MDNA Vinyl Repress coming this July

thegoldencalf

The price rockets once they become scarce. It's mostly people selling their own copies so they can charge what they like, or whatever someone is willing to pay.

Record companies should not be working under the same principle. They control the supply so they have a moral responsibility to not charge reseller prices. Their price needs to bear some resemblance to the cost of producing it. 

On 6/15/2023 at 3:10 AM, Curator said:

The price rockets once they become scarce. It's mostly people selling their own copies so they can charge what they like, or whatever someone is willing to pay.

Record companies should not be working under the same principle. They control the supply so they have a moral responsibility to not charge reseller prices. Their price needs to bear some resemblance to the cost of producing it. 

While I agree, prices are ridiculously high, I don't see how a Record company has "a moral responsibility to not charge reseller prices" when their whole deal is to make money.  What better way to ask for a hefty price for something, when they state or even allude, that there is only a limited supply going to be available.  After all, they aren't going re-mass produce an old Madonna album that didn't sell very well in the first place. But I can't fault anyone taking the opportunity to charge what they want for something they suddenly see is in demand.  I personally don't think MDNA is in such a demand that any company is going to mass produce thousands and thousands copies on Vinyl.  I don't believe that many people are looking for a copy.  But if they re-issue enough copies and sell it at a hefty price, they at least will make some sort of profit, rather mass produce them and then have to discount them greatly to just get rid of them.  The latter unfortunately still can happen in any case, but as stated, if you limited the amount of copies produce or even do a pre-order before they are all printed, you can produce what is needed and hopefully make a profit. 

47 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

It seems like Taiwan imported version will have a OBI.

I'll order that version.

Do you mean like how they have been opening the packaging and simply adding an obi to another country's pressing and then resealing and selling for extreme prices?

Example

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/155558744284?

32 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

Do you mean like how they have been opening the packaging and simply adding an obi to another country's pressing and then resealing and selling for extreme prices?

Example

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/155558744284?

EU pressing made for sale in Taiwan.

Like what I'd mentioned, the local distributor need to add a local language OBI in order for the local consumers to understand & purchase.

Example: RN deluxe CD, made in USA but Taiwan Interscope added an OBI

MzAtMTY1MS5qcGVn.jpeg

You can get it from Taiwan record store at a normal price if you happen to be there (provided there's stock).

It's the scalpers who bought it and reselling at extreme price on eBay / Discogs.

5 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

It seems like Taiwan imported version will have a OBI.

I'll order that version.

I think the only collectible obi pressings are the ones manufactured specifically in that country.

I still find it funny how resellers try to sell at outrageous prices the Taiwanese MadameX vinyl just because they added a little obi to the imported pressings 

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I still find it funny how resellers try to sell at outrageous prices the Taiwanese MadameX vinyl just because they added a little obi to the imported pressings 

Whenever I come across listing from them on discogs or eBay, I couldn't help to roll my eyes.

I hope NO ONE would spend a single penny on them EVER! 

I took me a few years to finally get a copy of MX Taiwanese picture disc with Interscope OBI via local auction site for a reasonable resell price $90 (original retail price was $70. Thanks to my Taiwanese friend).

9 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

She looks absolutely amazing on the e standard cover of  Madame X. She looks just like her mother. The scarf cover is good but it looks like Les Miserables album cover 😅

I love the scarf one, but I agree she looks amazing on the standard cover.  Obviously, it's not your typical glamour shot from her.  She definitely was making a statement with that cover.  :)

4 hours ago, tscott said:

I love the scarf one, but I agree she looks amazing on the standard cover.  Obviously, it's not your typical glamour shot from her.  She definitely was making a statement with that cover.  :)

But isn’t it making the same statement as Rebel Heart? Also hate the close crop and the ‘Frida’ placement of Madonna. 

The scarf cover makes me think of the Communist Working Women posters

5 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

But isn’t it making the same statement as Rebel Heart? Also hate the close crop and the ‘Frida’ placement of Madonna. 

The scarf cover makes me think of the Communist Working Women posters

Which RH cover?  Though, I don't see any resemblance in the statements each of covers make between RH and MX.  But I guess it's pretty subjective.