Favourite album cover?

Fabiolous

Favourite Album cover?  

123 members voted

1. 1. What's your favourite album cover?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/22/2022 at 02:06 AM

The one with her lips sealed. It's Madonna's vision and it has a meaning, and it's the one that was printed for the vinyl. The blonde one was probably pushed by the label because they thought blonde Madonna was more recognizable 

I hate the blonde version with her bung left eyeball.

9 hours ago, Vasili said:

I love the shoot and concept but think the cover shot is weak.

The "Music" album cover is safe cause they wanted to a whole lot of records again after the big "Ray Of Light" comeback. Actually both album covers are similar in composition:

264x264-000000-80-0-0.jpg264x264-000000-80-0-0.jpg

I don't think that's unintentional at all.

Also, I think the "Music" cover works quite well with the cold cyber-cowgirl image she was going for with that album. :cute:

Remember Warner wanted to release a greatest hits album in 1999 (!!) but somehow she convinced them to do another new album instead first.

7 hours ago, Prayer said:

The "Music" album cover is safe cause they wanted to a whole lot of records again after the big "Ray Of Light" comeback. Actually both album covers are similar in composition:

264x264-000000-80-0-0.jpg264x264-000000-80-0-0.jpg

I don't think that's unintentional at all.

Also, I think the "Music" cover works quite well with the cold cyber-cowgirl image she was going for with that album. :cute:

Remember Warner wanted to release a greatest hits album in 1999 (!!) but somehow she convinced them to do another new album instead first.

They did the videos collection DVD instead right?

12 minutes ago, Ayham said:

They did the videos collection DVD instead right?

Exactly, the greatest hits album was shelved but "93:99" was released instead (on only, I guess a CD + video companion was planned anyway):

NjMtOTI1NS5qcGVn.jpeg

Here's the original info from March 1999:

On March 15 1999, Madonna’s publicist, Liz Rosenberg, confirmed to MTV News that a tour in support of Ray Of Light had been canceled.  Instead, Madonna would be working on a number of other projects including:

- A new song with Ricky Martin for his next album

- A new song for the Austin Powers 2 soundtrack

- Assembling a new greatest hits album (Liz called it “The Immaculate Collection 2“) with a few new songs

- Starring in a new film, The Next Best Thing, with Rupert Everett

I guess the "new songs" became a brand new album instead, "Music".

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Exactly, the greatest hits album was shelved but "93:99" was released instead (on only, I guess a CD + video companion was planned anyway):

NjMtOTI1NS5qcGVn.jpeg

Here's the original info from March 1999:

On March 15 1999, Madonna’s publicist, Liz Rosenberg, confirmed to MTV News that a tour in support of Ray Of Light had been canceled.  Instead, Madonna would be working on a number of other projects including:

- A new song with Ricky Martin for his next album

- A new song for the Austin Powers 2 soundtrack

- Assembling a new greatest hits album (Liz called it “The Immaculate Collection 2“) with a few new songs

- Starring in a new film, The Next Best Thing, with Rupert Everett

I guess the "new songs" became a brand new album instead, "Music".

When I first discovered this back in 2002 I remember I was looking for the CD version in store lol! The artwork is just breathtaking! 😮 especially for me coz back then I didn’t know about this session for RS magazine. 🙃🥲

so why the ROL tour was cancelled?