Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

What’s the difference?

I've told you: One is the album version and fades at 5:10 (Japanese single)

My00NjA5LmpwZWc.jpeg

The other one is the 7'' Version and fades at 5:06 (US CD-Promo). They are different versions but both have almost the same fade. 

LTU5MTQuanBlZw.jpeg

It’s easy to think they’re the same (even some people are not able to distinguish the differences between the Album version and the 7’’ version). I have both CDs since 1997 and I thought they were the same version, until I found out they were different four or five years ago.

44 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

My00NjA5LmpwZWc.jpeg

The other one is the 7'' Version and fades at 5:06 (US CD-Promo). They are different versions but both have almost the same fade. 

LTU5MTQuanBlZw.jpeg

It’s easy to think they’re the same (even some people are not able to distinguish the differences between the Album version and the 7’’ version). I have both CDs since 1997 and I thought they were the same version, until I found out they were different four or five years ago.

In that case, the Japanese fade is a unique "local" version and therefore I wouldn't consider including it on my list because it wasn't part of the official set of remixes/versions from the original release.

Otherwise, I would have to include all the local edits from the singles of The First Album too but those are likely not on Rhino's radar in the slightest.

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

My00NjA5LmpwZWc.jpeg

LTU5MTQuanBlZw.jpeg

do you have that CD single promo of LAP to share? in FLAC?  =) I don't have that one please. I have the Japanese one

50 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Interesting they left the amazing dance edit on the Like A Prayer digital single

Also, I don’t understand why they didn’t use the 7’’ Dance Edit as the base for the Q-Sound remix on the Immaculate Collection.. It's the best (dance) version

17 hours ago, MPowered said:

In that case, the Japanese fade is a unique "local" version and therefore I wouldn't consider including it on my list because it wasn't part of the official set of remixes/versions from the original release.

Otherwise, I would have to include all the local edits from the singles of The First Album too but those are likely not on Rhino's radar in the slightest.

It was released on this 12" promo in Brazil too

NKdUOqE.jpg

2 countries to release this fade version, what will you doing with it ? :Madonna009:

2 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

in which CD, not vinyl, can we get the original LAP 7'' Version in full, not the one with fade?

This one has the 7" Version (w/ Fade):

https://www.discogs.com/release/126156-Madonna-Like-A-Prayer

This one has the 7" Version (w/o Fade):

https://www.discogs.com/release/6828032-Madonna-Like-A-Prayer

Apparently there is another variation of the fade version from Japan/Brazil but I believe that is mainly a mastering thing and not necessarily a different version. Maybe someone can provide a direct comparison.

41 minutes ago, Material Girl said:

It was released on this 12" promo in Brazil too

NKdUOqE.jpg

2 countries to release this fade version, what will you doing with it ? :Madonna009:

Nothing. :Madonna009:

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

This one has the 7" Version (w/ Fade):

https://www.discogs.com/release/126156-Madonna-Like-A-Prayer

This one has the 7" Version (w/o Fade):

https://www.discogs.com/release/6828032-Madonna-Like-A-Prayer

Apparently there is another variation of the fade version from Japan/Brazil but I believe that is mainly a mastering thing and not necessarily a different version. Maybe someone can provide a direct comparison.

Nothing. :Madonna009:

cool so it was a 3 inch cd in US.

yeah the japanese one is just a fade from the album version

On 11/20/2023 at 6:43 PM, MPowered said:

If they reissue albums they will better be off putting fade edits on the box sets 

The average Spotify fan who finds 13 year old 96 kbps mp3 uploads "exquisite quality" will not be able to notice the fade probably 

I think only fades which crop 20 seconds of the song minimum should be in the digital reissues

Fans want unreleased and remixes or edits which cut parts

She'd be better off issuing a file upload with 33 files of variety than 16 tracks and 33 3 second crop fades which the average fan will think it's a reupload of the album version

7 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

If they reissue albums they will better be off putting fade edits on the box sets 

The average Spotify fan who finds 13 year old 96 kbps mp3 uploads "exquisite quality" will not be able to notice the fade probably 

I think only fades which crop 20 seconds of the song minimum should be in the digital reissues

Fans want unreleased and remixes or edits which cut parts

She'd be better off issuing a file upload with 33 files of variety than 16 tracks and 33 3 second crop fades which the average fan will think it's a reupload of the album version

They're simply different cause they were sending them the fade points to do it themselves instead of waiting longer to get the actual ones. So I don't count those and actually when the internet became a thing they stopped doing it locally. 

3 hours ago, Harrdust said:

They're simply different cause they were sending them the fade points to do it themselves instead of waiting longer to get the actual ones. So I don't count those and actually when the internet became a thing they stopped doing it locally. 

If you are a completist, you want all of them, you can't pick and choose.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW