MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume at this point that the plans have changed. She clearly hasn’t “curated” a deluxe album release yet otherwise we would have had at least one by now. And with her now being on tour until at least April 2024, I can’t see her having the time to sit down and work on curating a reissue. I also think it’s quite telling that we’re suddenly getting the True Blue and Ray of Light albums released yet again on standard vinyl. They’re both “landmark” albums in my book. 

On 11/23/2023 at 1:34 AM, McDonna said:

Totally makes sense too. Of course, we're just speculating, but we've seen no expansive deluxe set for the first album, so the conclusion one has to make is that there are specific albums considered "landmark" (by the powers that be) that are worthy of an expansive deluxe set to be released. But as I've said all along, this is just one part of the deal they made. Other things have been going on.  It's been said this is a multi-year deal, and nothing was given a specific time frame to be released either, other than them stating the universal albums will be part of the catalog by 2025. Multi-years could mean anything.  It can mean 5, 10, 15 or 20 years.  I'm not saying it's going to be 20 years, but there is no limit to the term "multi-years".  As some already expressed here, obviously Warner and Madonna have been working on her digital and streaming catalog even before making this deal public.  Since then we've gotten several curated projects, namely FEL which was only released in 2021.   We've had a lot of things happening between that time and now with digital and streaming updates.  So as boring or uninterested as some fans are of that, it doesn't mean the deal isn't still on.  I personally believe a re-issue of an deluxe set will happen eventually. It's easy to think that LAV might be the "landmark" album they are aiming for.  We still have a year for that anniversary to take place, we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next year. 

Also hilarious to think that we might be on a second leg of Celebration tour when we hit LAV40 and she performs exactly zero songs from the album on said tour. Only Madonna 

7 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Also hilarious to think that we might be on a second leg of Celebration tour when we hit LAV40 and she performs exactly zero songs from the album on said tour. Only Madonna 

Well, Brazil had this as a 1985 special edition:

images.jpeg-8.jpg.534a68c73596eb87fc1b31d5b3de623f.jpg Source: https://www.acervocult.com.br/peca.asp?ID=9284145

Guess this was the main reason why ITG (yes I am doing acronyms) was chosen as the "Like a Virgin song" for Sticky & Sweet Tour 2008 edition. In case of you don't know what I talk about, every M studio album/OST album to M's proeminent presence had a representant for this tour setlist.

I consider the 1985 issue of Like a Virgin with into the groove to be the standard one. I just can't imagine that song not being included on the album.

I was and am still annoyed they used the 2001 copies of the first three albums on The Complete Studio Albums (1983–2008) box set that came out in 2012

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I consider the 1985 issue of Like a Virgin with into the groove to be the standard one. I just can't imagine that song not being included on the album.

Me too! I'd buy a CD version of such edition!

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I was and am still annoyed they used the 2001 copies of the first three albums on The Complete Studio Albums (1983–2008) box set that came out in 2012

Well, Brendan, maybe Warner has seen the 2001 remasters as the "definitive" ones, because of... You know...

1 hour ago, dave2290 said:

@Brendanlovesu1 i dont Know why there is such level of totally dont care attitude.... with the huge catalogue M have they can live amazingly for years only with that songs.... you know how many compilation dolly parton and her team put out? 222

Madonna's past and present deals to Warner have prevented the latter to do something in the vein of Dolly/Kylie large number of GH's. However, thanks to Terry Blamey's management, Kylie's able since 2016 to impede any unauthorized GH album. The Confide in Me 2016 version CD was the last one of a long list.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

I am convinced there will be reissues of Madonna's albums.

Not anniversaries. 

Cyndi Lauper's She's So Unusual was released in 1983, and the 30th anniversary was released in 2014...
Twisted Sister's Under The Blade was released in 1982. The 40th anniversary was released last month...

Prince's Purple Rain, 1999, Sign Of The Times and Diamonds And Pearls reissues was just released without any kind of anniversary tied to them and I think Madonna's reissues will be the same.

I think it's all been delayed, but I fully expect her albums to all receive colored vinyl reissues. Every backwater artist and their mother has been releasing their projects on vinyl, whether they're new albums or old. It's a lucrative and well-demanded product again. Combined with the nostalgia era we're in, I can't see them missing out on the easiest cash grab opportunity they've had available to them in years.

I would love a lot MORE than just that (aka luxurious box sets), but I think colorful vinyls are the minimum we'll certainly get.

39 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

@Celebration. @WokeUpInMedellin for sure they will put out something but they al so waste a lot of opportunities. ...

I don't think so.

Remember the day Finally Enough Love was announced, out of the blue?
Everybody went to her online store and bought like crazy, and the vinyl box set sold out in no time.

We will buy the reissues, regardless of when they're released. Madonna and her crew knows this, so they take their sweet time.

Missed opportumity? No.

Edited by Celebration
I had more to say (see edit history)

29 minutes ago, Celebration said:

We will buy the reissues, regardless of when they're released. Madonna and her crew knows this, so they take their sweet time.

Missed opportumity? No.

Some might, but having been a fan for close to 40 years.... there is no way I am going to buy the same old records just because they are released on a colored vinyl... or put on a G.H without anything slightly interesting that I do not already have...

40 minutes ago, Anderledes said:

Some might, but having been a fan for close to 40 years.... there is no way I am going to buy the same old records just because they are released on a colored vinyl... or put on a G.H without anything slightly interesting that I do not already have...

My bad.

I don't buy colored vinyls either. I have the original pressings, and they're all I need.

I meant expanded and remastered reissues. 

Im legit more interested in a beautifully curated comprehensive Greatest Hits series with new art work and notes than a coloured vinyl of Like A Virgin. It feels like now is the time. I'd even prefer a Madonna Curated greatest hits. Her favourite songs or versions even if it's probably a commercial miss. I wont buy a single special edition unless it has new content. I think most of us are the same tbh. 

with all the remixes she make and collaboration  she make in the last year and half t hey can put out an amazing GH....

celebration gh not only had an amazing booklet with mr brainwash, but also two songs , totally original, celebration and revolver that i find perfect for that period , the end of summer when the gh was out....

celebration is the only album of her with 1 billion streams....actually 2,987.... near 3 billion (next month), so was very smart to had this album out

Edited by dave2290 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Im legit more interested in a beautifully curated comprehensive Greatest Hits series with new art work and notes than a coloured vinyl of Like A Virgin. It feels like now is the time. I'd even prefer a Madonna Curated greatest hits. Her favourite songs or versions even if it's probably a commercial miss. I wont buy a single special edition unless it has new content. I think most of us are the same tbh. 

I feel this is what Warner was aiming at when Madonna was approached and decided not to do the typical Greatest Hits and instead went for Finally Enough Love celebrating all her biggest dance club hits.  I think that was a genius idea.  Anyone can create a playlist of their favorite Madonna hits, so this did offer something a bit different than what was already out there. 

Celebration is probably the quintessential greatest hits of her career at least up to 2009.  But after that, she really didn't have anything as huge as the songs included on Celebration. It's definitely a great go-to for casual fans and the general public as well as anyone wanting to experience most of her biggest and greatest hits.  Hardcore fans most likely will never be sold on anything 100% because they are always looking for something better and more concise.  The thing is; her catalog and career is so diverse, you'll never get all fans to agree on the same thing, so pleasing them will never happen. 

I agree that for future special editions, it really should include something new to it. Otherwise, I'm not going to buy it, unless it comes in a format I might not have yet, such as Vinyl.  For instance, if Celebration is re-issued on vinyl, I'm snatching that baby up.  I'd probably do the same with GHV2 and few other things that never were available on Vinyl.

As for the expanded re-issues of her landmark albums, I have come to the conclusion that they will be selective albums from her career that had the biggest impact.  Like A Virgin seems like the likely candidate for the first one.  My guess they are waiting for the 40th Anniversary to roll around being the Warner deal came about because of her 40 years in the business. It's so easy for us avid fans to think her debut album deserved to get a re-issue, but now that I think about it, it was Like A Virgin that put her on the map world-wide.  It wasn't until after that many people went back to the first album, and lapped that up.  That tends to happen with any artist breaks through in such a phenomenal way.  People go back to their earlier work and at least give it a listen.

We'll have to see what happens this next year.  I do think something will most likely happen with LAV40.