Live To Tell

Papa Don't Preach

True Blue Ain't No Big Deal

Open Your Heart

Who's That Girl

Causing A Commotion

Cherish Supernatural

Oh Father

Obviously some parts of these are available on streaming already.

Don't forget, we still haven't gotten This Used To Be My Playground. And Holiday.

16 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I wonder if we could possibly get I Want You or if there would still be an issue

No chance. But I wish. Single idea was burried along with Motown stupidity. If I Want You remixes exist, they might add them to a landmark reissue... but which one? Bedtime Stories is not considered by Warner a landmark album (though it saved Madonna's career after Erotica) 

1 hour ago, Cyberraga said:

No chance. But I wish. Single idea was burried along with Motown stupidity. If I Want You remixes exist, they might add them to a landmark reissue... but which one? Bedtime Stories is not considered by Warner a landmark album (though it saved Madonna's career after Erotica) 

That's my question...what would constitute as a single? Technically if it got enough streams it could chart on the hot 100 and what would motown be able to do? So would Motown even be able to do anything if she released remixes? Technically the Orchestral version is a remix and that hasn't been an issue. Supposedly there wasn't even a promo and those remixes were white labeled and labeled wrong which is why for years people thought it was remixed by Vasquez

6 hours ago, Alpha said:

That's my question...what would constitute as a single? Technically if it got enough streams it could chart on the hot 100 and what would motown be able to do? So would Motown even be able to do anything if she released remixes? Technically the Orchestral version is a remix and that hasn't been an issue. Supposedly there wasn't even a promo and those remixes were white labeled and labeled wrong which is why for years people thought it was remixed by Vasquez

It's going to take a lot of radio impressions for the song to chart on the hot 100.  It would nearly be impossible to chart alone with streaming unless it was getting billions of streams all of a sudden during a weekly charting. Note I say "nearly impossible" because I believe some songs have been able chart low in the hot 100 based on a lot of streams, but I believe it was backed by digital sales and radio plays too.

A single is something the artists or label uses to promote the album by sending it to radio. In the old days it would be a physical product, these days it might have its own artwork and placeholder on streaming. Any song just chatting high through streams or purchasing is still a hit but it’s not a single as such. It’s just a smasher album track which might lead the label or artists to house it as a single. 

27 minutes ago, steady75 said:

A single is something the artists or label uses to promote the album by sending it to radio. In the old days it would be a physical product, these days it might have its own artwork and placeholder on streaming. Any song just chatting high through streams or purchasing is still a hit but it’s not a single as such. It’s just a smasher album track which might lead the label or artists to house it as a single. 

miss the old days when you go to a record store, buy your physical single and you have not only the original song but 2 or 3 remixes and sometimes even the music video .........

9 hours ago, Cyberraga said:

I second that. 

Edited by VictoriaL7 (see edit history)

37 minutes ago, steady75 said:

So true, this is how some artists were able to have so many songs (that weren't singles) chart.  They were getting a lot of streams and digital sales just for each song, allowing them to chart or bubble under the main charts. Like you said, a true single is what is sent out to mainstream formats like radio and a lot of time will have a video to accompany it whether it's lyric or an official video. But then again, more and more artists are putting out lyrics videos for all the songs on their albums as well. 

I don't mind that album tracks chart because by doing so, you can tell how popular the album and artists is at the time, but I wish it wasn't counted as the same as the actual singles officially released.  It's not fair to the older arists when back in the day, the singles were the songs just charted while the album songs rarely did for most artists.  Only if radio would pick the song up would it chart back in the day.

14 hours ago, Chrato74 said:

Don't forget, we still haven't gotten This Used To Be My Playground. And Holiday.

I'm not sure if its a priority seeing as we already have a Holiday digital single and it may just stay with this cover art, unless they do a new one with I Know It, but I can't see that happening any time soon.

23 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Currently I'm loving her catalog variety and how it is apart of some mess ups and some horrible EP's like Secret (Un-Remixes) EP which should be taken down forever and changed forever for some full ep's

So um? Do I dare ask? What's wrong with what's available currently?  It has nearly all the remixes except the DUBS? How is this "horrible"?  Why would you want the core remixes to be removed completely?  I can see if you like to have the dubs  added, but why remove the whole thing? What's the point?  In the end, what is it really harming?

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW