MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Andreo said:

The way this reissue plan was promoted to fans should be defined criminal and an absolute fraud tbh. Like those scammy ads you see online telling you you can lose weight by eating a pill, in that same exact category.

Not defending them or her but the plan in 2021 was to make a movie and to release the expanded editions. Obviously that plan changed along the way when the movie fell apart and she decided to tour.

But again, I wouldn't change this tour for anything, not only it's been amazing, but it's done wonders for her public image and she's in a really good position right now to release new music.

You can't have it all.

Edit: Also, maybe the remaster plans were changed from Mike Dean to Stuart Price now she's "back" to him? Time will tell.

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

Not defending them or her but the plan in 2021 was to make a movie and to release the expanded editions. Obviously that plan changed along the way when the movie fell apart and she decided to tour.

Sorry, but you just made it all up. Movie was only something we know about because Madonna shared on her Insta in 2020 during the covid that she is bored and working on a script.

Movie was never connected to or communicated by Warner. Actually, movie should have been produced by Universal and it was a separate thing before Warner deal happened. So Warner deal has nothing to do with movie and there was never a connection between movie (by Universal) and expanded reissue whatsoever (by Warner). 

4 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Sorry, but you just made it all up. Movie was only something we know about because Madonna shared on her Insta in 2020 during the covid that she is bored and working on a script.

Movie was never connected to or communicated by Warner. Actually, movie should have been produced by Universal and it was a separate thing before Warner deal happened. So Warner deal has nothing to do with movie and there was never a connection between movie and expanded reissue whatsoever. 

Amy Pascal (Little Women, The Post, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and the Academy Award®-winning Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse), will produce for her Universal-based Pascal Pictures alongside Madonna.  Sara Zambreno and Guy Oseary will executive produce.

The movie is being distributed by Universal. distribution is different than producing.

This was all explained in the films original press release in September 2020, well before the reissues were announced in August 2021,

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/universal-pictures-announces-film-based-on-the-untold-true-story-of-madonna

18 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Movie was never connected to or communicated by Warner. Actually, movie should have been produced by Universal and it was a separate thing before Warner deal happened. So Warner deal has nothing to do with movie and there was never a connection between movie (by Universal) and expanded reissue whatsoever (by Warner). 

I think it is more that working on the movie inspired her to do everything that followed. She was listening to old demos through that process, she started connecting with people from the past more, she released some new remixes of her old songs and then she did Finally Enough Love. Then she was celebrating the anniversary of Sex/Erotica. This all led to the tour. So while it may not have been pre-planned out the movie being put on hold had a huge bearing on what has happened.

I personally believe the main reason these supposed box sets were put aside is because she was busy and focused on the tour. It’s the type of project she can do any time, even if it’s 10 years from now it makes no difference. There is no urgency for it. Especially since so many fans have been buying up all the other things they’ve put out. They are making their money from that deal and that’s what matters.

43 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

But I didn't say the movie was part of the new Warner deal. I said plan, in general, for her, was movie + reissues.

Warner wasn't part of the movie but would have benefited from it anyway, via exploiting her back catalogue. And of course a soundtrack release would have been with them.

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

I think it is more that working on the movie inspired her to do everything that followed. She was listening to old demos through that process, she started connecting with people from the past more, she released some new remixes of her old songs and then she did Finally Enough Love. Then she was celebrating the anniversary of Sex/Erotica. This all led to the tour. So while it may not be might be true that it was all pre-planned it is fair to recognize it is all connected and that the movie being stalled probably is a factor in her decisions.

I personally believe the main reason these supposed box sets were put aside is because she was busy and focused on the tour. It’s the type of project she can do any time, even if it’s 10 years from now it makes no difference. There is no urgency for it.

Beautifully said and filled with light and truth 🤗🙏🗳️🎶

11 hours ago, Prayer said:

But I didn't say the movie was part of the new Warner deal. I said plan, in general, for her, was movie + reissues.

Warner wasn't part of the movie but would have benefited from it anyway, via exploiting her back catalogue. And of course a soundtrack release would have been with them.

Yup. The RUMOR was film, album, tour in no particular order. She allegedly wrote songs with Pat for both the biopic AND new album in case she wanted the album at the same time as the biopic. She would have the Pat demos to take to different producers to fit whatever sound she wanted. She allegedly took some to BloodOrange which is when he told her he only wanted to work from scratch. This is around the time they followed each other on insta. Around the time of the Dark Ballet director's cut leak she made cryptic posts about HER dark ballet and fans thought it was either about it leaking or possibly issues with the biopic. The latest rumor in terms of the biopic was early last year when she was seen allegedly going to A24 studios. She had already scouted locations and posted about it so personal conjecture is that she just threw out the tour to fund the biopic and create positive views to repair her image and create interest. This tour was relatively limited especially for a greatest hits tour so again personal conjecture, she wanted the tour done fast with the original ending to be in dec 2023. Her getting sick and almost dying really fucked up plans because 2024 was empty, again personal conjecture, for the film. Im sure like you said reissues etc were all being worked on and her getting sick messed up the schedule.

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

Yup. The RUMOR was film, album, tour in no particular order. She allegedly wrote songs with Pat for both the biopic AND new album in case she wanted the album at the same time as the biopic. She would have the Pat demos to take to different producers to fit whatever sound she wanted. She allegedly took some to BloodOrange which is when he told her he only wanted to work from scratch. This is around the time they followed each other on insta. Around the time of the Dark Ballet director's cut leak she made cryptic posts about HER dark ballet and fans thought it was either about it leaking or possibly issues with the biopic. The latest rumor in terms of the biopic was early last year when she was seen allegedly going to A24 studios. She had already scouted locations and posted about it so personal conjecture is that she just threw out the tour to fund the biopic and create positive views to repair her image and create interest. This tour was relatively limited especially for a greatest hits tour so again personal conjecture, she wanted the tour done fast with the original ending to be in dec 2023. Her getting sick and almost dying really fucked up plans because 2024 was empty, again personal conjecture, for the film. Im sure like you said reissues etc were all being worked on and her getting sick messed up the schedule.

The "Dark Ballet" cryptic post could have been about the "Madame X Tour" film. Rumor back then is she was trying to get it to Netflix, but they demanded more closeups - that's why she shot those later on studio around that time - and then they demanded more changes and she said "f**k off" and ended up getting a deal with MTV/Paramount +.

I just don’t think she is interested in expanded releases now - there is no sense to not have had ONE now in nearly 3 years - now the tour is over she will focus on the movie which to me just seems a waste of time now - she has not done any songs with pat Leonard either so i don’t know why that rumour is mentioned here again - he has said many times he’s not worked with her in over 20 years. 

3 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I just don’t think she is interested in expanded releases now - there is no sense to not have had ONE now in nearly 3 years - now the tour is over she will focus on the movie which to me just seems a waste of time now - she has not done any songs with pat Leonard either so i don’t know why that rumour is mentioned here again - he has said many times he’s not worked with her in over 20 years. 

I don't think it matters whether she wants to release expanded reissues or not. She's on contract and has to deliver the goods.

Now, as we all know, Madonna is very slow, so it takes an absurd amount of time... But they'll come.

I think she'll release them when she works on the movie, to keep us happy. 

12 minutes ago, Celebration said:

I don't think it matters whether she wants to release expanded reissues or not. She's on contract and has to deliver the goods.

Now, as we all know, Madonna is very slow, so it takes an absurd amount of time... But they'll come.

We don't know the reach of the new 2021 agreement though. Could be a deal with a pre-agreement to deliver the reissues every X amount of time (I remember in her old Warner contract she was meant to deliver a studio album every X years) or just a general agreement with later individual contracts for each project. We don't know.

She delivered "Finally Enough Love" anyway and that worked quite well for Warner (her longest chart run in the UK in ages) so I'm sure they're happy with it so far.

We'll see.

29 minutes ago, Celebration said:

I haven’t seen the contract but perhaps it didn’t say anything in there saying she had to deliver expanded album re-releases ? 

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Why would she be writing songs with Pat for a movie about her life? Wouldn’t she be featuring songs from her past in it? Makes no sense. 

I would assume to have an original song to play either end credits or something. Not sure why that would be hard to make sense of.

12 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I would assume to have an original song to play either end credits or something. Not sure why that would be hard to make sense of.

Not a far fetch idea at all.  All during the Biopic possibility, I had thought it would be a good idea to write a new song for it as well.  A lot of people would tune in to her Biopic (whether good or not) and it's a great way to merge the old with the new. Also, a great promotional tool for a new song.  :luv:

40 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Because you said songs, not song. But anyway, this rumour has been debunked.

Yes, songs because do you really think only one song would come out of a session with madonna? Lol especially for a biopic. 

37 minutes ago, Donna said:

Not a far fetch idea at all.  All during the Biopic possibility, I had thought it would be a good idea to write a new song for it as well.  A lot of people would tune in to her Biopic (whether good or not) and it's a great way to merge the old with the new. Also, a great promotional tool for a new song.  :luv:

Of course it isn't. Not sure why people act as if I said something crazy lol 

And yes! I always say, i was never a queen fan yet I went to go see Bohemian Rhapsody. I mean look at the success of Fued...people love stories based on real people especially celebrities. Even my sister asks me when the biopic is finally coming out. Maybe I finally turned her into a fan though 🤔 

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Of course it isn't. Not sure why people act as if I said something crazy lol 

And yes! I always say, i was never a queen fan yet I went to go see Bohemian Rhapsody. I mean look at the success of Fued...people love stories based on real people especially celebrities. Even my sister asks me when the biopic is finally coming out. Maybe I finally turned her into a fan though 🤔 

Yes, it's not even an inventive idea.  Artists have been known to release new songs with biopics and documentaries.  In 1993, Tina Turner specifically recorded "I Don't Wanna Fight" for her autobiography.  Elton John wrote a new song for Rocket-man which won an Academy Award called (I'm Gonna) Love Me Again.  So yeah, I can see Madonna writing a new song for her biopic if not collaborating with someone from her past on a new song for a biopic. :)

19 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

If the biopic is next in her agenda we wont be getting much else in the meantime - look how long she spent on W.E. ( very underrated movie imo ) she rushed MDNA during that time and the rest is history ( just repeat history … ) 😙🤔

Honesty, I don't think she has a much chance with that movie currently.

Hollywood is in pretty shitty situation right now with movies not earning enough in cinemas, the era of biopics is long gone after Bohemian Rhapsody (and few other biopics completely failed in a meantime, even the one with Whitney), so she will have trouble finding a production company and proper budget. The deal with Universal was obviously canceled and other big studios don't seem to be particularly interested in this project. Maybe she can try series instead of movie and streaming but I don't think that "small screen" would be accepted by her, moreover she said "fuck you" to Netflix with Madame X Tour before, so... 

Maybe it's just my wish, but I really think the whole idea of movie was pushed forward only because she was bored during covid and writing script, but noone, including her, is truly interested in that movie at the moment. 

Even if very theoretically so, no major studio let her direct, so then it shouldn't be any tough schedule for her. She wrote a script, and that's it, the rest will be handled by others. 

I would like to think we will get a deluxe set for Like a Virgin in November, but as time goes by I’m not so sure anymore. I think the reality is we would have heard something by now. Even just a crumb, but it’s been radio silence where the deluxe reissues are concerned. She normally likes to tease us like she did with the insta stories of her in the studio working on FEL, which at the time was REMIX REVOLUTION. November is now six months away. From what I have read, vinyl at the moment is taking up to 6 months to be pressed and finalised. If she has not been working on the LAV reissue whilst she has been on tour, which I doubt she has been, I just can’t see a release being ready for November. I think the only option for any sort of hope now is a pre order and press release actually on the anniversary date of the album. 

5 hours ago, Donna said:

Yes, it's not even an inventive idea.  Artists have been known to release new songs with biopics and documentaries.  In 1993, Tina Turner specifically recorded "I Don't Wanna Fight" for her autobiography.  Elton John wrote a new song for Rocket-man which won an Academy Award called (I'm Gonna) Love Me Again.  So yeah, I can see Madonna writing a new song for her biopic if not collaborating with someone from her past on a new song for a biopic. :)

Yup. It'll definitely be interesting. I'm really hoping it's done by A24 as they seem to really be the perfect example of art + commerce done absolutely right. Idk if you're really into film but damn, they've done alot of great films. Tbh if we're getting into this scenario I'd rather the film turnout out like Priscilla than the Elvis film. I think fans are too worried about criticism at this time but once she's long gone it's definitely going to have a different set of eyes that will see the effort and hard work. Anyway, I really hope it's still happening.