Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW

New_Boy

ill never understand why fans are obsessed with fade or edit versions of album songs ??? why would you want to hear less of her art ? - you all moaned at the terrible edits on ghv2 and celebration albums ?

would you want to see the blond ambition tour with songs cut from it too or a short version of lfl brits when they remove her being pulled off the stage ??? 

4 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

ill never understand why fans are obsessed with fade or edit versions of album songs ??? why would you want to hear less of her art ? - you all moaned at the terrible edits on ghv2 and celebration albums ?

would you want to see the blond ambition tour with songs cut from it too or a short version of lfl brits when they remove her being pulled off the stage ??? 

Interesting point, I've honestly found the album versions more preferable as time goes on.

I guess its just a preference thing. For me the album versions will always win out.

But we are talking about single re-issues so I guess thats why.

22 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

ill never understand why fans are obsessed with fade or edit versions of album songs ??? why would you want to hear less of her art ?

You're seeing it from the wrong angle. It's about appreciating different versions of a song you love. Sometimes (just sometimes), if something good is brief, it's twice as good. For me, certain songs are better with specific edits because otherwise, they feel too long to listen to. Additionally, the edits of her singles are also work done or approved by Madonna. They are part of her artistry.

Oh, and another key point is that many of us first discovered and fell in love with Madonna's songs through radio edits.

6 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

So do we think we are getting Who's That Girl? This Friday or Monday? Or the intern set it to a null date?:Madonna007:would not be confused

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

Nothing tomorrow, it's already midnight in NZ and nothing "new" on Apple Music there.

Have they ever released on a weekend?

6 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Never, and they don't release after the dates which makes me believe they put a wrong date or null date

6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Not that I remember of... but date is set anyway when you send the files to the platforms in advance, so it could be, it doesn't matter if you put the release date on a Tuesday or a Sunday.

I doubt it, though.

Thanks!

Well maybe Monday unless they change anything randomly.

29 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Literally who moaned about the GHV2 edits? Those were all official single edits. The issue was that Celebration did a lazy job at trying to sell faulty reconstructions of certain edits as the real deal.

In case no one has told you before: It's about collecting and having an ACCURATE representation of her catalogue available online. I personally do not have the attention span to listen to certain songs for 6 minutes straight unless I really LOVE the song or am in the mood to listen to it. Aside from that, edits are great for fitting more songs onto mixtapes or even playlists.

What I will never understand is why you and the troll are repeating yourselves with the same complaint about some fan's collecting habits like a broken CD. Why don't you go to there parts of the forum and talk about things you are interested in instead of complaining about people talking about single re-issues you don't seem to care about to begin with?

24 minutes ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

Literally who moaned about the GHV2 edits? Those were all official single edits.

The problem with GHV2 is that many fans wanted TIC2, that is, her singles remixed in a similar way to how Shep Pettibone did on TIC. I, however, would have wanted TIC to contain the actual single edits instead of remixes.

2 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

The problem with GHV2 is that many fans wanted TIC2, that is, her singles remixed in a similar way to how Shep Pettibone did on TIC.

There were some issues with "GHV2" but I remember the biggest complaint was the lack of new material. It could have easily sold 14-15M with a couple of new songs, but she was on self-destruction mode sadly, thinking she was having a revenge on Warner to close that year, when in fact she was only pissing off fans and sabotaging herself.

I also remember some comments about having the censored version of "Human Nature", but of course an album especially designed to be a hot Christmas seller that year was never going to have a Parental Advisory sticker on the cover.

I think the real sad thing is Celebration doesn't use the correct single versions of a lot of decade 1 songs. And now you have a mismatch of versions on streaming and one of the reasons why there is massive interest in the digital singles re-issues. When a lot of them should've really been available since 2009. 

5 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

Some fans are used to radio edits like I was before.

Now by default I'm into album originals - because that's how artist intended them to sound. 

That's not entirely correct. Sometimes artists use singles to improve album versions (remember 'Open Your Heart,' 'Like A Prayer,' 'Express Yourself,' 'Keep It Together,' and many more) and these versions become the final ones for the artist..

1 minute ago, BoyToyMark said:

But also the good thing is we have choice. When I listen to The Immaculate Collection, I will sometimes just listen to a playlist of the album versions of the 17 songs instead of the remixed versions.

I do the same, but using the original single edits. :)

Edits are life.

I of course love most versions but if done correctly with out sacrificing the fundamentals and build up / best bits of a song the edit is often the superior mix. 

I absolutely love that all 21 of her 82-88 singles fit on one disc it's utter perfection.

I'd have sacrificed the Immaculate Collection for an 82-88 Singles collection with Spotlight as the lead single.

I'd even have kept the You Can Dance art direction Picture and perhaps even the name even though it would have three ballads. Spotlight is a perfect Greatest Hits mid-late 80;s song and would have smashed. 

Way more powerful than the Immaculate collection and then we'd have the real second part of her career as an Artist starting with Like A Prayer.

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

Nothing is blocking them, they can do whatever they want to do. But, as we've said before, she's not the only artist at Warner/Rhino, they manage a big catalogue. Usually they fix things in batches yes.

As for the Interscope stuff, if they didn't care when she was there, much less now she's gone. All the uploaded stuff will be taken down starting in 2025 and reuploaded by Warner.

Do we know for certain things are going to be taken down though?  It's a more modern release strategy to release things separately.  Take a look at any artist releasing new things on Spotify, almost every individual remix gets released as a single, so you have 5/6 different singles for a particular song.  I definitely prefer everything to be collected under one release and hope that's the case but it's also possible it might not happen.

6 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Edits are life.

I of course love most versions but if done correctly with out sacrificing the fundamentals and build up / best bits of a song the edit is often the superior mix. 

I absolutely love that all 21 of her 82-88 singles fit on one disc it's utter perfection.

I'd have sacrificed the Immaculate Collection for an 82-88 Singles collection with Spotlight as the lead single.

I think exactly the same as you. I would have been happy just to have 'It's That Girl' on CD. It's my top choice for a Madonna compilation release, and I hope they'll release it on CD or streaming (and on vinyl for collectors) someday.