The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

1 hour ago, Anapausis said:

Well, for Tears of a Clown Melbourne she actually performed on the Friday dawn instead of Thursday evening - she ended at 3am afaik - right @GregVsMattand @Jackie????

EDIT: I tell this because I did watch the notorious live Periscope, show ended by mid afternoon here in Rio - just guessing what was the time in Melbourne...

Yes Tears of A Clown finished close to 3am - she didn't actually start until after 12:30am - I remember getting back to the hotel close to 4am lol 

The official opening time at our show was 20:30. Nobody should expect that the show starts right on time. You get in the arena like an hour before the official time (around 20:00), Stuart starts playing some of her remixes then you have about an hour until she starts at around 22:10. We used the time to buy some drinks, buy merch and go to the toilet. I actually liked that we weren't in a rush. Imagine entering the venue and she starts singing like 10 minutes later. 

42 minutes ago, sara94 said:

The official opening time at our show was 20:30. Nobody should expect that the show starts right on time. You get in the arena like an hour before the official beginning (around 20:00), Stuart starts playing some of her remixes then you have about an hour until she starts at around 22:10. We used the time to buy some drinks, buy merch and go to the toilet. I actually liked that we weren't in a rush. Imagine entering the venue and she starts singing like 10 minutes later. 

Yeah, at this point, we should expect she's going arrive on stage anywhere from 10 or 10:30. :party:

19 minutes ago, rga98 said:

Zoom in on them and you can see them clearly on the first section (NRM - LAP). The one I think she ditched is the gold tooth on the Erotica-Ballroom sections.

Sorry, I just don't see them. I'm looking at the pics when she had straight hair throughout the show, and the early performances as you say, doesn't look like she's wearing them.  Maybe someone can post an image, where the grills are evident when she had the straight hair?

43 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Sorry, I just don't see them. I'm looking at the pics when she had straight hair throughout the show, and the early performances as you say, doesn't look like she's wearing them.  Maybe someone can post an image, where the grills are evident when she had the straight hair?

Okay so I've rewatched some of the clips i took from the 1st Berlin show and here are shitty quality screenshots where you can see she's not wearing grillz

Screenshot_20231202_015637_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231202_014931_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231202_020114_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231202_020503_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231202_020740_Gallery.jpg

11 minutes ago, sara94 said:

Okay so I've rewatched some of the clips i took from the 1st Berlin show and here are shitty quality screenshots where you can see she's not wearing grillz

Screenshot_20231202_015637_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231202_014931_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231202_020114_Gallery.jpg

Thank you. The second photo is between NRM's and LAP, and I didn't think she was wearing the grillls in this show when she had the straight hair.  I can't say the same about the following show (the next night Nov. 29th).  My impression is she has ditched the grills with the recent shows.

33 minutes ago, bootboy31 said:

Just back from the show.

Omg what an amazing show.... Really so much to take in.   But the main thing was at the point before she sang I will survive, she gave a speech about world AIDS day... So moving and it lasted over ten minutes long.  I know because she was right in front of me when she started and because she was so close I started filming on my phone.   I was nearly out of power so I was conscious of needing to press Stop and save the file etc.   What an amazing woman.... This is why I love her.  At a certain point near the end of the speech she seemed to be a bit lost as to how to get back on track with the show and she said something and I shouted "Hell yeah".... She looked in my direction and said "can I get a hell yeah?" And got back on track and went into I will survive.   I need to watch it back but I *think* I might have just had a Madonna moment.

Pardon me while I rant.... it pisses me off how some of the newer generation into other artists more than Madonna dismiss how Madonna played a huge part in addressing and combating the AIDS crisis.  I know a few entertainers such as Liz Taylor was right there doing just as much, but when Madonna was in her prime, she was very much fighting the Aids crisis and always has been. Her and Liz Taylor were two huge stars making a difference before it was "cool" to do so. It's sad how some artist only took on the cause because it gave them some sort of "credit", while whatever they did to positively help the situation, entertainers like Liz Taylor and Madonna took SERIOUS risks to talk about it when no one else was willing to do so.  These days,  it's an afterthought for some artists, while back in the day, entertainers were risking their careers when addressing it.

51 minutes ago, bootboy31 said:

Just back from the show.

Omg what an amazing show.... Really so much to take in.   But the main thing was at the point before she sang I will survive, she gave a speech about world AIDS day... So moving and it lasted over ten minutes long.  I know because she was right in front of me when she started and because she was so close I started filming on my phone.   I was nearly out of power so I was conscious of needing to press Stop and save the file etc.   What an amazing woman.... This is why I love her.  At a certain point near the end of the speech she seemed to be a bit lost as to how to get back on track with the show and she said something and I shouted "Hell yeah".... She looked in my direction and said "can I get a hell yeah?" And got back on track and went into I will survive.   I need to watch it back but I *think* I might have just had a Madonna moment.

Wow. Just awesome! Thanks for sharing. I love your Madonna moment too and how you inspired her to get things back to the concert!! Beautiful! well done!! Thanks for sharing! 

42 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Pardon me while I rant.... it pisses me off how some of the newer generation into other artists more than Madonna dismiss how Madonna played a huge part in addressing and combating the AIDS crisis.  I know a few entertainers such as Liz Taylor was right there doing just as much, but when Madonna was in her prime, she was very much fighting the Aids crisis and always has been. Her and Liz Taylor were two huge stars making a difference before it was "cool" to do so. It's sad how some artist only took on the cause because it gave them some sort of "credit", while whatever they did to positively help the situation, entertainers like Liz Taylor and Madonna took SERIOUS risks to talk about it when no one else was willing to do so.  These days,  it's an afterthought for some artists, while back in the day, entertainers were risking their careers when addressing it.

When you see tonight's speech you will probably cry... It was amazingly powerful..... Forget grills, late starts and everything.   This is Madonna ♥️♥️♥️

11 hours ago, bootboy31 said:

When you see tonight's speech you will probably cry... It was amazingly powerful..... Forget grills, late starts and everything.   This is Madonna ♥️♥️♥️

Thank you for this because while I personally have no issue with the late starts, I can understand why others do.  As for the grills, I think some are making more of it, and are embellishing things.  I can understand her.  Occasionally, I hear a lisp with them, etc, but I still understand her. I just roll my eyes because while I find them ridiculous for anyone to wear, it doesn't stop me from enjoying Madonna.  Like you mentioned, her shows are so exciting, fun,  powerful and message driven that most people ignore the late starts especially once the show starts.  The grill complaints are something I only hear from fans online.  Most anyone else isn't really paying that close attention to notice a difference. :party:

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)