Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 hours ago, MikeyK said:

Fwiw it was part of the Japanese 3” single box set. It was chronologically under the STR reissue but used the 1985 cover. I can’t recall which version is on it and sadly it’s in a box in storage rn, plus I don’t think I even have a player for discs that small anymore.

The version that comes in the Japanese box is the original from 1985. The same available on "La Isla Bonita Super Mix" released in 1987.

LTI0OTQuanBlZw_693405e5-d523-41ea-b4d2-2

6 hours ago, erik0098 said:

Still keeping my fingers crossed for a release Sunday (?) or Monday but wouldn't it be typical for Rhino to put out an article celebrating Who's that girl's anniversary but not give us the digital single ... Anyway, never a dull moment and something to look forward to, I guess.

https://www.rhino.com/article/june-1987-madonna-releases-whos-that-girl

Would Rhino do that? Absolutely they would, like “yes, we are aware that fans are hoping for this digital single right now, and no, you’re not getting it. Take another spin on the speculation merry-go-round in a year’s time, suckers!” 

I think because I really wanted to be able to listen to Causing a Commotion mixes on my iPhone again for so long, Sod’s Law says it won’t happen. 

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

I think because I really wanted to be able to listen to Causing a Commotion mixes on my iPhone again for so long, Sod’s Law says it won’t happen. 

I'm confused? What's stopping you from doing that now?  Maybe you are referring to being able to simply "stream" those mixes, but no "law" is keeping those mixes from being on your phone.  I have nearly most of her catalog on my Iphone, including these mixes.  Those mixes are so easily obtained off the internet, and in fact, I'm sure there are links to them at this very forum, which allow you to download.  

1 hour ago, Donna said:

I'm confused? What's stopping you from doing that now?  Maybe you are referring to being able to simply "stream" those mixes, but no "law" is keeping those mixes from being on your phone.  I have nearly most of her catalog on my Iphone, including these mixes.  Those mixes are so easily obtained off the internet, and in fact, I'm sure there are links to them at this very forum, which allow you to download.  

Since an iOS update ages ago I can’t copy/transfer mp3 files on to my iPhone anymore to play through the Apple Music app. It still syncs libraries with iTunes, but matches my mp3s against what tracks that it has in its library. So any demos, live versions or remixes in my library of mp3s that aren’t on Apple Music get matched with the standard versions of the tracks instead.  

If anyone can recommend on app on Apple Store that will let me copy my mp3s on to an iPhone though, I’d be very interested. 

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

Since an iOS update ages ago I can’t copy/transfer mp3 files on to my iPhone anymore to play through the Apple Music app. It still syncs libraries with iTunes, but matches my mp3s against what tracks that it has in its library. So any demos, live versions or remixes in my library of mp3s that aren’t on Apple Music get matched with the standard versions of the tracks instead.  

If anyone can recommend on app on Apple Store that will let me copy my mp3s on to an iPhone though, I’d be very interested. 

I see!  I do agree though Apple Music is a pain in the ass.  This is why I am happy her catalog is being constantly updated on streaming. It's so convenient.  Thanks for explaining!  :luv:

7 hours ago, MadonnaDave said:

If you have a YouTube account (which is free to setup), you can use YouTube Music and upload up to 100,000 songs for free to listen to on the app.

Nah it ain’t coming I can’t see what day they think it would drop. They’ve all been dropping in the release dates for a good while now. This has been skipped for some reason. Probably to do with the exclusive 12” a few years back. Oh well. I can live without the 12” mix for now but it just seems likely that if they skipped this they’re gonna skip Causing A Commotion too which I’m desperate to get the Silver screen Single Mix on Streaming. 
What’s really odd is that most other standalone singles and soundtrack songs have all been almost prioritised. Almost like they won’t affect any album special editions so there’s no conflict of interest. 
WTG remaining her most neglected era of all time. She really hates it huh. 
I suppose our last imminent hope is that the Super Club Mix EP gets added on CAC date but that would just be another example of not reading the room properly where her fans are concerned.

FEL erasure and now this. Poor Nikki Finn

24 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Nah it ain’t coming I can’t see what day they think it would drop. They’ve all been dropping in the release dates for a good while now. This has been skipped for some reason. Probably to do with the exclusive 12” a few years back. Oh well. I can live without the 12” mix for now but it just seems likely that if they skipped this they’re gonna skip Causing A Commotion too which I’m desperate to get the Silver screen Single Mix on Streaming. 
What’s really odd is that most other standalone singles and soundtrack songs have all been almost prioritised. Almost like they won’t affect any album special editions so there’s no conflict of interest. 
WTG remaining her most neglected era of all time. She really hates it huh. 
I suppose our last imminent hope is that the Super Club Mix EP gets added on CAC date but that would just be another example of not reading the room properly where her fans are concerned.

FEL erasure and now this. Poor Nikki Finn

Justice for Nikki Finn will be done in 2027 on her 40th anniversary (wait for it) ;)