WHO'S THAT GIRL IN BLURAY IN SPAIN ON JUNE 6!!!!!

Frank

this thread is worth a look with regards to Spanish Blu-Rays. Many are without question unlicensed releases by their original studio owners, but that doesn’t mean the picture and sound quality will be automatically bad. 
for example; True Lies comes from the original digital theatre masters, and is still to have an international official release. Others do come from HD TV broadcasts... 

So we will have to wait and see what this one looks like.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=299201

14 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Oh I love this film but doubt it will be a great transfer - it need a proper scan by Warner archive who seem to ignore 80s films the last 6 months but I might just buy it anyway as I love it 🥰

The HD transfers from streaming look great. This is not some visual masterpiece and a standard transfer is more than adequate.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2023 at 1:21 AM, madgefan said:

To be honest, I am kinda tired of all the purity conversation on this board. It's like people here don't know how to enjoy things anymore. There's always this overanalysis on what is worth it and what isn't. Chill! 

There is a reason for that. People don’t want to spend money on something mediocre. We are in a recession.

On 5/21/2023 at 5:21 PM, madgefan said:

To be honest, I am kinda tired of all the purity conversation on this board. It's like people here don't know how to enjoy things anymore. There's always this overanalysis on what is worth it and what isn't. Chill! 

Purity conversation? It's just a notice. You are buying a bootleg copy, not an official release (and that doesn’t mean bad picture or sound quality). If you want to buy it, no one is going to stop you.

still waiting for mine to ship too from amazon spain - i hope warners havent got to this and blocked it even though they will never release it on an official disc - i read in another thread that there is some music licence dispute on this and thats why its not been released on official blu-ray - anyone know if thats true ?

33 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

still waiting for mine to ship too from amazon spain - i hope warners havent got to this and blocked it even though they will never release it on an official disc

It wouldn’t be the first time that an official distributor stops a bootleg Blu-ray in Spain. But it could also be production problems.

Susan was a bluray - r, and the quality was bad comprared to the US (or the later released) UK bluray. Now even the official ones are not that great because they didn’t use a new scan. 
Shangai Surprised looked AMAZING, and that wasn’t a bluray-r but a factory pressed one. Was it a bootleg? I thought it was an official release even if only released in Spain. 
The WTG bluray is still “shipping pending” on Amazon Spain. 

22 hours ago, Frank said:

I've just cancelled the Amazon.es order and ordered it from Fnac.es, i'll get it on Monday.

I just got it today! I think it looks really well done in terms of HD on my TV, tbh... it comes in a white bd case, and the disc is also printed with the artwork. I can share some pics if u guys want. It has lots of audio languages and subtitles too. I'm pretty happy with it, looks good on TV!!!!, and, official or not, it's well done and for the 1st time!! we got WTG on BD.

4 minutes ago, Frank said:

I just got it today! I think it looks really well done in terms of HD on my TV, tbh... it comes in a white bd case, and the disc is also printed with the artwork. I can share some pics if u guys want. It has lots of audio languages and subtitles too. I'm pretty happy with it, looks good on TV!!!!, and, official or not, it's well done and for the 1st time!! we got WTG on BD.

Yes please share some pics - is the opening cartoon also zoomed in on and has black bar ? Don’t get why the Amazon rip has that 

16 minutes ago, Frank said:

It is. I just compared both videos at the same time, and yes, it is. But, at least for me, it's great to have it in physical format and with the spanish audio too.

I just can't imagine enjoying it dubbed by another voice.  Madonna's dialect and accents are all part of the charm of this film and her character Nikki FInn.

3 minutes ago, tscott said:

I just can't imagine enjoying it dubbed by another voice.  Madonna's dialect and accents are all part of the charm of this film and her character Nikki FInn.

True, but i grew up listening to the spanish dub, which is really really really funny, so u can imagine it's great for me to have it on BD for the 1st time and with the spanish dub on.

58 minutes ago, Frank said:

True, but i grew up listening to the spanish dub, which is really really really funny, so u can imagine it's great for me to have it on BD for the 1st time and with the spanish dub on.

This. Madonna's Spanish dubs were usually GREAT and "Who's That Girl" is one of the best. Much better than the original!

When I became a fan and started watching her movies, dubbed of course, I remember I used to think "I don't know why people say she's a bad actress!" :Madonna003: They helped A LOT hehehe. Later I discovered the originals...