t seem to be any question of giving us the movie version of Gambler on that recent digital single 

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

On 7/29/2023 at 12:49 AM, BoyToyMark said:

I'm really happy to have the proper 7" of Lucky Star finally! Now we just need the 7" of Borderline (the actual one) Crazy For You, Live To Tell, Cherish and we'll have the whole TIC single mixes on streaming!

We do. The actual 7” edit of Boederline, that was available on the 7” record, is available to us in digital. 

On 7/29/2023 at 12:41 AM, arigituloh said:

My Rendettion of Lucky Star Remixes Commercial Promo Ad

Love your teaser videos.  These are so cute.  I can actually see these being something her official team could use.  Thank you so much for your videos.  Look forward to what you do next.  :luv:

9 minutes ago, Roy said:

I don't think the 7" edit of Borderline that we have now is the real one. It is basically the Celebration alternate Q-sound edit.

It’s not.

It’s the awful IC/Celebration version with the extra cowbell, which is all I hear when I listen to those versions.

As has been discussed at much length in the past, the Borderline 7" edit is still unavailable online. This was the version used in the music video. It is an edit of the album version without added cowbells and various vocal sound effects.

What was released on the Borderline digital single earlier this year is the Celebration / Immaculate version which is very similar to the 7" Remix. This in itself is an edit of the Extended Version / US Remix / New Mix.

I guess what's confusing for people is that the 7" Remix was used on the commercial releases, but the 7" Edit was used for the video.

2 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

As has been discussed at much length in the past, the Borderline 7" edit is still unavailable online. This was the version used in the music video. It is an edit of the album version without added cowbells and various vocal sound effects.

What was released on the Borderline digital single earlier this year is the Celebration / Immaculate version which is very similar to the 7" Remix. This in itself is an edit of the Extended Version / US Remix / New Mix.

I guess what's confusing for people is that the 7" Remix was used on the commercial releases, but the 7" Edit was used for the video.

There's also a Remix Edit with a different edit for the intro. My cassette rip of It's That Gril has it.

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

It’s not.

It’s the awful IC/Celebration version with the extra cowbell, which is all I hear when I listen to those versions.

I watched a few videos on youtube and the *true* 7” edit/version seems to be missing both the annoying right channel ticka-ticka-ticka of the album version and the unnecessary cowbell of the 12” mix & IC/Celebration edit. How perfect! If only it was readily available.

3 hours ago, MikeyK said:

I watched a few videos on youtube and the *true* 7” edit/version seems to be missing both the annoying right channel ticka-ticka-ticka of the album version and the unnecessary cowbell of the 12” mix & IC/Celebration edit. How perfect! If only it was readily available.

Yea, I only like the real 7” Version and the LP Version.

9 hours ago, MikeyK said:

Justice for cowbell! I fucking love it. :)

11 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

This is it yeah! Whats the difference between the Celebration version and the true 7" remix from the promo?

2 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

This is it yeah! Whats the difference between the Celebration version and the true 7" remix from the promo?

The Celebration version is basically an alternate Q-sound mix edit from the IC. The True 7" edit doesn't have the cowbells and it is also known as the video version. :D

3 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

I'm open to correction on this but from memory, I think they "re-assembled" the original 7" remix for the Immaculate Collection from the Extended Remix stems as the original master didn't exist or something. An alternate but almost identical version of this edit is what was used on the Celebration compilation and the recent digital single.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW