Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

From Music Week, UK

The second single taken from his new HBO drama The Idol – following Future collaboration Double Fantasy, which reached No.14 in May – Popular (No.21, 15,329 sales) is the landmark 50th hit for The Weeknd since his 2012 chart debut. The Canadian is accompanied on the track by American rapper Playboi Carti, who secures his fourth hit, and… Madonna. The track provides Ms. Ciccone with her 71st hit. It is her first since 2015 when Living For Love reached No.26 immediately after she performed it (and took a tumble) at The BRIT Awards, and her highest charting hit since Celebration reached No.3 in 2009. Her new Sam Smith collaboration, Vulgar, dropped today.

6.3 mil streams yesterday 

Pre-digital era female artists on Spotify (June 8)

1. @shakira 17.4M
2. Beyonce 14.08M
3. @shreyaghoshal 7.79M
4. @Sia 6.92M
5. @Pink 6.42M
6. @Madonna 6.29M
7. @thealkayagnik 6.13M
8. BritneySpears 4.92M
9. @MariahCarey 3.74M
10. #LataMangeshkar 3.21M
11. @aliciakeys 3.12M

27 minutes ago, tscott said:

Hey @Prayerand @f78k, based on streaming alone so far, do you think there is a good possibility for another Billboard Hot 100 entry?  If I'm correct, streaming may not weigh as much as radio spins, but if there still is enough streams, it still can chart.  Isn't that what happened with Bitch, I'm Madonna?

We will only know about the streams for the first day tomorrow… 🤞🏻

Just now, f78k said:

We will only know about the streams for the first day tomorrow… 🤞🏻

I'll be curious how they will compare to Popular's first day out.  My prediction Vulgar will probably have a high impact, but from there it could just fizzle (especially among the general public) or do the opposite and just keep going.  I know most of the fans are on board, but unfortunately that won't be enough to make the song a huge hit. I'm also curious if radio will play this song as well. 

"Vulgar" is also on New Music Friday thanks to Sam's commercial power so that should help. I'd say a decent UK debut is likely. US who knows. It's more of an Euro track, anyway.

We'll see the first results tomorrow. It has replay value so that should help too.

"Popular" up today to 19.508.698 streams, by the way.

3 hours ago, Sillynate said:

What do “playlists” and “playlist reach” mean?? I assume playlists is official Spotify playlists that have the song in it and playlist reach is user created playlists that have it

Playlists is the numbers of playlists in which the song is featured, but I guess they only count playlists that have at least a certain number of followers (not individual/private playlists). Those include playlists officially created/curated by Spotify, but not exclusively. 
Playlist Reach is the cumulative total of followers of those playlists. It gives an indication of the number of people a song could potentially reach (of course people can listen to a playlist without following it, and many followers rarely or never listen to the playlists).

I hope this helps. Maybe someone here has a better knowledge of how this works.

Latest playlisting status for Vulgar:

IMG_7468.jpeg