Opinions on alternative versions for "The Immaculate Collection"

Holger

45 minutes ago, Candy Perfume Boy said:

I’ve got this cassette. It’s an oddity, in that it uses the video version of Crazy For You complete with intro alarm clock. I don’t think we ever got that particular version used anywhere else for an audio only release 

Other than that, which versions are used on this tape?

1 hour ago, Candy Perfume Boy said:

I’ve got this cassette. It’s an oddity, in that it uses the video version of Crazy For You complete with intro alarm clock. I don’t think we ever got that particular version used anywhere else for an audio only release 

Can you please tell us the versions of each track? :)

11 hours ago, Candy Perfume Boy said:

Are the other songs the album/single edits or the Q sound mixes?

The reason for not including all the singles is because she NEVER releases anything that cancels her previous work.

Explanation;

not all the singles from MADONNA

not all the singles from LIKE A VIRGIN

not all the singles from TRUE BLUE

WHO'S THAT GIRL is not included que she isn't proud of the movie.

not all the singles from LIKE A PRAYER

definately not all the singles from I'M BREATHLESS (which I consider an studio album , having learned the lesson from WHO'S THAT GIRL)

and the two new singles JUSTIFY MY LOVE and RESCUE ME, which were then required to be played on the radio (new singles) apart from 

re-releasing Holiday (with the holiday collection) where  TRUE BLUE, WHO'S THAT GIRL and CAUSING A COMMOTION found their redemption....

also re-releasing CRAZY FOR YOU , which for europeans was new. and included KEEP IT TOGETHER as well as INTO THE GROOVE.

Even years after, releasing  GHV2 and later CELEBRATION neither  included all the singles...

11 minutes ago, Amlo said:

The reason for not including all the singles is because she NEVER releases anything that cancels her previous work.

Explanation;

not all the singles from MADONNA

not all the singles from LIKE A VIRGIN

not all the singles from TRUE BLUE

WHO'S THAT GIRL is not included que she isn't proud of the movie.

not all the singles from LIKE A PRAYER

definately not all the singles from I'M BREATHLESS (which I consider an studio album , having learned the lesson from WHO'S THAT GIRL)

and the two new singles JUSTIFY MY LOVE and RESCUE ME, which were then required to be played on the radio (new singles) apart from 

re-releasing Holiday (with the holiday collection) where  TRUE BLUE, WHO'S THAT GIRL and CAUSING A COMMOTION found their redemption....

also re-releasing CRAZY FOR YOU , which for europeans was new. and included KEEP IT TOGETHER as well as INTO THE GROOVE.

Even years after, releasing  GHV2 and later CELEBRATION neither  included all the singles...

Yeah, I always assumed she wanted to distance herself from the WTG movie “bomb” that’s why she didn’t include any of the singles from the soundtrack on TIC.

I rather listen to the digital platform version of TIC than the original, physically available one currently. I am proudly in the very minority who prefers Borderline with their full lyrics instead of having been chopped as it was for most of its single treatment versions and don't give a damn for any additional sounds either (and also hope M somehow performs this song someday with full lyrics including the "look at your love has done to me" and "you cause me so much pain" verses placed at the very end off song too).

Edited by Anapausis
I have put more detailed info. (see edit history)

21 hours ago, Anapausis said:

I rather listen to the digital platform version of TIC than the original, physically available one currently. I am proudly in the very minority who prefers Borderline with their full lyrics instead of having been chopped as it was for most of its single treatment versions and don't give a damn for any additional sounds either (and also hope M somehow performs this song someday with full lyrics including the "look at your love has done to me" and "you cause me so much pain" verses placed at the very end off song too).

what about the 7:15 of Lucky Star?

The sound quality of the album was really amazing at the time. It sounded so fresh and new, especially in 1990. The immaculate collection is iconic, legendray. Almost every house had a copy, kids or parents.

I have one complain though ; "La isla bonita". The Q-sound mix of the Immaculate took away all the bassline of the track and sounds almost like an acapella, or a "churchapella" if you get what i mean. It sounds very flat. I cannot listen to that version. 

35 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

The sound quality of the album was really amazing at the time. It sounded so fresh and new, especially in 1990. The immaculate collection is iconic, legendray. Almost every house had a copy, kids or parents.

Because TIC was made for no fans. You are right, everybody had a copy in their house.

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

what about the 7:15 of Lucky Star?

Flawless! When I feel like listening to LS original Q-Sound done by Pettibone, I go for any YouTube video which features it. My main streaming platform's YouTube Music which allows to watch any music-related YT video, including adding original YT playlists.

I got shocked when Deezer Premium got totally restructured after a year of non using it. I only use it for tracks I can't have direct access through full albums on YTM (you know, the ones what got replaced by the corresponding MV's...)

Actually given I'm not a strict audiophile, I use the video M uploaded on her official YouTube account with the full content off Dolby Atmos iTunes' version recently available to listen to TIC instead of accessing the actual album.

You know which video I mean; if not, this one here:

Why? I've just fallen in love with the new PDP ending!!!

Edited by Anapausis
Added more info. (see edit history)

35 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Flawless! When I feel like listening to LS original Q-Sound done by Pettibone, I go for any YouTube video which features it. My main streaming platform's YouTube Music which allows to watch any music-related YT video, including adding original YT playlists.

I got shocked when Deezer Premium got totally restructured after a year of non using it. I only use it for tracks I can't have direct access through full albums on YTM (you know, the ones what got replaced by the corresponding MV's...)

Actually given I'm not a strict audiophile, I use the video M uploaded on her official YouTube account with the full content off Dolby Atmos iTunes' version recently available to listen to TIC instead of accessing the actual album.

You know which video I mean; if not, this one here:

Why? I've just fallen in love with the new PDP ending!!!

I love the mix I just think it feels too long within the rest of edits.

On 9/7/2023 at 11:28 AM, rlittler81 said:

Yeah, I always assumed she wanted to distance herself from the WTG movie “bomb” that’s why she didn’t include any of the singles from the soundtrack on TIC.

The track "Who's that girl" has been huge in the 80's. Everyone had the 7" record at home. It was a signature song. 

When "The Immaculate Collection" was released she was still trying to make it as an actress, just had a big hit with "Dick Tracy" that Summer and probably had absolutely no interest in reminding anyone of the "Who's That Girl" movie flop. Not even with a #1 single.

It's really simple.

Plus the usual strategy: she never gives all in one package. "You want the songs? Get the soundtrack then".