Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW

New_Boy

21 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

Do we know for certain things are going to be taken down though?  It's a more modern release strategy to release things separately.  Take a look at any artist releasing new things on Spotify, almost every individual remix gets released as a single, so you have 5/6 different singles for a particular song.  I definitely prefer everything to be collected under one release and hope that's the case but it's also possible it might not happen.

Two different topics here:

- True, many artists now release remixes as separate singles to maximize impact and keep the release flow every two-three weeks. Most of the times they're compiled on a final remixes EP though.

- As for Madonna's Interscope years releases: yes, they will be definitely taken down, cause their original (and current) license periods will expire. Then, Warner will have to upload them. We don't have the full details, the infamous 2021 press released said they would start passing to Warner from 2025. I guess it will start with "MDNA" and later the rest of the albums and singles in the following years, not all three albums and singles at the same time.

Imagine if the first reissue/expanded edition is for "MDNA", I mean. And I actually like that album.

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

ill never understand why fans are obsessed with fade or edit versions of album songs ??? why would you want to hear less of her art ? - you all moaned at the terrible edits on ghv2 and celebration albums ?

would you want to see the blond ambition tour with songs cut from it too or a short version of lfl brits when they remove her being pulled off the stage ??? 

I would argue that the radio edit of 4 Minutes is the superior version.  Gets rid of that intro and outro and makes it tighter.  It's a shame that's not on the streaming single but thank goodness I have it on GHV2.

I think we have to keep in mind that The Immaculate Collection was not meant for fans but for the GP (and it worked!)

The title is flat out iconic and probably one of THE smartest titles for a greatest hits album. Personally, I have would have done something a little different and add the "missing" hits as b-sides to the singles that were released.

Justify My Love / Causing A Commotion (Q-Sound Mix)
Crazy For You (Q-Sound Mix) / Dress You Up (Q-Sound Mix)
Rescue Me / True Blue (Q-Sound Mix)
Holiday (Q-Sound Mix) / Who's That Girl (Q-Sound Mix)

Either that or release an EP titled "Forbidden Fruit" or some other biblical pun.

8 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Two different topics here:

- True, many artists now release remixes as separate singles to maximize impact and keep the release flow every two-three weeks. Most of the times they're compiled on a final remixes EP though.

- As for Madonna's Interscope years releases: yes, they will be definitely taken down, cause their original (and current) license periods will expire. Then, Warner will have to upload them. We don't have the full details, the infamous 2021 press released said they would start passing to Warner from 2025. I guess it will start with "MDNA" and later the rest of the albums and singles in the following years, not all three albums and singles at the same time.

Imagine if the first reissue/expanded edition is for "MDNA", I mean. And I actually like that album.

Well yeah, I guess I don't know enough about licensing to know if an artist changes hands do they remove everything previously uploaded and re-publish, or just take over the rights and royalties and it's up to the artist/new record company to make changes.

6 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

Well yeah, I guess I don't know enough about licensing to know if an artist changes hands do they remove everything previously uploaded and re-publish, or just take over the rights and royalties and it's up to the artist/new record company to make changes.

Whenever there's a label change, the old ones are take down and the new label upload the new versions.

If they use the same files and song codes, it's possible that the new versions match the old ones in case some fans have them saved on their libraries.

5 hours ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

STOP IT.

It belongs on the single along with the original 7" version. They could add the original instrumental or Warning Signs as a treat but I'd be just as fine with getting these two elusive versions where they belong.

The Something To Remember album had a version that was specifically mastered and edited for inclusion on that album. That’s the version that should appear on that album.

Don't Tell Him to Stop

200.gif

4 hours ago, Erotico said:

I know but the title sucked 😅 and it didn’t have Q-Sound Mixes of those songs. It also didn’t have Dress You Up on it.

3 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Don't Tell Him to Stop

200.gif

That wasn’t a stop it in the sense of "shut up" but rather in the sense of "stop right there".

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

We ain't getting Warning Signs shit out on some random digital EP from 40 years ago for 11k people to listen to it. BE real girl

Yeah I doubt it also.

But likely they will give us the Crazy For You album and single version at some point. And will hopefully update so not only The Immaculate Collection/Celebration version is on there.

10 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

Yeah I doubt it also.

But likely they will give us the Crazy For You album and single version at some point. And will hopefully update so not only The Immaculate Collection/Celebration version is on there.

I also that they update/fix the messed up digital version of The Immaculate Collection, Something To Remember and Celebration. I can’t believe they haven’t done that by now.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Did Crazy For You and Gambler get reissued on the yellow cd’s in the 90’s or not because they were geffen?

They weren’t but since Gambler has been re-issued now, it’s likely that they found some sort of agreement or distribution deal.

Just now, MaDöner Kebab said:

I also that they update/fix the messed up digital version of The Immaculate Collection, Something To Remember and Celebration. I can’t believe they haven’t done that by now.

They weren’t but since Gambler has been re-issued now, it’s likely that they found some sort of agreement or distribution deal.

The digital version of "The Immaculate Collection" is the way it is, with the "New Mix" of "Lucky Star" and the album version of "Borderline", there's nothing to fix at this point. They could have fixed it when they did the Atmos Mix version but chose not to, so it's clear that's the digital version she/Warner/them want for TIC.

"Celebration" is the mess we know since 2009, take it or leave it.

But yeah, it would be nice to have the original "Crazy For You" on streaming, while it's not that different to the Q-Sound mix, it's a nice one.

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

Did Crazy For You and Gambler get reissued on the yellow cd’s in the 90’s or not because they were geffen?

Not on the yellow CDs. Anyway, the yellow CDs were a local release (Germany) and surely did not have the recordings of these two songs available. But in Japan, they were released in 1996 under the SIRE label.

MC04ODEyLmpwZWc.jpeg

OS03NDg4LmpwZWc.jpeg

Previously, 'Gambler' and 'Crazy for You' were also available under the SIRE label on 'La Isla Bonita Super Mix' in 1987.

LTI0OTQuanBlZw_693405e5-d523-41ea-b4d2-2

And this is strange because they were originally released in Japan under the Geffen label.

LmpwZWc.jpeg

23 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

I think exactly the same as you. I would have been happy just to have 'It's That Girl' on CD. It's my top choice for a Madonna compilation release, and I hope they'll release it on CD or streaming (and on vinyl for collectors) someday.

"It's that Girl" would also be my top choice for a re-release but I doubt they even remember it.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for a release Sunday (?) or Monday but wouldn't it be typical for Rhino to put out an article celebrating Who's that girl's anniversary but not give us the digital single ... Anyway, never a dull moment and something to look forward to, I guess.

https://www.rhino.com/article/june-1987-madonna-releases-whos-that-girl

9 hours ago, steady75 said:

7 hours ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

Fwiw it was part of the Japanese 3” single box set. It was chronologically under the STR reissue but used the 1985 cover. I can’t recall which version is on it and sadly it’s in a box in storage rn, plus I don’t think I even have a player for discs that small anymore.

7 hours ago, Prayer said:

The digital version of "The Immaculate Collection" is the way it is, with the "New Mix" of "Lucky Star" and the album version of "Borderline", there's nothing to fix at this point. They could have fixed it when they did the Atmos Mix version but chose not to, so it's clear that's the digital version she/Warner/them want for TIC.

"Celebration" is the mess we know since 2009, take it or leave it.

But yeah, it would be nice to have the original "Crazy For You" on streaming, while it's not that different to the Q-Sound mix, it's a nice one.

Plus the original has the longer ending w/that note she holds baybaaaaaaaaa that would be nice to have. Maybe she just doesn’t like the original for some reason and prefers the IC mix/edit, like Holiday, and the aforementioned IC changes.