Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

2 hours ago, milingo83 said:

06/06 - 29,817,210 (+848,578) *NEW PEAK*

WW #133 (+09) *NEW PEAK* 

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

"Popular" up to 14.407.477 streams today.

1 hour ago, JustinTimes said:

It's up to number 19 on the UK midweek charts.

And #43 on U.S. Billboard.  Thank you guys for all your updates.  I'm enthralled by this and can't wait to see if Popular keeps going hard.  I'm hoping Sam Smith's and Madonna's song Vulgar will push her streams through the roof.  This is so fun to watch unfolding right in front of us.

6.19 mil streams yesterday

Pre-digital era female artists on Spotify (June 7)

1. @shakira 17.6M
2. Beyonce 14.25M
3. @shreyaghoshal 7.8M
4. @Sia 7.09M
5. @Pink 6.28M
6. @Madonna 6.19M
7. @thealkayagnik 6.1M
8. BritneySpears 4.92M
9. @MariahCarey 3.7M
10. #LataMangeshkar 3.26M
11. @aliciakeys 3.17M

24 minutes ago, f78k said:

That should make it Madonna’s 62nd most streamed song ever, already…

Well let's update her Top 40, 5 days after "Popular", to see how things are going. :-)

Marked with "->" the ones that changed in these five days and their respective new peaks.

- Updated All Time Top 40 (Official, not merged):

01. Material Girl ("Celebration" Version): 343M -> 345M

02. Hung Up: 326M -> 328M

03. La Isla Bonita: 287M -> 288M

04. Like A Prayer ("Celebration" Version): 274M -> 275M

05. 4 Minutes ("Celebration" Version): 232M -> 234M

06. Like A Virgin ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 227M -> 228M

07. Vogue ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 190M

08. Frozen (Sickick Remix): 132M -> 133M

09. Papa Don't Preach: 106M -> 107M

10. Crazy For You: 105M

11. Into The Groove: 100M

12. Bitch I'm Madonna: 90M

13. Like A Prayer ("Like A Prayer" Album Version): 88M -> 89M

14. Holiday ("Madonna" Digital Album Edit Version): 87M -> 88M

15. Holiday ("Celebration"/Original Album Version): 72M -> 73M

16. Frozen ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 68M

17. Medellín: 68M

18. Music: 67M -> 68M

19. Me Against The Music (Britney Spears Feat. Madonna): 55M

20. Levitating (Dua Lipa Remix): 53M

21. Sorry ("Confessions" Album Version): 50M

22. Take A Bow: 48M

23. American Pie: 48M

24. Material Girl ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 47M

25. Like A Virgin ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 47M 

26. Live To Tell: 46M

27. Girl Gone Wild: 45M -> 46M

28. Ray Of Light ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 43M

29. Faz Gostoso: 43M

30. 4 Minutes ("Hard Candy" Album Version): 41M

31. True Blue: 41M

32. Give It 2 Me: 40M

33. The Power Of Good-Bye: 40M

34. Express Yourself ("Celebration" Version): 36M -> 37M

35. Die Another Day: 36M

36. Ghosttown: 36M

37. Jump: 35M

38. Living For Love: 34M

39. Give Me All Your Luvin': 34M

40. Borderline ("Celebration" Version): 33M -> 34M

--

As expected, "Popular" gives her a huge monthly listeners boost but that's not really reflected in her back catalogue... at least not yet. That was to be expected, The Weeknd general public is not exactly Madonna's target, right? But "Popular" remains a great exercise in good PR: creating a "she's back" image so when her next songs are released, with proper exposure and appeal, they can reach more people.

(Watch all this taken back by "Vulgar" tomorrow hahaha).

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

As expected, "Popular" gives her a huge monthly listeners boost but that's not really reflected in her back catalogue. That was to be expected, The Weeknd general public is not exactly Madonna's target, right? But "Popular" remains a great exercise in good PR: creating a "she's back" image so when her next songs are released, with proper exposure and appeal, they can reach more people.

(Watch all this taken back by "Vulgar" tomorrow hahaha).

Thanks once again.  And yes, this definitely is a nice PR moment for her.  My concern is that she is in a sweet spot right now and with Vulgar being released, I can see that changing people's attitudes.  I'll be curious where she goes from here.  No doubt there will be more hate for the Vulgar track from the GP.  Not only for Madonna but for Sam Smith too. But we also know situations like that can also create good publicity. 

If that Max Martin track is ready to go, that should be her next move here. Release it on the eve of the tour and hope a solo track will gain traction for her as well.

8 minutes ago, tscott said:

Thanks once again.  And yes, this definitely is a nice PR moment for her.  My concern is that she is in a sweet spot right now and with Vulgar being released, I can see that changing people's attitudes.  I'll be curious where she goes from here.  No doubt there will be more hate for the Vulgar track from the GP.  Not only for Madonna but for Sam Smith too. But we also know situations like that can also create good publicity. 

If that Max Martin track is ready to go, that should be her next move here. Release it on the eve of the tour and hope a solo track will gain traction for her as well.

Let's see what happens with "Vulgar"... maybe there's some controversy around it but it's not like people have never seen Madonna or Sam being naughty before. I don't think it's going to be too shocking... unless they got a truly provocative music video ready.

In the end she's covering all bases now:

- "Popular": general public

- "Vulgar": LGTBQ+ audience, Pride month, etc. she knows most of her hardcore fans will love this one

- Max Martin: general public, too; hits, blockbuster (probably? There's the "Barbie" movie rumor xd)

In her old good days she seemed to be an expert in playing the bad girl-good girl moves CONSTANTLY. Like being naughty (doing whatever she wanted), then being good (releasing something to please everyone), again and again. "Popular" and "Vulgar" seem like a return to form in that regard... Just when she's having her best Spotify week ever BAM! "VOLGAH" tomorrow. :Madonna009:

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

Let's see what happens with "Vulgar"... maybe there's some controversy around it but it's not like people have never seen Madonna or Sam being naughty before. I don't think it's going to be too shocking... unless they got a truly provocative music video ready.

In the end she's covering all bases now:

- "Popular": general public

- "Vulgar": LGTBQ+ audience, Pride month, etc. she knows most of her hardcore fans will love this one

- Max Martin: general public, too; hits, blockbuster (probably? There's the "Barbie" movie rumor xd)

In her old good days she seemed to be an expert in playing the bad girl-good girl moves CONSTANTLY. Like being naughty (doing whatever she wanted), then being good (releasing something to please everyone), again and again. "Popular" and "Vulgar" seem like a return to form in that regard... Just when she's having her best Spotify week ever BAM! "VOLGAH" tomorrow. :Madonna009:

Yeah, my concern was more of the GP not being as accepting of it as they are of "Popular".  As you know, that's the niche' both artists need to grab for this to really be a huge hit.  I can see some really hating on it.  But as you said, it's hardly shocking and both have been naughty before.  So we'll see where this lands.  And now hearing the actual official release, I'm digging it far more than I originally did.  I always though it was a fun, tongue and cheek song. So I never took it too seriously to even think about disliking it.  It's right up her alley. I was just hoping to hear some sweeter songs from her.

Just now, tscott said:

Yeah, my concern was more of the GP not being as accepting of it as they are of "Popular".  As you know, that's the niche' both artists need to grab for this to really be a huge hit.  I can see some really hating on it.  But as you said, it's hardly shocking and both have been naughty before.  So we'll see where this lands.  And now hearing the actual official release, I'm digging it far more than I originally did.  I always though it was a fun, tongue and cheek song. So I never took it too seriously to even think about disliking it.  It's right up her alley. I was just hoping to hear some sweeter songs from her.

To be honest, I don't think the GP is going to listen to "Vulgar" that much... unless it becomes a big hit, of course.

Let's see if Sam's label brings out the big money for this one - they probably spent it all with "Unholy" last year hehe.

Just now, Prayer said:

To be honest, I don't think the GP is going to listen to "Vulgar" that much... unless it becomes a big hit, of course.

Let's see if Sam's label brings out the big money for this one - they probably spent it all with "Unholy" last year hehe.

See that's what I'm thinking which means, it won't do as well as Popular is doing most likely.  But we can hope that it's really pushed by both Madonna and Sam's teams and possibly it will click. I never knows sometimes because I hear so many awful songs topping the charts, so if they can make it, why not Vulgar??  Could you imagine a song called "Vulgar" topping the charts.  LOL!  I doubt it will, but that would be so hilarious and awesome at the same time.