MDNA Vinyl Repress coming this July

thegoldencalf

10 minutes ago, Crazy For M said:
16 hours ago, rw2316 said:
Yes it was in stock at the time. What does ordered on demand mean exactly?

I take it to mean: They haven't ordered the item in bulk, so they will order it according to demand. So if 10 people place an order that item, they will order 10 for those customers, for example.

It simply means they don't have it in stock right now = directly in their warehouse. But once you order (you make a demand) they will order it via their supplier. It will take longer until it ships to you, but that's it. You don't need to wait until 10 or more people place an order or anything else. 

It simply means they don't have it in stock right now = directly in their warehouse. But once you order (you make a demand) they will order it via their supplier. It will take longer until it ships to you, but that's it. You don't need to wait until 10 or more people place an order or anything else. 

I didn't mean they would wait for 10 people and then order, lol. That was just random number. But if my post seems like it meant that and it was confusing, then sorry - that wasn't my intention

42 minutes ago, mrsciccone said:

On my copy manufactured US. I received it 2 weeks ago. Orderd from jpc.de

Looks like there's two versions of the reissue, one Made in the Netherlands and one Made in USA. 

To differentiate, the original European version states Made in the EU and the original US version has the hype sticker, which the reissue doesn't. 

1 hour ago, mrsciccone said:

On my copy manufactured US. I received it 2 weeks ago. Orderd from jpc.de

IMG_7603.jpeg

Interesting to see that you ordered from German shop and still got an US copy. 

I would expect they are going to do what most artists are doing these days to keep shipping cost at lower lever = US copies are pressed in US factories and sent to US customers mostly, and EU copies are pressed in EU (usually in Netherlands, Lithuania, or Czech Republic) and sent around Europe. 

4 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

I would expect they are going to do what most artists are doing these days to keep shipping cost at lower lever = US copies are pressed in US factories and sent to US customers mostly, and EU copies are pressed in EU (usually in Netherlands, Lithuania, or Czech Republic) and sent around Europe. 

I think there have been stock/pressing issues with this one, right? Maybe that's why maybe they've decided to import US copies to the EU while the EU stock is coming or something.

Interscope still f*****g with anything Madonna related, classic. :Madonna003::Madonna003:

Just now, Prayer said:

I think there have been stock/pressing issues with this one, right? Maybe that's why maybe they've decided to import US copies to the EU while the EU stock is coming or something.

Interscope still f*****g with anything Madonna related, classic. :Madonna003::Madonna003:

Yeah, that makes perfect sense, they probably shipped some US copies to EU to partly cover a demand. I haven't had any significant issue with my copy (it was delayed for a week or so, but that was expected), so totally forgot Interscope is bunch of amateurs when it comes to Madonna stuff

19 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

So messy :seeno:

So they imported from US and exported back to US, that's explain why this product is so expensive :seeno:

1 hour ago, LongIslandTea said:

So messy :seeno:

So they imported from US and exported back to US, that's explain why this product is so expensive :seeno:

No, that's not a point here :)

Mrsciccone is from EU, ordered it from eu shop and got an US copy (so they imported it here from US for some reason.. But nothing was exported back) 

While I am from EU, too, ordered it from eu shop and got EU copy, made in the Netherlands. 

Interscope probably didn't order enough copies from Netherlands manufacturer to cover a demand in EU, so they imported some copies for US. But pity is for them, actually, since it only means higher shipping costs for them. 

21 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

No, that's not a point here :)

Mrsciccone is from EU, ordered it from eu shop and got an US copy (so they imported it here from US for some reason.. But nothing was exported back) 

While I am from EU, too, ordered it from eu shop and got EU copy, made in the Netherlands. 

Interscope probably didn't order enough copies from Netherlands manufacturer to cover a demand in EU, so they imported some copies for US. But pity is for them, actually, since it only means higher shipping costs for them. 

I read comments on FB M vinyl collecting group that some US fans ordered from EU sites and got US copy. :seeno:

The runout numbers are quite different:

2023: 39281 1A 0602527977515

(= pressed in the Netherlands by Industry Press)

2013 US: B0016659-01-LP1A RJ STERLING Ⓤ

(= pressed by United Recording Pressing in the USA)

2013 EU: 99042E1/A www.gzvinyl.com - 2797751-A

(= pressed by GZ Media in the Czech Republic)  

It doesn’t matter what the sleeve says where it was manufactured. What matters are the pressing plants and which stampers were used. A friend who lives in the same town bought this 2023 edition. The cover says Made in the USA, the vinyls were however pressed in the Netherlands. 
In any case, this 2023 release has a genuine new pressing. 

On 8/21/2023 at 2:28 PM, Cyber-Raga said:

The runout numbers are quite different:

2023: 39281 1A 0602527977515

(= pressed in the Netherlands by Industry Press)

2013 US: B0016659-01-LP1A RJ STERLING Ⓤ

(= pressed by United Recording Pressing in the USA)

2013 EU: 99042E1/A www.gzvinyl.com - 2797751-A

(= pressed by GZ Media in the Czech Republic)  

It doesn’t matter what the sleeve says where it was manufactured. What matters are the pressing plants and which stampers were used. A friend who lives in the same town bought this 2023 edition. The cover says Made in the USA, the vinyls were however pressed in the Netherlands. 
In any case, this 2023 release has a genuine new pressing. 

Absolutely. Thankfully, this new Record Industry pressing also doesn't have those annoying pops that all the GZ pressed records had in 2013 (near beginning of GGW).

16 hours ago, Madame X said:

I've got two copies of the 2023 repress: One with Manufactured in USA and one with Made in the Netherlands on the sleeve. 
However, the Netherlands one seems to have a thinner sleeve than the US one.

Take a look (upper one is the Netherlands one):

IMG_2890.thumb.jpeg.44417ac238e1062dbddd2fd19109519e.jpeg

May I know both bought from where?