MDNA Vinyl Repress coming this July

thegoldencalf

1 hour ago, luluthecat said:

I read both the Deluxe RH and Standard MX as being silenced/trying to speak/my truth etc

Oh that might be the case.  I do remember her saying something similar with the Rebel Heart  I don't recall Madonna really stating the same with MX as I thought it was more of an homage to Frida Karlo while some assumed the sewn lips had to do with her mother   :)

1 hour ago, luluthecat said:

I read both the Deluxe RH and Standard MX as being silenced/trying to speak/my truth etc

I do remember her saying something along those lines with the Rebel Heart artwork. As for MX, I think the lips sewn is a nod to her mother along with the cover/Frida. A lot of can be alluded to also her sounding the way she does in God Control as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2023 at 12:58 AM, tscott said:

The artwork is a plus indeed.

I will say that the real plus to current technology such as streaming or digital files, it's easier to carry that with you.  But those who enjoy Vinyl tend to be versatile.  They know that they can't take Vinyl everywhere.  The same with cassettes or CDs.  So those are formats more enjoyed at home.  When I'm buying a Vinyl, the last thing I'm rationalizing is if I can take this and play it just anywhere.  Pretty absurd to think otherwise.   But what I like is that in this day and age, we have an option of many formats to enjoy within the occasion it fits.  :)

Did you just call me versatile?
The nerve of you.

1 hour ago, animalinstinct said:

I preordered and paid for a copy on imusic and they have randomly out the money back into my account with no explanation. Im guessing they don’t ship to the UK? 

But why would they accept your order in the first place if they don't ship to UK?

Did they cancel your order?

Could it be limited stock?

2 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

But why would they accept your order in the first place if they don't ship to UK?

Did they cancel your order?

Could it be limited stock?

I’ve no idea. No email or anything, just the money back into my account.

I had to order from HHV now, it’s more expensive though with shipping etc

2 hours ago, Ayham said:

Really?!!! Why still not available on Amazon??? I believe they will push the release date more further. 

Because it's a European re-issue.  It's not uncommon that other regions re-issue albums.  Though, I suspect somewhere down the road this album will get a wider re-issue and it might relate to the WARNER deal. 

2 hours ago, Ayham said:

Really?!!! Why still not available on Amazon??? I believe they will push the release date more further. 

It would be easier for me to get it from Amazon, but if in the U.S., the fabulous DrownedWorldRecords.com has it for sale at $62.99.

They also say if they can get it cheaper, you will get the difference if the price drops before shipment.

I’ve ordered several things from them and just ordered this.

10 hours ago, tscott said:

Because it's a European re-issue.  It's not uncommon that other regions re-issue albums.  Though, I suspect somewhere down the road this album will get a wider re-issue and it might relate to the WARNER deal. 

But what about Amazon UK? Seems weird tbh.

3 hours ago, Ayham said:

But what about Amazon UK? Seems weird tbh.

I suspect it's a small printing, so it may not make it to major retailers.  But then again, anyone can sell on Amazon, so a smaller record wharehouse or such that sells through Amazon could sell some.  It could be as well available on the US Amazon but imported?  Though, if I were you I wouldn't wait for that. If you can order from one of the links provided so far, I'd do it. Most countries can order from them and have it shipped to them.