5 things Madonna did you didn’t care for

Blue Skies

On 8/25/2023 at 10:05 PM, GregVsMatt said:

I feel like instead of calling the topic '5 things Madonna did you didn’t care for' you should have just called it 'I want to tell everyone here about 5 things Madonna did  that I didn’t care for'

I don't think you could be more hyperdefensive about the slightest critical discussions about M if you tried.

On 8/25/2023 at 11:31 PM, Ayham said:

Too many unnecessary things/events I just can’t choose. 😵💫🫤🙂🥲💀 I’ll just mention some… with the right order:

- BUTT Implant 🍑

- Instagram 🤡

- ALOT of low budget movies (90’s) 🤮

- MDNS Skin 💀💀💀

- Aretha Franklin speech 🤡

Damn, why did you have to remind me of that abysmal speech?

19 hours ago, Eyzonme said:

Everytime she has sung covers of Hallelujah and Imagine. 

Forcing her children down our throats

Grillz

Butt implants

Leather caps

Potentially shining a light on Katy Perry before she became mega famous

Social media - there used to be a very special mystique about her before she started using them. Sorta cheapened her image. At the same time it's great she opened up her private life to us. Wish there was more quality over quantity.

Yeh, apart from wanting her kids to be happy and healthy, the degree at which she posts about them is more than I'd prefer.

18 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

Everything posted here I probably dislike of her or don´t about, although some things really were terrible for me so I don´t think I was not caring about really, but for example, passing the crown to Aguilera and Spears on MTV, although viral, I think it was the first step to real decline in a sense. She was realising such top notch  and diverse and creative and surprising music and videos such as as Frozen , Power of goodbye, Music, Don´t tell me, DIe another day, Nothing fails...and suddenly she was desperate, trying to go viral and saying those girls were going to be the next generation, C´mon? Sometimes I have serious doubts about her own selfsteem, really. 

Ok, I don´t want to put those two girls down, don´t be mad, they are great pop artists, but sorry, never in the league of M, thats for sure.

Hey, baby. Let's not forget that M was in career survival mode during that time, but I understand where you're coming from.

On 8/26/2023 at 9:07 AM, MDNA22 said:

1. Bum implant  -  not the fact she got work done there but unfortunately it does not suit her and just looks odd on her frame

2. Madame X 'Documentary'  - was anything but a 'documentary' all of it so contrived  - really hard to watch it was so staged and scripted 

3. Editing of her concerts since MDNA - too many shows used, glaring continuity fails in all of them, non HD screen footage included, poor selection of which shows to film for the MDNA tour DVD I think led to this approach.

4.Over editing/filters of photos especially on social media - think is totally fine to edit them but the person doing them really seems to go OTT and make her look like a waxwork doll in some

5.Performance last year with Maluma at his concert

You raise a great point re the concert overedits, but I'd argue that the problem started as early as The Confessions Tour.

I'd say her devolution into a youth-obsessed, Kardashian-inspired aesthetic has been the most disappointing to see.

I didn't like her series of businesses after '08 but then I get that she was trying to earn back her fortune after the divorce.

I haven't loved the confusing expectations and general roll-out of the 40th anniversary releases but let's see what happens...

I wouldn't mind the grillz so much if they were used more sparingly and limited to shoots where she didn't need to speak.

I'm cool with the B-grade movies and similar ventures as they all add to her pop culture canon in fun and interesting ways.

1. Her Otto Van... whatever

2. Her Tiktok videos (that stupid medias are bothered 😂)

3. Her Plastic Surgery

4. Her overall jewelries/accessories on her neck and wrist nowadays (not the 80s)

5. Her so-called feud with Mariah way back 1995 (I don't believe she said those words because I know Madge can be bitchy sometimes but most of all, she's always classy when she's going to comment towards other artist. It's just a mistake to Mariah to bit that kind of cheap trick from media back in the 90s).

10 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

They gutted the best parts of that show 😢 

I can't even remember what changes were made, but I'm presuming the crosses in Holy Water was one of them? I wouldn't call that a great loss as such. I can't begin to think what else would change.

3 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I only saw it once and it scarred me for life - now I watch the parody which is hilarious 😂 

https://youtu.be/ZKNP1WoJKSE?si=OqCMt0enFkGs_3cw

This is so stupid

I cannot stand that literally every parody needs to be built on the same "joke" that she is "old" and "not relevant" anymore. It is happening since 90s all over again.. Cannot anyone come with any other idea to be "funny"?