Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

19 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

It's exactly their strategy.

The collab with The Weeknd is buying her a looooooooooot of streams simply because he's the most streamed artist right now, so her profile and songs are going to bump into a looooooooooot of users' streams. Same with Sam Smith and Christine and The Queens. And maybe a couple of surprises (Max Martin ???)

Since her own profile has a looooooooooot of stamina (never forget that point : it can work because she's the fucking supermegapopstar Madonna with hits and back catalog and fanbase and blabla) and the tour is coming and it seems there is more Madonna cued into the series (remember Kate Bush last year with Stranger Things), she could hit home run and climb to #1 artist for some time (a week at least?) if planets align. Top 10 would be nice...

Yes! A total win for Madonna the more success it gets.  Though with Kate Bush's song, it was played in nearly every episode of the last season of Stranger Things and was a key element to the whole plot of rescuing Max in that show.  Unfortunately, Popular is more of a Weeknd song than Madonna, but I'm happy she's part of this huge success and as you pointed out will definitely impact her own catalog. 

17 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

It's exactly their strategy.

The collab with The Weeknd is buying her a looooooooooot of streams simply because he's the most streamed artist right now, so her profile and songs are going to bump into a looooooooooot of users' streams. Same with Sam Smith and Christine and The Queens. And maybe a couple of surprises (Max Martin ???)

Since her own profile has a looooooooooot of stamina (never forget that point : it can work because she's the fucking supermegapopstar Madonna with hits and back catalog and fanbase and blabla) and the tour is coming and it seems there is more Madonna cued into the series (remember Kate Bush last year with Stranger Things), she could hit home run and climb to #1 artist for some time (a week at least?) if planets align. Top 10 would be nice...

Definitely.

If anything, this collaboration will gain Madonna streams for her own actual songs.

Total win-win.

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

The song is about the series character, not Madonna in particular.

Looking at the lyrics, I think Madonna is talking about herself. Isn't the character from the series a breakout star? "Time's gone by, spend my whole life running from your flashing lights", I think she's talking about herself 

8 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Looking at the lyrics, I think Madonna is talking about herself. Isn't the character from the series a breakout star? "Time's gone by, spend my whole life running from your flashing lights", I think she's talking about herself 

She didn't write the lyrics though.  But I can see how some might relate the song to her.  She's the epitome of "Popular".  Maybe that is one of the reasons she accepted to do the song. 

23 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Madonna didn’t have anything to do with this song so I don’t think it is about her at all.

13 minutes ago, tscott said:

She didn't write the lyrics though.  But I can see how some might relate the song to her.  She's the epitome of "Popular".  Maybe that is one of the reasons she accepted to do the song. 

Like I said in another post, the whole thing is meta as f**k, that's why it works. The Weeknd talking about "her" in a cliché way when he is "her", he's literally done EVERYTHING to be the #1 artist in the world in the last ten years. I don't think he fully owns that contradiction there, but hey. And of course Madonna, epitome of "Popular" of course, "defending herself" in a verse she didn't even write.

It's simple and have layers at the same time.

A pop moment.

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Like I said in another post, the whole thing is meta as f**k, that's why it works. The Weeknd talking about "her" in a cliché way when he is "her", he's literally done EVERYTHING to be the #1 artist in the world in the last ten years. I don't think he fully owns that contradiction there, but hey. And of course Madonna, epitome of "Popular" of course, "defending herself" in a verse she didn't even write.

A pop moment.

I'll be curious if it was just a coincidence or if he had her in mind when writing some of the song.  He admits to be influenced by her with this whole project. 

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

A pop moment.

Did Abel ever speak about Madonna before this track came out?

I don’t pay attention to him but I don’t recall ever reading anything about them before aside from her buying his house.

5 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Did Abel ever speak about Madonna before this track came out?

I don’t pay attention to him but I don’t recall ever reading anything about them before aside from her buying his house.

Not that I remember... maybe? xd

Suddenly him being her biggest fan and talking about wanting to produce a whole album to her... surely lots of stuff has being going on behind the scenes between the two press camps.

I don't complain, this is all perfect for her and what we've been waiting for years.

8 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Not that I remember... maybe? xd

Suddenly him being her biggest fan and talking about wanting to produce a whole album to her... surely lots of stuff has being going on behind the scenes between the two press camps.

I don't complain, this is all perfect for her and what we've been waiting for years.

Yeah, he never spoke of her before.   But as we pointed out in earlier posts, it's possible that when she was pictured in the studio with his management that was the beginning of something.  The series obviously has been in production for a couple years now.  Anne Heche makes an appearance in the series and she died last August. 

And I agree, this is definitely a great boost to her career.  I'm just hoping that with the Sam Smith release next week, it won't put a damper on this because you know the general public isn't going to be as warm to "Vugar" as this song.  The Weeknd alone appeals to more people than Sam Smith.  But who knows?  We'll have to see.

7 hours ago, tscott said:

The whole thing is VERY meta since the show is about a young popstar wanting to be on top and the song is by a popstar on top and features an "older" postar wanting to be back on top. And it is called "Popular", as in "pop".

19 hours ago, PlayPause said:

The whole thing is VERY meta since the show is about a young popstar wanting to be on top and the song is by a popstar on top and features an "older" postar wanting to be back on top. And it is called "Popular", as in "pop".

So have you seen the first episode?  I did!  It's actually not bad! 

14 minutes ago, Prayer said:

New peak: 29M

Up to 29.817.210 monthly listeners and #133 overall.

2 minutes ago, f78k said:

She'll certainly get to 30 M before the release of Vulgar  :Madonna014:

YES!  This is what I thought.  I'm so excited. I'm hoping Vulgar will have a good impact as well.  I'm afraid this one will scare people off.  LOL!