The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

5 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Mother and Father? but no 4 Minutes, Material Girl, Who's That Girl (#1), Causing a Commotion, Frozen, Express Yoursel, proper Like a Virgin, proper Music.  I still love it all but what a crazy decision.  Lol

This convo is so October 14th Sultrysully… 😉

5 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Mother and Father? but no 4 Minutes, Material Girl, Who's That Girl (#1), Causing a Commotion, Frozen, Express Yoursel, proper Like a Virgin, proper Music.  I still love it all but what a crazy decision.  Lol

This show is more her story than a greatest hits show. Her loss is a huge part of her story.

1 minute ago, ron92 said:

This show is more her story than a greatest hits show. Her loss is a huge part of her story.

This!  I prefer this then another re-indention of Express Yourself, Material Girl, Music, Like A Virgin and Frozen. They've been done on numerous tours. Mother and Father is getting it's second turn, and as you stated it's part of the story she's telling. 

Just now, Sultrysully said:

I love the show.  It is just an odd choice.  

Not "odd" for the journey she is sharing.  I totally get it.  And like people have pointed out before, it's not like isn't performing other huge hits from her catalog.  Leave it to Madonna, to put her own spin on what one considers "A Hits Tour".  LOL!

14 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

It's actually a truly beautiful and touching moment in the show and fits well in telling her life story. :)

Just now, DiegoLCL said:

Hopefully what she means is that she still not 100% after all she's been through this year. But she'll get there! :pray:

Yes, I'm hoping so too.  I imagine that experience took a lot of out her, so it's possible since then, she hasn't felt what she once was. She may never get that back.  Getting sick and couple that with getting older can really suck!!

2 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

I love the show.  It is just an odd choice.  

Why do you think it's odd?
It's a tribute to her and David's mother. It's a moving performance and it is lovely to have David there with her. It's a nice performance to pay tribute to something that is integral to her life as an artist. It's bittersweet, something like Oh Father or Promise to Try would be too heavy.

1 minute ago, Pedro Beltran said:

If that’s the case she’s truly Wonder Woman because not feeling well and doing this kind of physical activity on the show is amazing!!!

I also thinks she meant this. A full recover from what she faced it's impossible in 4 month even for a 30 yo

Just now, DiegoLCL said:

Why do you think it's odd?
It's a tribute to her and David's mother. It's a moving performance and it is lovely to have David there with her. It's a nice performance to pay tribute to something that is integral to her life as an artist. It's bittersweet, something like Oh Father or Promise to Try would be too heavy.

Maybe it's oddio because there isnt a single and it's from an album that was a flop. But like bad girl this tour is also for us, fans that stand with her and knows every song. 

Saw the show twice in London (Tue & Wed) and I'm still processing it. It's fun, beautiful, poignant and unlike anything else. I'm still haunted by the transition from Holiday to Live To Tell and will be for some time to come. She's giving fans so many little Easter eggs - she's clearly been listening and doing this show with us in mind. I don't know how anyone can be anything but in awe after experiencing this. Everyone in the crowd leaving on both nights had only good things to say too, people were smiling and singing on the underground. I'm quite speechless we got a tour like this from her to be honest. A living legend. A fucking icon. Amen. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)