On 9/8/2023 at 5:43 PM, GregVsMatt said:

I really want:

Everybody

Into The Groove

Hung Up

Physical Attraction

Where's The Party

Erotica

As the institution you are to us as M fans around the world (and I beg you to take it as a sincere compliment as it actually is, instead of facing it as a nasty piece of irony), you just took words from my mouth!!!

Edited by Anapausis
I thought adding a comma was necessary. (see edit history)

I think I said this in another thread but I'll post it here again: 

ACT 1: NEW YORK CITY: 1982 to 2023

INTRO (contains elements of "Lucky Star", "Everybody", "Into the Groove", "Music", "Hung Up", "Vogue" and other hits)

01. Everybody

02. Into the Groove Medley (contains excerpts from "Causing a Commotion")

03. Hung Up 

04. Music

ACT 2: BORDELLO / FLAMENCO 

Physical Attraction (Remix) - Video Interlude (contains elements from "Thursday" by Pet Shop Boys")

05. Like a Virgin  

06. Justify My Love / Erotica (Mashup)

07. Deeper and Deeper (contains elements from "Spanish Hustle" by Fatback Band)

Who's That Girl - Band Interlude 

08. La Isla Bonita / Medellín - Spanish Medley (contains reprise from "La Isla Bonita")

09. Take a Bow* // Surprise Song**

ACT 3: ACTIVIST / FEMINIST 

WORLD ON FIRE (WAKE UP) - Video Interlude (contains elements from "God Control", "Die Another Day", "4 Minutes" and  "Sorry")

10. 4 Minutes (contains samples from "Give It 2 Me")

11. Human Nature

12. Don't Tell Me 

13. American Life (contains excerpts from "Hollywood")

ACT 4: SPIRITUAL / RELIGIOUS 

THE CONFESSIONAL (Confess Thy Sins) -  Dancer Interlude (contains elements from "The Beast Within")

14. Frozen 

15. Ray of Light* (Acoustic)

16. Live to Tell / Papa Don't Preach

17. Like a Prayer (contains elements from "Act of Contrition") 

ACT 5: BALLROOM CHIC / ENCORE 

Truth or Dare (2023 ver.) - Video Interlude

18. Vogue (Extended Intro)

19. Express Yourself / Open Your Heart 

20. Material Girl (Outro contains elements from "MATERIAL GWORLLLLLLLL!")

21. Bitch, I'm Madonna (Extended Outro)

RETROSPECTIVE - Video Interlude

21. Holiday / Celebration (Mashup)(contains samples from "Get Together")

//: Switch out songs

/: Medley or Mashup

**Suprise Song Section (Who's That Girl, Rain, Secret, etc.)

*Guitar or Acoustic 

It's not realistic but I tried 

I know there are too many songs, but it's so hard to only choose 20/25... After all, Madonna said in the press release for the tour announcement : "I am excited to explore as many songs as possible" :angel:

(Songs with a * mean they are shortened)

Celebration
Music
Into The Groove*
Everybody*
Crazy for You

Beautiful Stranger - Interlude
Ray of Light
Burning Up*
Candy Perfume Girl*
Don't Tell Me
Secret

Bedtime Story - Interlude
Live to Tell
Papa Don't Preach
Express Yourself
Open Your Heart
Bordeline*
Lucky Star*

Justify My Love - Interlude
Erotica
Like a Virgin
Material Girl*
Girl Gone Wild*
Human Nature
Bitch I'm Madonna - Interlude

Frozen
Medellin*
La Isla Bonita
Deeper and Deeper*
Take a Bow
Don't Cry for Me Argentina - Interlude

Hung Up
Sorry*
Give It 2 Me*
Nothing Really Matters
Rescue Me*
Vogue
Die Another Day - Interlude

Like a Prayer
Holiday

ACT 1: ART DECO REVIVAL / BALLROOM EXTRAVAGANZA

MLVC - Video Introduction

01. Vogue (Contains elements from "I Don't Search I Find", "Deeper And Deeper" & "Break My Soul (The Queens Remix)")

02. Material Girl (with "Material Gworrllllllll!" outro)

03. Justify My Erotic Vulgar Love

04. Bitch I'm Madonna (Contains excepts from "Burning Up")

ACT 2: FREEDOM FIGHTER / ACTIVIST

Sorry / Nobody Knows Me - Video Interlude (Contains elements from "Two Tribes" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood)

05. American Life (Contains elements from "This Is America" by Childish Gambino)

06. Don't Tell Me

07. Human Nature

08. Express Yourself

09. 4 Minutes

10. Papa Don't Preach (Contains elements from "God Control" & "Die Another Day")

ACT 3: IBERIAN / MEDITERRANEAN

Don't Cry For Me Argentina - Dance Interlude

11. You Must Love Me

12. La Isla Bonita / Who's That Girl

13. Suprise Song / Audience Request Section

14. Take A Bow

ACT 4: CELESTIAL / ETHEREAL

The Beast Within / Rescue Me - Video Interlude

15. Frozen / Open Your Heart

16. Live To Tell

17. Ray Of Light

18. Like A Prayer (Contains elements from "Act Of Contrition" & "Girl Gone Wild")

ACT 5: DANCETERA / SOUND FACTORY

Causing A Commotion - Dance Interlude

19. Into The Groove (Contains elements from "Lucky Star", "Where's The Party" & "Physical Attraction")

20. Everybody

21. Like A Virgin (Contains excepts from "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson)

22. Music (Contains elements from "Give It 2 Me", "Impressive Instant" & "Pineapple Crush")

Hung Up On Tokischa - Dance Interlude

23. Hung Up

ENCORE

24. Crazy For You (Contains elements from "Rain")

25. Holiday / Celebration

Btw @N3onNostalgicI am a fan of your posts and dream setlists at Flop of the Pops, and I honestly get why you came with this, this is much likely a very predictable typical M setlist, and I praise you for always being faithful to artists' state of mind when developping dream setlists for them, but, as @sciontold, this is a setlist very complicated in terms of what fans expect and need from M.

Honestly, however, if setlist before ICU haven't got much altered after rehearsals have resumed, there's a big possibility many of your bets come true. I tell this because, after her rebirth, I believe she'll be more condescending in terms of what longtime fans wanna hear from her now and try satisfy more our colective tastes instead of her personal taste as always has been.

Edited by Anapausis (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Btw @N3onNostalgicI am a fan of your posts and dream setlists at Flop of the Pops, and I honestly get why you came with this, this is much likely a very predictable typical M setlist, and I praise you for always being faithful to artists' state of mind when developping dream setlists for them, but, as @sciontold, this is a setlist very complicated in terms of what fans expect and need from M.

Honestly, however, if setlist before ICU haven't got much altered after rehearsals have resumed, there's a big possibility much of your bets come true. I tell this because, after her rebirth, I believe she'll be more condescending in terms of what longtime fans wanna hear from her now and try satisfy more our colective tastes instead of her personal taste as always has been.

In hindsight I kinda wish I swaped around Act 1 & 5 so the former was before the encore and the latter was the opening section but then it would've been similar to @NothingReallyMatters concept.

I Redid my setlist 

ACT 1: NEW YORK CITY: 80's to 2020's

INTRO (contains elements of "Lucky Star", "Everybody", "Into the Groove", "Music", "Hung Up", "Vogue" and other hits)

01. Everybody (Remix)

02. Into the Groove

03. Like a Virgin (contains elements from "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson)

DJ Mix - Interlude (contains elements from "Physical Attraction", "Where's The Party", "Causing a Commotion", and "Lucky Star")

04. Music 

05. Hung Up (contains elements from "Hung Up on Tokischa")

ACT 2: LATIN / MEDITERRANEAN 

Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Miami Mix) - Dancer Interlude 

06. Who's That Girl 

07. La Isla Bonita 

08. Surprise Song**

09. MedellÍn 

ACT 3: FREEDOM FIGHER / ACTIVIST 

WAKE UP - Video Interlude (contains elements from "God Control", "Die Another Day", "4 Minutes" and  "Sorry")

10. American Life (Intro contains elements from "Papa Don't Preach")

11. Don't Tell Me

12. Express Yourself / Human Nature (Medley)

13. 4 Minutes 

ACT 4: SPIRITUAL / RELIGIOUS 

THE CONFESSIONAL (Confess Thy Sins) -  Dancer Interlude (contains elements from "The Beast Within" and "Rescue Me")

14. Frozen / Open Your Heart (with "Frozen" Reprise)

15. Live to Tell 

16. Ray of Light*

17. Like a Prayer (contains elements from "Act of Contrition") 

ACT 5: ART DECO 2023 / BALLROOM 

I Don't Search, I Find (Remix) - Video Interlude

18. Vogue (contains elements from "BREAK MY SOUL - THE QUEENS REMIX" by Beyoncé)

19. Material Girl (Outro contains elements from "MATERIAL GWORLLLLLLLL!")

20. Justify My Erotic Love (Mashup - contains samples from "Vulgar" by Sam Smith)

21. Bitch, I'm Madonna (contains elements from "Burning Up")

ENCORE:

22. Holiday / Celebration (Mashup)

//: Switch out songs

/: Medley or Mashup

**Suprise Song Section (Rain, Secret, etc.)

*Guitar or Acoustic 

This would be one of my ideal setlist (if we focus on some of her famous songs and I tried to put at least one from every album), I know 30 it's a lot but if she does a lot of interludes it can be possible. image.thumb.png.cc3a16a6126cc17f99cf413809bd01aa.png

There is a new way to promote unreleased songs, to perform them at tour before it's available to stream/buy. Several artists are doing this, like Rosalia, BlackPink, Danna Paola, and others. It helps to make the audience to have something new and unique for the experience.

Notes: I think it would be really great if she does Rebel Heart as an interlude, honestly it's an anthem about her fight/journey over these decades.

Edited by Alex the rebel heart (see edit history)

On 9/18/2023 at 3:01 AM, Honey Little said:

I want her to perform the remix of Superstar on this tour. It was an enormous officially released smash hit in the country of Brazil. 

I wouldn't say "enormous" since the CD single for this song wasn't actually put on sale here but gifted to some newspaper subscribers. Ofc lots of copies were shipped overseas to completist collectors but we did never see this single for sell on any store, physical or online.

On 9/17/2023 at 8:54 PM, Alex the rebel heart said:

This would be one of my ideal setlist (if we focus on some of her famous songs and I tried to put at least one from every album), I know 30 it's a lot but if she does a lot of interludes it can be possible. image.thumb.png.cc3a16a6126cc17f99cf413809bd01aa.png

There is a new way to promote unreleased songs, to perform them at tour before it's available to stream/buy. Several artists are doing this, like Rosalia, BlackPink, Danna Paola, and others. It helps to make the audience to have something new and unique for the experience.

Notes: I think it would be really great if she does Rebel Heart as an interlude, honestly it's an anthem about her fight/journey over these decades.

Keep it together over Frozen? interesting 

Not necessarily for The Celebration Tour but for a tour, I always thought it would be cool if she did a really trippy dreamscape segment inspired by Alice in Wonderland - cheshire cats, clocks, mushrooms, dancing on a long dining table, oversized tea cups, white rabbits, rabbit hole, playing cards, etc.

I heard a cool Express Yourself / What You Waiting For (Gwen Stefani) mashup that could segway into Hung Up for that section. The visuals would be so cool, especially if she did a number that was lit only by blacklights to really get trippy maybe for Bedtime Story or something.

• 4 weeks later...

This is my dream setlist:

Dark Section

• 1.      Rescue Me
  • 2.      Bedtime Story
  • 3.      Nothing Really Matters
  • 4.      Impressive Instant
  • 5.      Die Another Day

Disco / 80’s Section

• 6.      Hung Up
  • 7.      Deeper And Deeper
  • 8.      Into The Groove
  • 9.      Who’s That Girl
  • 10.   Papa Don’t Preach
  • 11.   Open Your Heart

Emotional Section

• 12.   Live To Tell
  • 13.   Bad Girl
  • 14.   Rain
  • 15.   Love Profusion

Erotica Section

• 16.   Vogue
  • 17.   Erotica
  • 18.   Like A Prayer
  • 19.   Human Nature

Celebration Section

• 20.   Fever (Edit One)
  • 21.   Ray of Light
  • 22.   Express Yourself
  • 23.   Don't Tell Me
  • 24.   Music
  • 25.   Celebration / Holiday

On 9/24/2023 at 9:06 PM, dankpepe said:

Not necessarily for The Celebration Tour but for a tour, I always thought it would be cool if she did a really trippy dreamscape segment inspired by Alice in Wonderland - cheshire cats, clocks, mushrooms, dancing on a long dining table, oversized tea cups, white rabbits, rabbit hole, playing cards, etc.

I heard a cool Express Yourself / What You Waiting For (Gwen Stefani) mashup that could segway into Hung Up for that section. The visuals would be so cool, especially if she did a number that was lit only by blacklights to really get trippy maybe for Bedtime Story or something.

OMG I love Alice In Wonderland!!! I'm surprised with all her tours, I'm not aware of her ever doing an AIW theme. Maybe she associated it too much with other artists like Gwen, and thought it was too cliche' or cheesy or something? So much potential there. She would look cute in a "sexy Alice" costume, though that might look too much like something from Party City, or her more imperious side would make a good Queen of Hearts, with her dancers as sexy Playing Card Soldiers. 

@Confessions Lightside-I like your setlist! I think Hung Up works better in a disco section, as it seemed like a bit of a stretch to me that she put it in the sex section. I would've done a sexual/Erotica-themed section with a JML/Erotica mash-up or medley, and put HU in a different section. If she wanted a celebration of joyful hedonism in that section, Deeper and Deeper(similar to the Girlie Show) would've been a more logical choice than HU. 

Edited by Kae-Leah Williamson (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, Kae-Leah Williamson said:

OMG I love Alice In Wonderland!!! I'm surprised with all her tours, I'm not aware of her ever doing an AIW theme. Maybe she associated it too much with other artists like Gwen, and thought it was too cliche' or cheesy or something? So much potential there. She would look cute in a "sexy Alice" costume, though that might look too much like something from Party City, or her more imperious side would make a good Queen of Hearts, with her dancers as sexy Playing Card Soldiers. 

Playing on the Queen of Hearts theme in that segment she could easily do Thief of Hearts