The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Adonna

And i adore these fan videos, i mean it's incredible to go on youtube and have the show you saw live with her live banters specifically for every show, i mean even the bad ones (due to tech of the time) from Virgin (we wouldn't have BU, BOrderline and ANgel without it), WTG and Ba....they have a special something....especially since she started over post producing the official releases that are unwatchable more than once as she removes anything live from them.

30 minutes ago, Prayer said:

She messed up a bit the Blond Ambition bed scene choreography last night (that video title xd):

But came back to it like a pro.

Love the little things here and there every night, also vocal mistakes, etc. Makes it all human. And to be fair, this is one of the many numbers that is not 100% exactly the same every night, depends on her mood she's more "excited" or less in the last part.

I love these mistakes lol. While performing Into The Groove at my show (Berlin 1st night) she was coughin into the mic. And at that moment you knew it wasn't playback cause the vocals stopped right there.

24 minutes ago, sara94 said:

I love these mistakes lol. While performing Into The Groove at my show (Berlin 1st night) she was coughin into the mic. And at that moment you knew it wasn't playback cause the vocals stopped right there.

Can't play your video for some reason, but it's this moment, right?

Love it xd

2 hours ago, EgoRod said:

I think with this particular tour the virality  and sharing videos is on the table as part of the promotional campaign.

They are not waiting for the tour to be released in a DVD in 2 years. They ride the TikTok wave and have clips everywhere. That's why they are keen in upgrading fans to the front rows too. It's about showing this Madonna rising from the ashes and flipping the bird to the media that dragged her few months ago.

And having people sharing celebrating in awe and sharing it everywhere.

Oh totally. I absolutely am not opposed to people taking videos, in fact, I took HEAPS myself.

I do see people preaching everyone to “live in the moment” but I truly believe this sentiment comes from a minority. Most people want to make videos and that’s just how society is nowadays. What I was saying is that if the artists/promoters want that to change, they can change it. It’s really up to them. My assumption is most of them want people taking videos and posting them everywhere though.

I love new pics of Madonna no matter if it’s professionally or from fans. Same goes for Madonna videos! Bring them on! Madonna’s team would always be wise to encourage fans to do so for the best promotion. The way they tried to ban it during the Madame X theatre tour put fans off and only hurt promotion of Madonna imo. 

7 hours ago, stefo said:

I think we had the best vocals in Lisbon and Barcelona anyway, she is starting to get tired vocally (and it's absolutely normal of course)

Yeah I was watching the first Berlin show and again she sounded really hoarse, Holiday was painful to listen to. But it makes me happy as a fan that she chooses to sing throughout the whole concert, I'm also keeping up with Mariah's christmas tour and it's very sad (and embarrassing) how she can't handle even simple notes and will mime 80% of the show.

22 minutes ago, missberic said:

Yeah I was watching the first Berlin show and again she sounded really hoarse, Holiday was painful to listen to. But it makes me happy as a fan that she chooses to sing throughout the whole concert, I'm also keeping up with Mariah's christmas tour and it's very sad (and embarrassing) how she can't handle even simple notes and will mime 80% of the show.

The last concern I have to a Madonna's live performance is the quality of her live vocals. I know very well how they are, I don't care if she's semitoning or how many bad notes she could hit. I go to a M show not even to watch her singing, cause I sing along to her and my voice's worse than hers. I go or watch to a M show for the whole package. If I wanted to care about vocals I'd go to opera. Actually what Gaga, Mariah, Céline USED to do irritates me. As an autist, I have zero tolerance to high long stood notes. EDIT: I only tolerate Kylie's ones because Melbourne girl knows how a pop music concert's made.

I have a question about the setlist.

Since I was avoiding spoilers at all costs until my concerts, I didn't follow the discussions about the setlist throughout the months. But I remember reading something about Madonna rehearsing three songs that she had never performed in a tour. Well, NRM and BG are two of them that went into the show, so what was the third one that got scrapped? The Power of Good-bye?

5 minutes ago, karlafalves said:

I have a question about the setlist.

Since I was avoiding spoilers at all costs until my concerts, I didn't follow the discussions about the setlist throughout the months. But I remember reading something about Madonna rehearsing three songs that she had never performed in a tour. Well, NRM and BG are two of them that went into the show, so what was the third one that got scrapped? The Power of Good-bye?

Bedtime Story was never performed live on a tour, it was just an interlude to Re-Invention.

Hold Tight, just like The Power of Good-Bye, was rehearsed and scrapped too.

7 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Is this pre or post grill?

I don't remember that honestly :lol: it's a matter of breath control and vocal cords fatigue anyway. Can you imagine having to sing EACH NIGHT for an arena of thousands of people for two hours? Her songs are not that simple either, cause when you don't have long high notes, you have uptempo shortly breath pauses tracks. And of course she is 65 and she barely takes care of her voice.

@missberic Mariah who?  :Madonna052:

I still can't believe what M is doing guys, I thought I would have never been more amazed by her than that time at the Brits when she got back on her knees and finished the fucking Living for love performance smiling in front of the whole world, most of it laughing at ther ... and of course she prooved me wrong again 

3 minutes ago, stefo said:

I don't remember that honestly :lol: it's a matter of breath control and vocal cords fatigue anyway. Can you imagine having to sing EACH NIGHT for an arena of thousands of people for two hours? Her songs are not that simple either, cause when you don't have long high notes, you have uptempo shortly breath pauses tracks. And of course she is 65 and she barely takes care of her voice.

I still can't believe what M is doing guys, I thought I would have never been more amazed by her than that time at the Brits when she got back on her knees and finished the fucking Living for love performance smiling in front of the whole world, most of it laughing at ther ... and of course she prooved me wrong again 

Carissimo mio, as I told ya before, M's a Gnostic soul. She only gives up on Mother and Father lyrics.

I dont think most of the world was laughing at her at the Brits everyone was shocked and scared, non fans too. It just wasnt a nice thing to see so anyone unless they are twisted. Ive never heard of anyone laughing it was a shock!!!  

Ive found a lot of the time anti Madonna people actually respect her even if they say otherwise. They must have a couple of songs they like because shes done all styles. If they dont they have BIG issues. 

Totally agree with you though, shes a fking marvel!!! 

8 minutes ago, stefo said:

I don't remember that honestly :lol: it's a matter of breath control and vocal cords fatigue anyway. Can you imagine having to sing EACH NIGHT for an arena of thousands of people for two hours? Her songs are not that simple either, cause when you don't have long high notes, you have uptempo shortly breath pauses tracks. And of course she is 65 and she barely takes care of her voice. I was not criticizing, I was just lisening to the Rain performance from Lisbon and it was almost perfect, the last ones are different, that's all.

No offense but I don't know why some are complaining about her vocals. She sounded fantastic.

Funny how you guys mention Mariah, I also saw her live 5 years ago, ironically in the same arena and yes she struggled sometimes. You could totally tell when she was singing actually live. Madonna sounded exactly the same, even her speaking voice. 

10 minutes ago, scallywally said:

I dont think most of the world was laughing at her at the Brits everyone was shocked and scared, non fans too. It just wasnt a nice thing to see so anyone unless they are twisted. Ive never heard of anyone laughing it was a shock!!!  

Ive found a lot of the time anti Madonna people actually respect her even if they say otherwise. They must have a couple of songs they like because shes done all styles. If they dont they have BIG issues. 

Totally agree with you though, shes a fking marvel!!! 

Well, sadly I have terrible friends :lol: (ehm ... like me :smokey:).

The moment she stood up and it was clear she was ok, everybody around me started to laugh and wanna watch it again, to be true ... laughing is also a normal reaction after a shocking moment and, of course, someone like her, the Queen, who enters the stage with an epic archs intro, wearing an infinite cape, she turns around three quarters singing with a dramatic expression and then ... pfiuuuuuuuu: one long flight right to the ground. Well, I can understand who laughed and the whole internet was full of memes and stuff. It was ok for me, as long as she wasn't hurt, it was such a human point of her career. Human, except her reaction, as I was saying.

LFL is one of my all time favourite performance right for this reason, it's the epitome of strenght and dignity.

5 minutes ago, sara94 said:

No offense but I don't know why some are complaining about her vocals. She sounded fantastic.

Funny how you guys mention Mariah, I also saw her live 5 years ago, ironically in the same arena and yes she struggled sometimes. You could totally tell when she was singing actually live. Madonna sounded exactly the same, even her speaking voice. 

I'm not, I'm not. Really. I was just noticing it by watching the Rain performance from Lisbon. It's still quite good, she is just more tired vocally. Complaining was not part of the thing :cute:

58 minutes ago, stefo said:

The moment she stood up and it was clear she was ok, everybody around me started to laugh and wanna watch it again, to be true ... laughing is also a normal reaction after a shocking moment and, of course, someone like her, the Queen, who enters the stage with an epic archs intro, wearing an infinite cape, she turns around three quarters singing with a dramatic expression and then ... pfiuuuuuuuu: one long flight right to the ground. Well, I can understand who laughed and the whole internet was full of memes and stuff. It was ok for me, as long as she wasn't hurt, it was such a human point of her career. Human, except her reaction, as I was saying.

LFL is one of my all time favourite performance right for this reason, it's the epitome of strenght and dignity.

honestly i dont understund way people need to be so mean....

what i like of that exhibition was that after the fall, she came back on the stage and start again like nothing happen

a beautiful metaphor of everyone life and for sure of M life....

you fall but you will get up again

1 hour ago, sara94 said:

people who complain about her voice read the newspaper? or watch the news? only few months ago was intubated in a ICU unit at the hospital.... its a miracle she is still alive and with a tour who is near the end of his first leg of shows....

she looks great and the show too. ...

2 hours ago, sara94 said:

No offense to lambs but Mariah just defrosts at this time of year. The rest of the time she's taking her children to visit their halfsiblings.

And, yes, I know M's voice keeps being powerful and delicious to hear. Btw I haven't heard any flaw to her Blond Ambition vocals. Even in Like a Virgin she sounds fabulous. People love to make themselves believe she could turn into a soprano in some time of her life. Damn, not even in Evita she sounded like in opera. A proof of that was the result of most of her Ray of Light era live performances. I still believe, unlike some guys from here affirm as Gospel, this was decisive in her not touring in 1999, not her pursuing movie roles tailor made for Meryl Streep.

1 hour ago, stefo said:

I wanted to cry and even when she finished the performance I was in a state of shock and terribly preoccupied about her health and her state of mind 

27 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

No offense to lambs but Mariah's just defrosting at this time of year. The rest of the time she's taking her children to visit their halfsiblings.

And, yes, I know M's voice keeps being powerful and delicious to hear. Btw I haven't heard any flaw to her Blond Ambition vocals. Even in Like a Virgin she sounds fabulous. People love to make themselves believe she could turn into a soprano in some time of her life. Damn, not even in Evita she sounded like in opera. A proof of that was the result of most of her Ray of Light era live performances. I still believe, unlike some guys from here affirm as Gospel, this was decisive in her not touring in 1999, not her pursuing movie roles tailor made for Meryl Streep.

mariah just defrosting.....

its one hour im laughing....

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic