Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

The 1:30 previews on Apple Music NZ are not very promising... it even distorts on "you know that I am..."

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/material-girl-2024-remaster-single/1726903354

More a "Gambler" super loud remastering than a subtle proper one.

It's weird cause the 7'' Version (same as the Album Version) was remastered in 2022 for "Finally Enough Love" and, while still loud, sounded quite good there.

Let's see in full at midnight. I don't think Stuart has been anywhere near to this, honestly.

6 minutes ago, GoneDone said:

The 1:30 previews on Apple Music NZ are not very promising... it even distorts on "you know that I am..."

It's weird cause the 7'' Version (same as the Album Version) was remastered in 2022 for "Finally Enough Love" and, while still loud, sounded quite good there.

Let's see in full at midnight. I don't think Stuart has been anywhere near to this, honestly.

Oh there you are? Also do you know the difference of the album version and the video version?

2 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Oh there you are? Also do you know the difference of the album version and the video version?

7'' (single version), Album Version and Video Version are all the same as far as I know.

Unless some people consider the one with the intro dialogues the Video Version.

1 hour ago, GoneDone said:

How does Pretender sound?

6 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

How does Pretender sound?

Same as this new 2024 Remaster of "Material Girl", extremely loud for no reason but somehow not that bad as that other one.

But it's also near distortion on "if there's a chance then I know I've got to try".

I don't get the point on remastering things to make them sound worse. Especially when the "FEL" 2002 remaster exists.

It's extremely frustrating how hit or miss their remasters are being.

19 hours ago, steady75 said:

This is very interesting. 

So assuming it's not the album remaster and it's a single remaster what would the tracking look like?

1. Material Girl 
  2. Material Girl (extended dance mix) – 6:05
  3. Material Girl (video version) ...this would be cool.
  4. Pretender – 4:28
  5. Into the Groove – 4:45
  6. Angel (extended dance mix) – 6:14

Is the 7" version on FEL actually any different from the album version? It's the same length no?

My favourite version is the cold ending on Immaculate TBH

Can we stop merging random singles that don’t belong together?

16 hours ago, MadonnaDave said:

We need all the remaining missing songs on streaming

Let Down Your Guard 

Ain’t No Big Deal

at a minimum 

And if we’re being optimistic here, Broken

etc

and the most keenly missed renixes

Causing a Commotion

Dress You Up

etc

Surely it’s time? 

Put Ain’t No Big Deal on a Dress You Up, put Guard on a Secret EP with the Instrumental, the Edit again and if they’re feeling generous (lol I know right?!) any outstanding commercially released remixes 

I would say: Put Ain't No Big Deal on Papa Don't Preach, since Pretender is now appearing on the Material Girl single.

16 hours ago, Curtains said:

Considering they’re mostly going with the UK/US tracklists, I guess the Material Girl single on streaming will just be this:

01 - Material Girl (2024 Remaster)

02 - Material Girl (Extended Dance Remix - 2024 Remaster)

03 - Pretender (2024 Remaster)

The Angel Remix and Into the Groove were on the Japanese tracklist but I feel like an Angel/Into the Groove single is more likely. I also don’t see them releasing the Video Version as it was never commercially released. The 7“ Version from Finally Enough Love is just the album version.

And The Immaculate Collection version is also my favorite, I love the little extra echos and the cold ending as well. :) 

Instrumental version would have been nice but if they think that an EP of already available songs is okay, I don’t mind. I want the complete singles collection on streaming and it seems we are indeed getting it. 😌😌😌

33 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

You gworlls really had me thinking Angel Remix was finally coming to streaming

Classic Film Reaction GIF by Film at Lincoln Center

We are getting it, honey.

2 hours ago, GoneDone said:

Thanks for posting, so this seems to be only a release for digital and streaming platforms based on it's original release date.  I can't help to wish that it was something prepared for a re-issue of LAV.  Maybe there is still some hope?  We'll see.

36 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

1. Material Girl (2024 Remaster)

2. Pretender (2024 Remaster)

3. Material Girl (Extended Dance Remix) (2024 Remaster)

For like a virgin the Like a virgin hits and more EP would be better than the same 3 track formula they used for Lucky Star and now Material Girl 

Despite the possible shoddy remastering, I think it's promising to see that not only did the Material Girl song got a 2024 remaster, but so did Pretender.  They could have just uploaded what's already available.  So it might be a hint to something bigger is coming regarding the 40th anniversary of LAV later in the year!

20 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Despite the possible shoddy remastering, I think it's promising to see that not only did the Material Girl show 2024 remaster, but so does Pretender.  They could have just uploaded what's already available.  So it might be a hint to something bigger is coming regarding the 40th anniversary of LAV later in the year!

Hoping that the album remasters will be with stems!

I advise ALL of you to put the apple music previews in the 1:04 second of the material girl extended dance remix to hear the heavy distortion in that part! Those remasters are made at most to showcase their remastering abillities by using every single button on their music editor it seems,not that bad but you can hear the over effects on the mix

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW