5 things Madonna did you didn’t care for

Blue Skies

1. Bum implant  -  not the fact she got work done there but unfortunately it does not suit her and just looks odd on her frame

2. Madame X 'Documentary'  - was anything but a 'documentary' all of it so contrived  - really hard to watch it was so staged and scripted 

3. Editing of her concerts since MDNA - too many shows used, glaring continuity fails in all of them, non HD screen footage included, poor selection of which shows to film for the MDNA tour DVD I think led to this approach.

4.Over editing/filters of photos especially on social media - think is totally fine to edit them but the person doing them really seems to go OTT and make her look like a waxwork doll in some

5.Performance last year with Maluma at his concert 

8 hours ago, Blue Skies said:

So did I disturb your peace then 😉

Just trying to get a feel for the place.  Just because I’m a fan don’t mean I have to like everything she’s done.

My way of “expressing myself

Besides, it wasn't your first post.  You've introduced yourself, and participated in a number of favorable Madonna threads, showing where you stand as a fan.  While you don't love everything she does, you've proven to respect and enjoy her very much. 

Like @MPowered stated, don't let anyone try to silence you. As long as you are being civil, respectful and tolerant of others, you should be fine.  :luv:

Hmmm things I haven't liked.

I don't like the process with which she created Rebel Heart - the writing camps and such. The music quality suffered big time. She should've just stick with Avicii and Diplo and that's it.

The grills are embarrassing and awful.

I think the thing I dislike the most is her lack of accessibility. She doesn't care to know us at all and I just have to not think about that too much because it's not right, imo. She should do Meet & Greets on tour at least for the Immaculate VIP purchasers. How awful is it to meet some of your fans willing to give up a big chunk of their hard-earned paychecks to support you at your show? Anyway, I digress.

4 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I think the thing I dislike the most is her lack of accessibility. She doesn't care to know us at all and I just have to not think about that too much because it's not right, imo. She should do Meet & Greets on tour at least for the Immaculate VIP purchasers. How awful is it to meet some of your fans willing to give up a big chunk of their hard-earned paychecks to support you at your show?

I think it’s more authentic though. She is just not that kind of person that wants to pretend her fans are her friends and encourage an unhealthy bond. (Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga.) If she started doing meet and greets I think she would be bored or uncomfortable and a lot of fans would feel ripped off. Doing the unapologetic bitch thing or the Polaroid auctions are better alternatives for her because it’s part of her performance and she/her team can be selective about which fans she interacts with. Sorry to say there are probably some fans she does not want to meet no matter how much money they pay her. Remember she tried to do that charity thing going to Peru with fans and look how that ended up.

26 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I think it’s more authentic though. She is just not that kind of person that wants to pretend her fans are her friends and encourage an unhealthy bond. (Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga.) If she started doing meet and greets I think she would be bored or uncomfortable and a lot of fans would feel ripped off. Doing the unapologetic bitch thing or the Polaroid auctions are better alternatives for her because it’s part of her performance and she/her team can be selective about which fans she interacts with. Sorry to say there are probably some fans she does not want to meet no matter how much money they pay her. Remember she tried to do that charity thing going to Peru with fans and look how that ended up.

Same opinion.I love Lady Gaga and some other more but there's a time for everything yes and privacy.She doesnt want people she doesn't know or care about to go follow her everywhere,she doesn't even force us to hear her music and even has encouraged leaks of her music

Everytime she has sung covers of Hallelujah and Imagine. 

Forcing her children down our throats

Grillz

Butt implants

Leather caps

Potentially shining a light on Katy Perry before she became mega famous

Social media - there used to be a very special mystique about her before she started using them. Sorta cheapened her image. At the same time it's great she opened up her private life to us. Wish there was more quality over quantity. 

18 hours ago, Prayer said:

Isn't listing what you didn't care for actually caring for it? :Madonna003:

I'd say the children's books. Though they gave us iconic images:

GettyImages-53034587.jpg

june-7-madonna-casha-5.jpg?w=550&h=367

This woman. She's done it all.

The way she went from having her hoohah on display for all to see literally around 10 years before then becoming a childrens book author.. the duality of her.. nobody else like it tbh

Everything posted here I probably dislike of her or don´t about, although some things really were terrible for me so I don´t think I was not caring about really, but for example, passing the crown to Aguilera and Spears on MTV, although viral, I think it was the first step to real decline in a sense. She was realising such top notch  and diverse and creative and surprising music and videos such as as Frozen , Power of goodbye, Music, Don´t tell me, DIe another day, Nothing fails...and suddenly she was desperate, trying to go viral and saying those girls were going to be the next generation, C´mon? Sometimes I have serious doubts about her own selfsteem, really. 

Ok, I don´t want to put those two girls down, don´t be mad, they are great pop artists, but sorry, never in the league of M, thats for sure.

Guest lalagirl
10 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

Everything posted here I probably dislike of her or don´t about, although some things really were terrible for me so I don´t think I was not caring about really, but for example, passing the crown to Aguilera and Spears on MTV, although viral, I think it was the first step to real decline in a sense. She was realising such top notch  and diverse and creative and surprising music and videos such as as Frozen , Power of goodbye, Music, Don´t tell me, DIe another day, Nothing fails...and suddenly she was desperate, trying to go viral and saying those girls were going to be the next generation, C´mon? Sometimes I have serious doubts about her own selfsteem, really. 

Ok, I don´t want to put those two girls down, don´t be mad, they are great pop artists, but sorry, never in the league of M, thats for sure.

I feel the same way.

sometimes she emulates them (like with tokisha or the kardashians) it's akin to the teacher taking cues of the worst student whom, because of their antics, gets the most attention. it's strange how someone as intelligent as madonna can be so insecure to the point of mimicking those who are so inferior to her.

since then, she's become associated with them. She should be compared with the likes of Kate Bush and Bowie, not these teen pop girls.

I thought about blowing up the White House 

Whenever she tries to do comedy - either take the time to learn and practice or don’t do it. your friends laughing at your commentary in private doesn’t make you a comedian. 

Starting concerts 2-3 hours late

Covid is the great equalizer 

children’s books

17 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

the sex book

announcing the new warner deal way too early and still not making any comments on it

body of evidence(some of the worst dialogue and acting ive ever seen in a movie)

wearing the same hot pants for the last 4 years

the gap commercial with missy

BOE is a CLASSIC! Maybe for ALL the wrong reasons but I wont stand for this slander! :angryaf: How dare you. :lord: :lol::heart:

5 hours ago, Enrico said:

Same vinyls in 800 colors

Except the fact Madonna is barely doing that, especially in comparison with other artists that are releasing a new album in 20 different colors ... we have got FEL vinyl widely available in various colors and thats basically it. Other releases are only very limited ones - like TB blue vinyl in New Zealand (and I dont count COADF where pink vinyl is basically onle one available, same for Hard Candy)

1 hour ago, maddy1111 said:

Except the fact Madonna is barely doing that, especially in comparison with other artists that are releasing a new album in 20 different colors ... we have got FEL vinyl widely available in various colors and thats basically it. Other releases are only very limited ones - like TB blue vinyl in New Zealand (and I dont count COADF where pink vinyl is basically onle one available, same for Hard Candy)

Yeah, Madonna hasn't even begun to start profiting off what a number artists are doing right now, by releasing multiple colored vinyls of her albums. Up to this point, everything she's released has been pretty limited and rare.  FEL seems to be the first release where it's far less limited, but it's possible the colored Vinyls aren't selling as well, due to many interested in FEL already bought the original release.

On 8/25/2023 at 7:20 PM, Robertthenurse said:

1. Justin Timberlake collab

2. Guy Ritchie (aka the Bush years)

3. Madame X make up she sold 

4. 1988/89 Brunett hair and fashion (re: LAP album photoshoot)

5. Changing her shows during Rebel Heart to give in to governments I.e Asia.

Did you see the ticket prices for the shows in the Far East? She would never have cancelled those shows, it was always going to be a case of her performing those shows no matter what changes needed to be made. This isn't 1990 anymore, and Madonna cancelling a show to make a political statement wouldn't have much impact press wise at this stage.

20 minutes ago, scion said:

Did you see the ticket prices for the shows in the Far East? She would never have cancelled those shows, it was always going to be a case of her performing those shows no matter what changes needed to be made. This isn't 1990 anymore, and Madonna cancelling a show to make a political statement wouldn't have much impact press wise at this stage.

They gutted the best parts of that show 😢