The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

Any chance this could still be in theaters soon or has that idea kind of faded out? I think it could be a huge hit in the theaters and go on for a long time. I can see everyone dressed up in the 90's stuff and many M look a likes dancing and going wild during BIM. Imagine all the new fans,Am I dreaming?

38 minutes ago, FraP said:

You're right to some extent, but I think there are still some challenges. Niki and Donna would easily add harmonies for Madonna, that's true. However, someone might need to rework the impact of the backing track and autotune, and perhaps consider a different instrumental, closer to the album version or even more acoustic, because with the current one, the harmonies might not stand out.

That's why I suggest Madonna performing it with Niki and Donna's musicians, who do a fantastic version.

Nevertheless, it's not an impossible task, even with adjustments to the base. And for me, it would be a dream come true.

Very true. But I think for a one-off situation, it would be totally fine.

16 hours ago, scallywally said:

It drives me crazy that people watch 80 video's before they go most would bound to get bored of it and not as excited! Others maybe not its just something that baffles me. Yes its totally different live x1000 its an immersive experience that I dont even think the tour film will ever be able to capture. 

Such a different tour for her, id just love for people to go in 'like a virgin'. (Corny yeah, I know). 

Not Me!  I am even more excited. The thing to remember is that her shows are always jam packed with visual, no video will capture all at once, and even in person you miss things.  So I like the idea that I can get the general Idea what to look for and then still see things I wouldn't have seen in any video.  I agree not even the concert film be able to capture everything, but of course, Madonna will definitely show case the important things she wants people to see and take a way from it.  Still, it will never make 100% happy, but it's her vision, so I prefer to enjoy what she envision rather just rely on concert footage from a random person.

I'm not a fan of Ricardo Gomez's editing; he's not a great "photographer." I mean, he's not really a photographer; he's just a guy who uses FaceApp.

Fan photos are much better!

And in person, she looks much better (and very different), especially when you're in the front row.

Anyway, this is the tour I've seen live the most - I've attended three shows.

Over time, I've come to appreciate it more. On the opening night, I had mixed feelings - I was both excited and a bit disappointed. I had high expectations because I knew the setlist for months (including songs like Oh Father, Bad Girl, Sorry, Bedtime Story...) and I thought it was going to be fantastic. I was there, but I wasn't fully engaged: I hadn't watched the show with the right mindset, and I also had some health issues that day. Still, I went because I couldn't miss it (even though my condition affected my judgment). For these reasons, I didn't fully grasp the show's narrative.

In Milan and Lisbon, I enjoyed the show much more because I learned to accept its flaws and appreciate its strengths better. However, despite attending it three times, it's the tour I'm least fixated on, after the MXT. I liked it, despite its flaws (that ending leaves a bit of a bitter taste every time), but I'm not obsessed with it. I watch many videos, but I was truly obsessed with the Rebel Heart Tour (I saw it twice). Every time she had a new concert, I watched all the videos and listened to all the speeches. I enjoyed watching her again and again endlessly. The same happened to me with the MDNA Tour, the S&S... This time, I still watch many videos, but not as much.

I think it's a show that's much more appreciated when experienced live.

I loved it in Lisbon and Milan. I think some parts are brilliant.

Watching it on video, it loses a lot, and the visual impact isn't as strong. It's like comparing watching a theatrical performance in a theater to watching it recorded with a camera: it's a completely different experience.

But seeing this show two or three times is enough for me. I don't feel the need to see other shows.

For the Rebel Heart Tour or the Sticky & Sweet Tour, if I had had the financial means, I would have followed them to all 80 stops. I was quite passionate about it, lol. But they were different kind of shows.

Edited by FraP (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Joseebus said:

She flat out told us at the top of the show on Tuesday at MSG that Monday's crowd was amazing, so I think we stepped up our game as well so as not to disappoint/piss her off. :lol:

Lucky. She never mentioned the police in Toronto. She also never mentioned Toronto in Toronto. We were Boston for a hot minute :hallwaylaugh:

https://inews.co.uk/culture/music/why-does-no-one-dance-at-gigs-anymore-2796171?ito=copy-link_share_article-top

I thought I was the only one that noticed this.

https://x.com/survivalartist/status/1750016752438718813?s=12

My beloved Prince used to struggle with this too, the standing there and the cell phones 

9 hours ago, deathproof said:

She plays the role of the "alchemist."

The-Holy-Mountain-HERO.jpg

The section is about her journey to enlightenment, and eventually empowerment (dont cry for me...).

Her first step is to leave all materialistic things behind, by destroying her ego.

We see the enneagram at the end of the performance (also seen in The Holy Mountain)

the-origin-of-the-ta-symbol-from-the-hol

This is prefaced earlier at the end of The Beast Within, with the quote from George Gurdjieff, who is responsible for bringing the enneagram symbol to the modern world. The system that Gurdjieff taught is a complex study of psychology, spirituality, and cosmology to help those understand their place in the universe and their objective purpose in life.

Also the coreo seems inspired by the sacred dances created by Gurdjieff (it's a long video, you can go to minute 5:46 and check what I mean).

3 hours ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

Any chance this could still be in theaters soon or has that idea kind of faded out? I think it could be a huge hit in the theaters and go on for a long time. I can see everyone dressed up in the 90's stuff and many M look a likes dancing and going wild during BIM. Imagine all the new fans,Am I dreaming?

10.55pm screenings only

52 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

https://inews.co.uk/culture/music/why-does-no-one-dance-at-gigs-anymore-2796171?ito=copy-link_share_article-top

I thought I was the only one that noticed this.

https://x.com/survivalartist/status/1750016752438718813?s=12

My beloved Prince used to struggle with this too, the standing there and the cell phones 

Yeah, the amount of people that are obsessed with having their cell phones. I get it!  You want to take a little piece of it home.   Also, we wouldn't have so much great fan footage posted here if there weren't people filming, but it's a bit annoying as well.  I will admit I've taken my song out for a few performances, but that's enough for me.  I feel like I'm losing something when filming with my device.  I'm always too focused in get a good and non shaky shot, that I feel like I am not engaged with the performance. 

To be fair regarding the dancing.... I think a lot of people are just standing in awe or amazement of her current show. There is so much to see, so dancing might be a second thought at this point! :)