Celebrate "Madonna" The Debut Album's 40th Anniversary: Performances, Demos, Photos, Interviews, Remixes, and More!

Donna

On 7/9/2023 at 5:37 PM, scamper said:

I think for this album the most interesting thing could be the videos more than the audios. It was her first album and I've always heard that she didn't record more songs. My guess is that could be "Ain't no big deal" as a bonus track and maybe her version of "Sidewalk talk". The rest, in case she makes a superdeluxe edition will be different takes or remixes. It's just my thought.

On the other hand... The videos, TV performances (if she doesn't have to pay the rights for them) and interviews could be the extras for a deluxe edition. But I guess that if they decide to include TV performances will be one for each song. I don't see them making a dvd with 10 different performances of "Holiday".

I know it probably wouldn’t happen but I’d love it if they’d officially upload all those old promo performances to her youtube account. Or even just do a playlist with them altogether.

I’ve gone down that rabbit hole before. It’s fun. There are so many! That and all the promo performances of LAV. There are like 5 from Japan. I’d love for her people to make things like that available on her official acct.

10 hours ago, jesus said:

2144669730_madonna1983.thumb.jpeg.7e56c0fcd27d59bcccf88465116f87d0.jpeg1185693027_madonnamakeup.thumb.jpeg.ef1bbbf9edb3d3eb1a4b8140afce1cf3.jpeg

thanks for this thread! 

And Thank you @jesusfor your contribution to this thread.  It always helps because as much as I think I know Madonna and all that is out there, there is always another fan who shares something I may have never seen before. 

Thank you so much and much appreciation to all others who have contributed to the thread so far. 

49 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I don't listen to or particularly like 80s music, but I love this album! Well, I like modern music influenced by 80s music. But Madonna's albums are the only 4 80s albums I listen to.

Oh, there are a lot of great 80's album out there, but if you're going to listen to any 80's albums, it's nice to know they are all Madonna! :)

12 hours ago, tscott said:

And Thank you @jesusfor your contribution to this thread.  It always helps because as much as I think I know Madonna and all that is out there, there is always another fan who shares something I may have never seen before. 

Thank you so much and much appreciation to all others who have contributed to the thread so far. 

This thread was very needed when u created it! Lets celebrate her and her career and achievements, her artistic evolution, her rebelliousness and her determination to continue! 💗

10 hours ago, jesus said:

This thread was very needed when u created it! Lets celebrate her and her career and achievements, her artistic evolution, her rebelliousness and her determination to continue! 💗

That is what I'm hoping others will do here. Meanwhile, I'm going to keep adding to the thread!  It's a nice thread to have to scroll through and discover or re-discover things from her debut album that we haven't seen, hard, read at all or for a long while.  It's also a nice thread to go through, to escape and take a break form other more intense threads/topics here.  :)

1 hour ago, tscott said:

Yes, it's being released under Rhino.  There's a thread about it here:

The picture I posted (see my thread page 2) is different and no picture discs.

See here too:

https://twitter.com/MadonnaAccess/status/1679214295991681029?t=7Lq2n9r6kTWaU8PdcmjgPQ&s=19

But it would be nice to have these vinyls!

4 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Such a magnificent thread. I love it! Madonna fans at their finest celebrating one of the the most magnificent and iconic artists of all time. With that said, I leave this. Heart filled masterpiece Madonna singing her heart out.  

I love this song so much. Thanks for posting.

Not that this is a big deal, but this thread is actually celebrating everything about her "Debut Album".   So feel free to post things regarding the first album.  :heart::)

• Jackie pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic