MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

and then what happens if we dont get an expanded release this year - are people finally going to take notice of our frustration here . why has her team and kevin gore been so silent about all this ??? are they focusing on the prince re-issues now ? not that i would complain - his box sets have been amazing and i wish/hope M is planning something like this - im not taking notice of any anniversaries now or thinking FEL was a surprise and amazing treat - a lot of it was poorly mastered too which some people have also forgotten (Love profusion being the worst on that ) 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Gonzus said:

That's exactly what I was meaning when I said  "confusing", "random" and talked about the lack of a marketing plan. Some schedule would be helpful in order to start saving money to buy those items. I live outside the US so for me these things are hugely expensive.

It's hugely expensive wherever you live.  I understand your frustration, but never in the history of music have I heard an artist or record company feeling the need to forewarn fans to save their moeny for a re-issue.  It just happens. If anything, they already forewarned you that certain projects are in the works back in 2021.  So wouldn't that tell you then to start saving your pennies?

Madonna and the record industry isn't here to conveniently release things based on your budget.  It's not "personal".   There's nothing confusing about this. They laid out a long term plan of them cultivating her catalog.  They laid out what they possibly will be doing in this deal. So it's not up to them to know your personal finances to suit when you can buy their products.  After all, there are many people who will spurge on these products no matter what their budget is.  :)

7 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

and then what happens if we dont get an expanded release this year - are people finally going to take notice of our frustration here . why has her team and kevin gore been so silent about all this ??? are they focusing on the prince re-issues now ? not that i would complain - his box sets have been amazing and i wish/hope M is planning something like this - im not taking notice of any anniversaries now or thinking FEL was a surprise and amazing treat - a lot of it was poorly mastered too which some people have also forgotten (Love profusion being the worst on that ) 

Then we won't get one.  I am not frustrated about this at all because I know it will eventually happen.  Maybe the reason no one is specifically mentioning it, is because it's still under wraps.  What's there to tell?  It's not like we don't know already this has been in the works. I am quite confident by November of this year, it will not go pass without a huge acknowledgement of the album that made her a household name around the planet.  Whether something was "poorly mastered" doesn't change it still happened.  It still is part of the deal.  At the end of the day, some of the complaints here are very subjective. 

Girls lets' be real one of us could probably do a better job of uploading her digital singles in a single afternoon. They've stopped sourcing rare versions and the scans are poor. They're dragging it out like a mother fucker and offering these little side plates because no main course has been served from her in nearly five years. Some reissued picture discs, some cute (at times) features and a fairly decent and almost comprehensive remix album...which is essentially what the remix eps are anyway. 

I'm not hating I'm just being real.

Team Madonna has essentially been this for half a decade now. 

ea88e257e7ad7ae916b35c9c324f12d42cc2fb69

37 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Girls lets' be real one of us could probably do a better job of uploading her digital singles in a single afternoon. They've stopped sourcing rare versions and the scans are poor. They're dragging it out like a mother fucker and offering these little side plates because no main course has been served from her in nearly five years. Some reissued picture discs, some cute (at times) features and a fairly decent and almost comprehensive remix album...which is essentially what the remix eps are anyway. 

same!

with her huge catalogue we can have much more.... and fast....... Lots of box set...... remixes album, unreleased albums.....

We all know that time moves differently for Madonna - the infamous #soon - I mean, she teased the release of the red rooster performance -never happened lol

I do believe and agree, she does in fact approve everything - but, probably isn't so focussed on the detail (i.e. picture quality of the release) but more about the substance (the track list).

There's plenty of time to do re issues - and she's been serving this to us already with the single release campaign, the RSD releases, etc.

Hopefully though this year we'll get the first 'expanded' re-release of an album. 

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

We all know that time moves differently for Madonna - the infamous #soon - I mean, she teased the release of the red rooster performance -never happened lol

I do believe and agree, she does in fact approve everything - but, probably isn't so focussed on the detail (i.e. picture quality of the release) but more about the substance (the track list).

There's plenty of time to do re issues - and she's been serving this to us already with the single release campaign, the RSD releases, etc.

Hopefully though this year we'll get the first 'expanded' re-release of an album. 

she also teased we'd be getting the pride performance of Material Gworrllllllll! as a music video for that song, and possibly the full pride performance and that didn't happen either :(

MT: Several images by Herb Ritts were considered for the True Blue album cover, among them the ones that later became the Papa Don't Preach and True Blue single photos and another amazing image that remains unreleased. Who was responsible in the end for choosing the final cover image?

JH: The final cover image was chosen by Madonna, myself and Jeff Ayeroff - Creative Director at WB at the time. It was so strong, it just became the natural choice.

MT: Obviously you were then involved in the making of the singles' covers, adapting the rejected lp cover shots to the single releases.
Did Madonna had to approve the singles covers?

JH: She approved everything, along with her management. And in the course of designing the album package there are often 2nd or 3rd 'choices' that we hold out for single sleeve artwork.

The JH is Jeri Heiden, the woman in charge of the cover design of many Madonna albums, among them, Like A Virgin, Like A Prayer, You Can Dance and True Blue.

So Madonna does sign off on everything for those who think she doesn't

6 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

MT: Several images by Herb Ritts were considered for the True Blue album cover, among them the ones that later became the Papa Don't Preach and True Blue single photos and another amazing image that remains unreleased. Who was responsible in the end for choosing the final cover image?

JH: The final cover image was chosen by Madonna, myself and Jeff Ayeroff - Creative Director at WB at the time. It was so strong, it just became the natural choice.

MT: Obviously you were then involved in the making of the singles' covers, adapting the rejected lp cover shots to the single releases.

JH: She approved everything, along with her management. And in the course of designing the album package there are often 2nd or 3rd 'choices' that we hold out for single sleeve artwork.

The JH is Jeri Heiden, the woman in charge of the cover design of many Madonna albums, among them, Like A Virgin, Like A Prayer, You Can Dance and True Blue.

She's a control freak - and a perfectionist - 

7 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Why would anyone question that?

11 minutes ago, Jackie said:

She's a control freak - and a perfectionist - 

She is. but not simply because of this. It's typical for a lot of artists to be very involved in the image used for their album and single covers.  I don't blame any artist for wanting to have a say, because there are some who don't get that say, especially early on in their career, and the record company could easily misrepresent who they are by choosing the wrong photo.

Tom Petty was pissed that the record company picked the photo for his sophomore release where he's in a leather jacket where he is smirking.  He was like. "really, you chose that particular expression for the album?"  The same happened to John Mellencamp with one of his album covers. His sophomore album was shelved completely by the record company he left, until they released it after a couple successful albums from him in the 80's with another record company.  The picture the previous record company chose of him looks like a teen twink and that wasn't the image he ever wanted to portray.

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

It is reality, consistently obviously very bad, We are starving.

8 hours ago, Gonzus said:

None of the above. I'm only expressing an opinion, and I think that being a fan since 1985 entitles me to.  Which are the "releases" you mention? Could you please list them? I'm leaving out digital releases, which are random and sparse anyway, with absolutely no cohesion or a specific order. There's no campaign either, or marketing plan. No album was remastered, there were no reissues or expanded editions in physical format of any of them. So, I don't think this Warner thing came to fruition so far. The word I'd use is "confusing".

I'm sorry you feel confused.

Ok so far under the 2021 deal, Madonna / Rhino has released: 

Who's That Girl - Super Club Mix 12" EP 

Finally Enough Love - multi formats and later a reissue box set on rainbow vinyl

Erotica 30th anniversary picture disc reproduction

Everybody 40th anniversary edition 12" 

American Life Mix Show Mix EP 

Also recently the True Blue Silver vinyl edition and up next is the Celebration 4LP reissue

We also go the Madame X live vinyl and picture disc.

In terms of marketing, you might have missed the extensive marketing campaign for FEL

6 hours ago, Gonzus said:

FEL was released in may formats, ok , never said otherwise. I think I'm not making myself clear enough. And then??{}

You said yourself: "The idea is to...", but when will THAT happen? It's been 2 years already and no album was reissued. AND, no maxi-singles were reissued on physical format either. Let's see what happens, but thank God I keep my maxis from the 90's.

BTW, do you work for Warner? (Joke)

When this announcement was made, we didn't know Madonna was going to have surgery for a hip issue. We didn't know the biopic would be postponed. We didn't know Madonna would almost die in ICU. We didn't know about the Celebration tour.

Plans change, life gets in the way.

They were never going to re-release maxi singles in physical formats in 2022/2023/2024 - there's no money in that.

We did have the following physical items released in the past 2 years however:

• Finally Enough Love (1 LP/1CD)
  • Finally Enough Love (Box Set/3CD)
  • Erotica Picture Disc
  • Who's that Girl/Causing a Commotion (RSD 12")
  • American Life Mixshow (RSD LP)
  • Madame X Tour Experience (3LP)

That's more than a lot of "current" artists released outside of Taylor Swift. We have actually been spoiled beyond belief, when we include all the digital singles we've had over the past 2 years as well.

I know you will argue that this stuff is all "nothing new' - but new things take time, vinyl itself takes 6 months to press. Things will come, just either bite your tongue and wait for it, or move on and buy a Belinda Carlisle box set.

28 minutes ago, cabbageboy said:

When this announcement was made, we didn't know Madonna was going to have surgery for a hip issue. We didn't know the biopic would be postponed. We didn't know Madonna would almost die in ICU. We didn't know about the Celebration tour.

Plans change, life gets in the way.

They were never going to re-release maxi singles in physical formats in 2022/2023/2024 - there's no money in that.

We did have the following physical items released in the past 2 years however:

• Finally Enough Love (1 LP/1CD)
  • Finally Enough Love (Box Set/3CD)
  • Erotica Picture Disc
  • Who's that Girl/Causing a Commotion (RSD 12")
  • American Life Mixshow (RSD LP)
  • Madame X Tour Experience (3LP)

That's more than a lot of "current" artists released outside of Taylor Swift. We have actually been spoiled beyond belief, when we include all the digital singles we've had over the past 2 years as well.

I know you will argue that this stuff is all "nothing new' - but new things take time, vinyl itself takes 6 months to press. Things will come, just either bite your tongue and wait for it, or move on and buy a Belinda Carlisle box set.

I don't think Madame X should count into the "spanning career" thing. It's a whole new release. And "Record store day" releases don't count either.

6 hours ago, McDonna said:

It's hugely expensive wherever you live.  I understand your frustration, but never in the history of music have I heard an artist or record company feeling the need to forewarn fans to save their moeny for a re-issue.  It just happens. If anything, they already forewarned you that certain projects are in the works back in 2021.  So wouldn't that tell you then to start saving your pennies?

Madonna and the record industry isn't here to conveniently release things based on your budget.  It's not "personal".   There's nothing confusing about this. They laid out a long term plan of them cultivating her catalog.  They laid out what they possibly will be doing in this deal. So it's not up to them to know your personal finances to suit when you can buy their products.  After all, there are many people who will spurge on these products no matter what their budget is.  :)

LOL you defend Warner so ardently. It's odd. Not to be mistaken, I'm glad she's back in Warner but I do still think the project is not well planned.